11 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

This is the continuation of the Crafted Items of the old forum: if someone wish to add a comment or suggestion related to the old thread, it is welcome.

I will start with a small add to my old suggestions and maybe later i will add more stuffs.

Personalized Reinforcement

It could be nice if there were a crafting option in wich we can select wich stats are upgraded when reinforce the items. Ofc, it would follow some rules, some stats wouldnt be able to be selected for some of the items, and we couldnt select more stats than the normal that come with that item: for example, if that item only upgrade 1 stat when reinforce, then it shouldnt be able to rise more than one stat: this apply mostly to raid items that come with many stats.

It also could be interesting if this would apply to enchants too, that way if someone enchant an item with a stat that wasnt there, they can rise that stat when reinforce instead of another.

With this, the players would have as many options to personalize their items as one could imagine. Classes that dont have their own sets, would be able to build their chars gear as they want. And the most important, they would be able to do it without the need to add countless items to the drop table.

Re-name Items

I have another small idea, that could be nice at least for weapons:

What if after all the process that were suggested before (in the old forum), after change and add the stats, change shape and color, we were able to Re-name the weapon? It could work like this: the weapon would stay with the original name as secondary name and the new name, given by the player, would stay as the main name. This would be the perfect final step to make really unique items, using the Crafting system.

Edited by Nadesh, 05 December 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#2 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

It also could be interesting if this would apply to enchants too, that way if someone enchant an item with a stat that wasnt there, they can rise that stat when reinforce instead of another.

this is such an amazing idea!

example.

a shadow runner wants more physical damage from a reinforced ring but they sure as hell dont need str so they enchant it with a dex xeon and pik that one as the reinforcement stat! omg this is exactly what so many classes need! this idea alone would give half the classes the armors they need and u could tailor every piece of equipment to what u want. ofc some things u wouldnt wanna screw up like lab id but for everything else ingame it fixes so many things!

Edited by sonemere, 12 October 2010 - 08:53 AM.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

Yes, i think that could be nice, and again, if is done with some rules: for example, it wouldnt work if the a reinforced jewel, armor or ornament is enchanted with a property dmg xeon, since the reinforce alredy rise the magic dmg in the reinforced jewels, and probably shouldnt rise in the armor. But maybe it could be nice if it rise in jewels that arnt reinforced: that way it could make normal jewles and raid jewels more useful.

#4 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

Yes, i think that could be nice, and again, if is done with some rules: for example, it wouldnt work if the a reinforced jewel, armor or ornament is enchanted with a property dmg xeon, since the reinforce alredy rise the magic dmg in the reinforced jewels, and probably shouldnt rise in the armor. But maybe it could be nice if it rise in jewels that arnt reinforced: that way it could make normal jewles and raid jewels more useful.

that fixes even more stuff lol. raid jewels having a use O.o is that the end of esthergia OO

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

Also:

"Reinforcement: the items should have a little star or something like that marking wich stats grow when we reinforce them. This way the players could know if the item is good for them without the need of place them in the Reinforcement Blacksmith. This could make things easier in the Auctiner too."

With this, the Personalized Reinforcement Craft option would be complete. The marked stats would be the ones that rise when reinforce, and the stats that rise when reinforce can be changed in the Craft Blacksmith.

#6 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

Always Nadesh with awesome ideas. Sadly I think all your ideas ( and your collection of other ppls ideas :P)are a dream. The devs have proven that they do not have what it takes to make a good game. They can't fix a damn bug (stealth bug), why would we expect them to do something like this?

Nice idea like always. Approved -_-

Edited by Overlord666, 16 October 2010 - 07:44 AM.

#7 blackninja

blackninja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Server:none playing Oblivion :)

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

Approved +1 :p_devil:

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have another small idea, that could be nice at least for weapons:

What if after all the process that were suggested before (in the old forum), after change and add the stats, change shape and color, we were able to Re-name the weapon? It could work like this: the weapon would stay with the original name as secondary name and the new name, given by the player, would stay as the main name. This would be the perfect final step to make really unique items, using the Crafting system.

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:39 AM

A few more things about Reshape (see more here: Crafted Items (old forum))

The first thing is that the Reshape process could also work over shields and weapons. In all the cases the player could pick between the available shapes that alredy have in game: from the lower lvl shapes to the higher lvl ones. They could put requierements to unlock some of the shapes and the prices could go from small ones to high ones, and some of the higher lvl shapes could even need pvp points to be picked.

Another thing, to let them make money. Maybe it could be special shapes that could be used only by buying a specific item from the mall or with a mall poin cost directily from the Crafting Blacksmith. For example, one could pick the shape of the Disgust Hunter's shootgun for their launcher.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

Re-name Items

Also, the new name could be given by using a mall item designed for that.

#11 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

The Idea is great, but as allways it has is pros and cons

Some classes will finally have equipment that fits the class( example con armor for druids doomguard)
In other cases it could make some items very OP, for example Secret Lab ID set. If you can pick 6 stats to be plussed and enchants counts as picks it will probably become the ultimate jewelry (sure id love to have a set that pluses con, mind, magic, dmg, scad, skill crit and int but that would be trully OP). On the other hand secret lab sets (other than ID) will finally became completly useless (yes, even more than now) since you can have all your reinforced jewels pluss the stat you want.
Ohh and why raid DC or LW?? Since you can pick the stat you want the higher lvl item will allways be the best and all ppl will look for the same weapons and armors.

I think it could be better to only allow ppl to change 1 of the stats, the one they like, but 1, that ways if you want a wand that plusses skill crit and scad at least 1 of those have to get higher in reinforce in the original weapon. Still probably ppl will allways pick the same stats to pluss but well, we end up chosing the same stats anyways XD

The idea of picking models is one of the best too, i refuce to use any 79 in my turans!!!!! XD
Give male turans a decent looking armor or costume!!! I want my manly males to dress as a playboy bunny!!!

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

Maybe the idea to reinforce the enchanted stats that werent present in the original item, would be too much. But for the rest it wouldnt be op at all, since one only could pick the same amount of stats that would normaly rise. For example, if an item rise 2 stats, then those could be changes but would still be able to rise 2 stats and no more than that. If the option to pick the stat that rise in each reinforce stage was applied, it also wouldnt be oped, because if one item have 6 stats (just an example) and one rotate between them, at the +30 each stat would rise by 5 instead of one with 30, or will have 2 with 15 instead of one with 30.

Pluss, the personalized reinforce would follow specific rules, even if one could pick the enchanted stats.

Still, is true that it probably would make the lower lvl raid items less useful. But all is about how easy or hard is to make such items.

All this suggestions were made quite before we had the lvl 79 items with their "crafting" jewels that let the armors change stats. In some way, that system have some points in common with some of the things suggested here and in the old crafting suggestion. One is able to switch the main stat that will be also able to be reinforced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users