Character Missing and Problems with Creating new Character - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Character Missing and Problems with Creating new Character

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RustyUsagi

RustyUsagi

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hi there,

I am new here and it's my first time playing Ragnarok, and after looking around in this section of the forums, I couldn't find any topics that helped me so I had to resort to posting :wah:

I just created a character today (IGN: Impel) and played for a few hours before closing the game, and approximately half an hour later, I couldn't find it anywhere after I relogged in. (I tried to find it in both ClassicRO.exe and Ragnarok.exe)

I thought that it might have been deleted by mistake so I tried to create another character in the same slot but no matter what name I used, the server told me that the name is already taken (I even resorted to randomly typing keys but no avail).

However, I was able to create another character in another slot, but it appeared to be a nameless blacksmith at level 9, already equipped with gear such as a goggles-like headgear. I tried deleting it but the game just gave me the "please wait" message.

I have tried this method: http://forums.warppo...pty-fix-inside/
After it failed I even tried reinstalling it, to no avail.

Please help! D: can't seem to play.. :sob:

#2 Melusino

Melusino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTalca, Chile

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

this happen to me too, i cant play in classic :C

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hi there,

I am new here and it's my first time playing Ragnarok, and after looking around in this section of the forums, I couldn't find any topics that helped me so I had to resort to posting :wah:

I just created a character today (IGN: Impel) and played for a few hours before closing the game, and approximately half an hour later, I couldn't find it anywhere after I relogged in. (I tried to find it in both ClassicRO.exe and Ragnarok.exe)

I thought that it might have been deleted by mistake so I tried to create another character in the same slot but no matter what name I used, the server told me that the name is already taken (I even resorted to randomly typing keys but no avail).

However, I was able to create another character in another slot, but it appeared to be a nameless blacksmith at level 9, already equipped with gear such as a goggles-like headgear. I tried deleting it but the game just gave me the "please wait" message.

I have tried this method: http://forums.warppo...pty-fix-inside/
After it failed I even tried reinstalling it, to no avail.

Please help! D: can't seem to play.. :sob:

You're trying to play on the Renewal server right? If so, this is the issue described in that thread you linked - you need to make your client properly update.

After you replaced patch.inf while following those instructions, did the client start patching from november next time you ran it?
Did you run it as admin?
Did you close all clients first?
Is the RO executable (ragexe.exe) read only for some reason?
What version of windows are you using?

this happen to me too, i cant play in classic :C

This is a Renewal-specific problem, you have a different problem I think.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#4 Melusino

Melusino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTalca, Chile

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

i created a new char in classic server and after that the blacksmith called "J" appear in the slot of my char, after that server disconect,
when i reconnect character was missing, but when i try to login with the same account in renewal server the character appear.. but i want it in classic nor in renewal

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

i created a new char in classic server and after that the blacksmith called "J" appear in the slot of my char, after that server disconect,
when i reconnect character was missing, but when i try to login with the same account in renewal server the character appear.. but i want it in classic nor in renewal

Are you using the right client?

You must use the classic client to access client, and renewal client to access renewal.

Doing otherwise will fail, and occasionally cause bizzaro issues, like the one you reported.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 January 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#6 Melusino

Melusino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTalca, Chile

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

hmm i am using the "classicRo.exe" to try to connect to the classic server, or I should download another client?

#7 RustyUsagi

RustyUsagi

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

You're trying to play on the Renewal server right? If so, this is the issue described in that thread you linked - you need to make your client properly update.

After you replaced patch.inf while following those instructions, did the client start patching from november next time you ran it?
Did you run it as admin?
Did you close all clients first?
Is the RO executable (ragexe.exe) read only for some reason?
What version of windows are you using?

This is a Renewal-specific problem, you have a different problem I think.

Thanks so much! I kept getting errors when I followed the instructions despite reinstalling, but after reinstalling the third time it finally worked!
:D thanks!

#8 Melusino

Melusino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTalca, Chile

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

so i have to reinstall too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users