CPU Temperature - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

CPU Temperature

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I had PC crashing problems and figured out that whenever I run from CPU usage [multi-task] 80~100% my temperature rises to 40+ degree C plus my new GPU needs higher voltage PSU and my system shuts down, so I bought a new PSU 520v and upgraded my RAM from 2G>4B cleaned up my CPU and re applied temperature paste then mounted a new fan cooler. Now my PC stop crashing and monitoring it with Core Temp and running stable even on 100% CPU usage and 20~39 degree C temperature.

What I wana ask now is when you're running RO or multi clients+vent/RC+browsers, how much is your CPU usage/RAM size/temperature, because I am also trying figure out how to run my machine in good status by also knowing what other ppl's and taking notes of this for my future upgrading.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 31 December 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I can run 6 RO clients on my Phenom II 6-core processor clocked at 3.2ghz.

I've got 16GB of ram, with 12GB available for programs (The other 4 a RAMdrive that I use for windows temp file space, because I kept having problems with several non-RO related programs creating large temporary files in the windows temp locations, such that they'd fill up the harddrive (a small SSD) - and windows doesn't deal gracefully with running out of hdd space. So i directed the temp files to the RAM drive. I also use it for repacking GRFs, since it's faster, but that's sort of overkill, since I already have a lightning fast solid state drive).

CPU temp is around 60 C Hotter than i'd like, for sure, but it's rock-solid stable, and within spec (barely). GPU is around the same temp, well within spec as well.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users