Solved : Settings setup.exe not loading. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Solved : Settings setup.exe not loading.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ok, This is what I did to solve my problem. The setup.exe file is still flawed so this is the only way I can play around with my settings.

1] I noticed that OptionInfo.lua did not exist in my /savedata folder . So I created this file .

2] Then using notepad I typed this stuff in. I knew about this since I am not new to RO. This is however very manual and a working setup.exe would still be nice. Certain values can be adjusted in game like Volume. You can remove mouse freedom by renaming dinput.dll as _dinput.dll and making MouseExclusive = 1 as shown below. However, do note for some strange reason (known issue) - The client keeps adding the settings in the optionsinfo.lua after everytime the client closes. Hence, the size of the file goes up by 1 kb . This will keep happening and the file will grow on to become a large file slowing the system eventually. So , every few days feel free to open the file using notepad and erase the current contents and post this text in.
=======================================================

OptionInfoList["Bgm_Volume"] = 0
OptionInfoList["Effect_Volume"] = 0
OptionInfoList["MouseExclusive"] = 1
OptionInfoList["ISFULLSCREENMODE"] = 0
OptionInfoList["WIDTH"] = 800
OptionInfoList["HEIGHT"] = 600
OptionInfoList["BITPERPIXEL"] = 16
OptionInfoList["DEVICECNT"] = 0
OptionInfoList["MODECNT"] = 7
OptionInfoList["SPRITEMODE"] = 2
OptionInfoList["TEXTUREMODE"] = 2

CmdOnOffList["/bgm"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/sound"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/notrade"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/noshift"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/noctrl"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/skillfail"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/notalkmsg"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/notalkmsg2"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/showname"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/fog"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/aura"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/window"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/miss"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/effect"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/shopping"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/stateinfo"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/loginout"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/snap"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/itemsnap"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/camera"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/hoai"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/merai"] = 0
CmdOnOffList["/lightmap"] = 0

=============================================================================

I can run the classic setup.exe fine but not the Renewal setup.exe which is a blue ghostring iconed *.exe.

I want to increase my screen resolution from 640 x 480 to 800x 600x 16 . Is there any other way without using setup.exe ? The small resolution is annoying to deal with.

PS tried :
1] Running setup.exe under different compatibility modes (95,98,2000)
2] To modify the same using windows Registry Keys for Width and Height.

Edited by Xord, 30 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hello Xord,

can you please specify what you mean with "not loading"?

Does the exe simply not open, even though you run it, or does it give you an error message of any sort? Does the exe work, but the settings you change just don't carry over?

Greetings
Ascend

#3 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Gives me an error "The application failied to initialize 0xc000000142."

Running Windows XP SP 3. Tried to run Settings under different compatibility settings as well but did not help. (reading from threads with similar problems)
Setup_Classic however works fine and I can change the resolution of the classical Client but I am stuck with a 640X480 renewal client.

Tried checking the registry values for Height and Width and found that it only has keys for the Classic client and the keys for Renewal client do not exist. I did not have this problem before. However, I uninstalled iRO a year back and recently re-installed it. After updates there was a classic and renewal client. First time for me as when I last played Classical client did not exist. And I could not run setup.exe - If I take the file outside the folder - I can run it but that doesnt save the settings. If I try to run it inside the folder - It gives me that error.

#4 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hello Xord,

sadly I am not familiar with the issue you have described so far, so you will have to wait for DrAzzy who is many times more knowledgeable in this whole subject than me.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings
Ascend

#5 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

The Renewal client stores its configuration in either the file data\OptionInfo.lua or savedata\OptionInfo.lua. I say "either" because the last time I checked, the client wrote its configuration to one file while reading it from the other. -_-

#6 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Axylus , I just found this a while back too. While checking the folders I found that optioninfo.lua was missing from my savedata - Its savedata for renewal client and Data for classic I believe. I had to make this file and paste the settings manually in. I found the settings on the www from someone who had posted the contents of the said file.

Edited by Xord, 30 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users