Fixing Racoons gone amok - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fixing Racoons gone amok

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Is there any moe information on this quest?
Since from what everyone has been saying and checking out on the quest... it is badly bugged
Some characters can't pick it, if they've done rudolph.
Some others can pick both, but the npcs ( racoons ) eat the items indefinetly and do no yield any reward
Some npcs dont have interaction with your character.
Some can advance through the quest but get stuck while trying to advance with the Hooray team leader.

Just wondering if this quest will be fixed, an estimate time would be very helpful
Thank you.

#2 xracex

xracex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Is there any moe information on this quest?
Since from what everyone has been saying and checking out on the quest... it is badly bugged
Some characters can't pick it, if they've done rudolph.
Some others can pick both, but the npcs ( racoons ) eat the items indefinetly and do no yield any reward
Some npcs dont have interaction with your character.
Some can advance through the quest but get stuck while trying to advance with the Hooray team leader.

Just wondering if this quest will be fixed, an estimate time would be very helpful
Thank you.

To clear up the issue between 8~ of my own characters and many friends trying, nobody gets a quest from it...period. Its not 50-50, its everyone. there is absolutely no quest log for it regardless of what you do. Not doing the santa quest has no influence on it. You can progress almost up to the end without hitting a hitch but there's no quest tracker up to that point.

Edited by xracex, 22 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#3 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

To clear up the issue between 8~ of my own characters and many friends trying, nobody gets a quest from it...period. Its not 50-50, its everyone. there is absolutely no quest log for it regardless of what you do. Not doing the santa quest has no influence on it. You can progress almost up to the end without hitting a hitch but there's no quest tracker up to that point.

That's weird since i was sure iwasn't the only one...i mean on one of my chars i was not able to grab the quest for racoon's i tried to just as soon as i finished the santa one..then i switched to an alt and i was able to grab it and progress until the hooray leader. And it DID have a questlog for it..

#4 xracex

xracex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Do you still have the quest log for it? Everyone whos said that cant seem to find it :( Even had the same people log over to alts trying to take it to get a quest log and it isn't happening. I would like to see it.

#5 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Do you still have the quest log for it? Everyone whos said that cant seem to find it :( Even had the same people log over to alts trying to take it to get a quest log and it isn't happening. I would like to see it.

Posted Image

#6 Artamie

Artamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Whoa! That's unexpected, I didn't have a quest log for mine either. The mystery runs deep...

:p_sick:

#7 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Whoa! That's unexpected, I didn't have a quest log for mine either. The mystery runs deep...

:p_sick:

I wonder if we can get any info on when will it be fixed xD we all really want the polar bear cap :C

#8 xracex

xracex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Red fabric is the santa quest, not the raccoon quest...the raccoon quest involves the drops from the raccoon's.(or so i believe)

#9 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Red fabric is the santa quest, not the raccoon quest...the raccoon quest involves the drops from the raccoon's.(or so i believe)

It does say..racoon team quest..read the top of it
I dont even have the santa quest in that char..

It is from and for the racoons.

#10 xracex

xracex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

That makes me wonder if this quest is the right one then? its from that xmas thread and it doesn't involve the red cloth or the team member, only the captain.

"1. Talk to the Shopkeeper and she will ask for Stolen Candies, Stolen Cookies, and Bag of Selling Goods (10 of each in pRO's case).
2. After bringing her the items above, talk to the Raccoon Hooray Clerk.
3. The Raccoon Hooray clerk will ask you to go talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain in Prontera.
4. Go to Prontera and talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain. The Captain will ask for some Christmas Cookies. (I think the Captain said to bring him at least 50, so that's what i did).
5. After bringing the Captain his cookies, he will still ask you to get some more. In this case, refuse his request and choose the option to "get my reward".
6. Talk to the Captain again. This time, he will request for you to bring him 5 of his Racoon family members who are located in Lutie.
7. Go to Lutie and find these 5 raccoons. Each of these raccoons will ask for something. It could either be a Stolen Candy, Stolen Cookie, or Christmas Cookie. See Artamie's post above for reference.
- If you want the Polar Bear Cap Costume, talk to Raccoon #s 2, 5, 12, 20, 25 in that order.
- If you want the regular Polar Bear Cap headgear, talk to Raccoon #s 1, 2, 5, 15, 25 in that order.
8. After talking to the 5 Raccoons that you chose, go back to the Captain in Prontera to get your reward."

Can i ask where you started that quest? i want to try my hand at seeing if i can get that.

Edited by xracex, 22 December 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#11 Chara

Chara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

:mellow:

Edited by Chara, 27 March 2023 - 05:58 AM.

#12 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

That makes me wonder if this quest is the right one then? its from that xmas thread and it doesn't involve the red cloth or the team member, only the captain.

Can i ask where you started that quest? i want to try my hand at seeing if i can get that.

Funny thing is, i followed the same quest you just quoted..
That's why i couldn't go further than the hooray leader.. i was wondering if he would take the same red clothing pieces or if the raccoons were supposed to drop a differente one

#13 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image

Uhh. Isn't that last years christmas quest? Cuz we were supposed to rebuild their sock last year with fabric.

Edit: Confirmed. That's last years quest... lol http://irowiki.org/w...Christmas_Event

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 22 December 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#14 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Uhh. Isn't that last years christmas quest? Cuz we were supposed to rebuild their sock last year with fabric.

Edit: Confirmed. That's last years quest... lol http://irowiki.org/w...Christmas_Event

Shouldn't be unless im mistake since again i had no quests on that char

#15 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

The description of it and everything mentions last years quest. It has the correct npc name for last year and the correct item requirement. Step 3 last year was: Take the 10 Piece of Red Fabric back to Quercus. That's exactly what your quest window says.

#16 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

The description of it and everything mentions last years quest. It has the correct npc name for last year and the correct item requirement. Step 3 last year was: Take the 10 Piece of Red Fabric back to Quercus. That's exactly what your quest window says.

You're right tho, sorry for the confusion but..doesnt explain still why i saw it progress or thought to see it progress before having to go to the hooray leader

Thanks for clarifying it Kritical.

Guess there is no way to obtain a quest log of the current bugged quest.

#17 NightGaunt

NightGaunt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDoko made mo
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

wait.... so theres possibility to get rudolf hairband? *wishful thinkin* :rice:

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

not rudolph hairband... rudolph santa hat... kinda the same but instead of needing carrots it needs piece of cake or well baked cookies... but the healing amount is pretty close to the same

#19 NightGaunt

NightGaunt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDoko made mo
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

not rudolph hairband... rudolph santa hat... kinda the same but instead of needing carrots it needs piece of cake or well baked cookies... but the healing amount is pretty close to the same

i know this year reward is rudolf santa... but my wishful thinking refer to how orphel manage to get previous year quest log instead

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

according to the reply to my ticket i sent in about this quest the reward IS the rudolph hairband...

#21 Chara

Chara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

:mellow:

Edited by Chara, 27 March 2023 - 06:00 AM.

#22 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

i know this year reward is rudolf santa... but my wishful thinking refer to how orphel manage to get previous year quest log instead

I could say it was a bug..but it most likely is me forgetting that i had last year's quest log still :/ sorry for the big confusion

#23 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

of course they gave me a solution to the whole quest step by step... unfortunately is LAST YEARS QUEST... and then they referred me to this post for some reason...

#24 orphels

orphels

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

of course they gave me a solution to the whole quest step by step... unfortunately is LAST YEARS QUEST... and then they referred me to this post for some reason...

You are kidding right? O_O

#25 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Is the Polar Bear Hat / Costume worth all this trouble? What does it even do? I only ask because I very much despise doing quest in this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users