Installing Issues - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Installing Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deyk2407

Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

I downloaded the client hosted in the iRO wiki, because I couldn't download it from the warp portal page, since it keep telling me that there was an "network error", so I download it without apparently any problem from the iRO wiki page, but when I started the intalling it showed me this error:

"the cabinet file 'media1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package."

I've tried to download the game 4 times, and it keeps showing me the same error, I'm totally sure that there hasn't been any downloading interruption, and I tried to install it twice from Chrome, one time from iExplorer, and one time from Mozilla firefox, I'm desperated, please help :(... I'm using windows 7 Ultimate x86, btw, Thanks for the help and sorry for my english :)

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

It is most likely that your downloads are getting interrupted or otherwise corrupted.
Check the size of the downloaded file and make sure it's around 1.6 GB (if someone could post exact size that the installers should be, that would be great).

You can also try using the incremental download: http://www.mediafire.../?gpe5rgl13jcbw

Finally, it is possible (but unlikely) that there's something dreadful wrong with microsoft installer (msi) on your system, which would result in similar errors when installing from a .msi file. Do other known-working .msi installers fail with same error?

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 January 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Check the size of the downloaded file and make sure it's around 1.6 GB (if someone could post exact size that the installers should be, that would be great).

Names: iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi (official), iRO141FullClient.msi (iRO Wiki)
Size (bytes): 1,721,061,376
Hash (MD5): BF115578D107C44AA6C0E05A4A8AF864
Hash (SHA-1): 1D59C0F7E1B03B08E7B11F727CFFAD043553AD46

Edited by Axylus, 02 January 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#4 Deyk2407

Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yep, my installer is exactly 1,721,061,376 bytes :( I don't see anything wrong with it.
Also, I've recently installed games from .msi files without any problem (I installed MapleStory from its .msi file yesterday, wich is about the same size as Ragnarok), so i don't think it's a problem with .msi, I'm about to give up.

#5 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

The copy of the installer hosted on iRO Wiki does seem to be corrupted. :o I've notified the iRO Wiki staff.

I've also created a delta ("patch") that you can use to make your copy of the installer coherent (not corrupted). To apply the delta:

• Download the delta file.
  • Download xdelta (32-bit, 64-bit).
  • Open Command Prompt.
  • Enter "cd "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop"" (including the inner pair of quotation marks).
  • Drag the file xdelta3-3.0.5-x86-64.exe or xdelta3-3.0.4-x86-32.exe onto the Command Prompt window.
  • Type " -s " (including the spaces).
  • Drag the file iRO141FullClient.msi onto the window.
  • Type a space.
  • Drag the file delta onto the window.
  • Type " output.msi" (including the space).
  • Press enter.

The final command line should resemble the following:

"C:\Users\Richard\Downloads\xdelta3-3.0.5-x86-64.exe" -s "C:\Users\Richard\Downloads\iRO141FullClient.msi" "C:\Users\Richard\Downloads\delta" output.msi

You should be able to install the client by opening the file output.msi, which will be located on your desktop.

Edited by Axylus, 02 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#6 Deyk2407

Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for your help :)

I did every step, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/ELDNS

My command line is exactly as yours, but when i double clic the "output.msi" in my desktop it says something like (it's in spanish) "The installation package could not be opened, check if the package is a valid windows installer"

Edited by Deyk2407, 02 January 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for your help :)

I did every step, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/ELDNS

My command line is exactly as yours, but when i double clic the "output.msi" in my desktop it says something like (it's in spanish) "The installation package could not be opened, check if the package is a valid windows installer"

Oh, that's strange. Perhaps the corruption in your copy of the file is in a different location to the corruption in my copy.

I'm afraid you'll have to download the installer again. I recommend that you download the multi-part version of the installer, which I know for certain isn't corrupted.

#8 Deyk2407

Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yes, I had to download the multipart, I don't know why I didn't before -.-, after a few more problems, I'm finally playing, thanks a lot for the effort dude, you're the best :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users