Ragnarok fails to work - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok fails to work

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

As i open ragnarok, the game no longer loads, but instead, it opens ragnarok setup, and there forth wether you click OK" or "CANCEL" the setup will automatically re open as it is some kind of never ending openning madness... anyway there is a replay button that was never there before that does the same thing... well in order to get this never ending ROSETUP to close, i must go to Windows task manager and end the process, then i may close it, only to open it again and find myself at the start of never ending retarted bull-_-.
what the hell do i do to play these days

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Run RO as admin, and then setup will only appear once, and when you click OK, the client will start.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#3 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Or should i say, the game screen isd so small i cant see anything, how do i fix this?

Edited by GanjaKing, 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Or should i say, the game screen isd so small i cant see anything, how do i fix this?

Some players have been encountering this, not sure why it only hits some people.

Open RO folder, and run the setup for classic (ClassicSetup or OldSetup - something like that) as admin, and select correct resolution.

#5 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

i tried it in full screen and a series of pop ups occurred such as: "attempt to call a nil value" the box being labeled "queryRegionInfo" and i have the option to click OK or X but either one i click it re-opens endlessly as the game still will not work properly,

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

i tried it in full screen and a series of pop ups occurred such as: "attempt to call a nil value" the box being labeled "queryRegionInfo" and i have the option to click OK or X but either one i click it re-opens endlessly as the game still will not work properly,

Man you are hitting every bug in the book!

open task manager and kill ragexe to get rid of the error.
Start the classic client, then start the normal client, then close the classic client.

That error appears for some users when they start the renewal client when there isn't already a RO client (classic or renewal) running.

#7 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Alright well the popup was a one hitter quitter, but none the less, whichever resolution I choose, the end result remains the same, the same 6x4 box that really aggravating.

#8 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

PM me your number. I will walk you through it.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Alright well the popup was a one hitter quitter, but none the less, whichever resolution I choose, the end result remains the same, the same 6x4 box that really aggravating.

Run both setups as admin, and select the resolution you want in both. If you don't run as admin, the game won't be able to see the results.

Everything involving RO should always be run as admin, because the developers don't seem to understand how to design software to work gracefully with UAC.

#10 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I only have Ragnarok...Well since the problem seems to persist, I will just delete the game ok peace

Edited by GanjaKing, 22 December 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#11 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Run both setups as admin, and select the resolution you want in both. If you don't run as admin, the game won't be able to see the results.

Everything involving RO should always be run as admin, because the developers don't seem to understand how to design software to work gracefully with UAC.

are you telling me that the program is not automatically run as admin

#12 GanjaKing

GanjaKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I deleted the game and re-installed it, and now all my accounts are missing. God why does this have to be so difficult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users