A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops - Page 3 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#51 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

O____________O

AB's sure have changed in the past year and a half but I can say one thing...

You should not get any agi if you are an FS AB that is NOT focused on woe. AKA for those out there who just want to lvl/do et/mvp support. Cause it just aint worth it:( Why?

(now remember this is not for woe)

more int: increase max sp, increase heal, increase your endurance in support
more vit: survivability, that is all:|
more dex: increase cast time of party buffs/KE (which can save your damn life@@) if however you choose to get lower dex 50ish is a good level otherwise get 80+. if you get 50 you HAVE to get sacrament unless you want to be staring at cast bar's all day erry day~
more luk: SO MANY MORE STAT RESIST THAN AGI! it's like this hidden "everything" stat!

more agi: flee (ok) aspd (we aren't here for battle...yet...) defence (you have vit for that...)

As for bleed...you will RARELY bleed as a low level AB. Why? Because most low level monsters dont cast bleed and if on the odd chance they do just remember not to tank and bring a cure free. You'll usually encounter it in mid ti or ET. Once your higher level you should have already gotten clearance which at lvl 1 will still deal with bleeding better than agi does in the long run.

#52 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

I feel like if you were a non WoE AB, you shouldn't get 100 total agi. Anytime you do high TI's or serious ET, you should always have a sorc around to dispel, or have clearance to get rid of it. I'd rather have some more dex or int so I can cast faster/heal better, but I guess that's just my preference. Even with 60 agi, bleed doesn't happen too often, and when it does it doesn't last very long.

Also any FS AB would be crazy to no get mediatato! Slow poison is a completely silly skill to waste points on. There's plenty of ways to cure poison, and it isn't a bad enough status that you would even be asked to use that on somebody with it. Also, it's not extremely important to get higher than clearance 1. The chance is still pretty good, although the CD on it is a bit frustrating when it doesn't work the first time. I'd rather take the points from that and throw them into Praef or getting level 1 or 2 silentium, as that can be rather helpful at times.

Edited by foxySox, 09 April 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#53 wingeduser

wingeduser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Do you need to max Epiclesis or is level 1 enough?
Most of the time, Epiclesis isn't used that's why prerequisite level is enough. However, in which cases is Epiclesis level 5 useful?

I'm torn between maxing the laudas or maxing epiclesis...

#54 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Probably depends if you are PVM / MVP or WoE. Epiclesis is a great buff for DB RKs with the increased HP. However, genetics can kill ghosts now with the cart cannon patch change...

Higher Laudas give higher level success rate. Also if you are a HARDCORE brewer/potter and already have completely maxed out potter gears, you get a little extra luk with higher lauda. I only know ONE person crazy enough to get high lvl laudas for this reason.

Eucharista gives % resist to demon race / shadow element too and is kind of nice as it stacks with other % reduction gear.

#55 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

I have max laudas on my AB, but I use her for WoE. Honestly I rarely ever use Epiclesis. Hardly ever in TI's because parties constantly move. I could see how you could use it to give RK's more HP for DB, but I personally have never done that.

#56 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Do you need to max Epiclesis or is level 1 enough?
Most of the time, Epiclesis isn't used that's why prerequisite level is enough. However, in which cases is Epiclesis level 5 useful?

I'm torn between maxing the laudas or maxing epiclesis...

The places to use epiclesis in general are a little tight. It's most usefull OUTSIDE of TI's (unless you;re camping) but it really depends on your party and how willing they are to sit still for 30 seconds. Usually, if you cast epiclesis you'll see a huge rush of people towards you like you just casted strings or something so it's not like it's unwanted. It's useful alright, but most people don't know how useful it really is since yeah, most people get lvl 1 and go "meh" and forgo lvl 5 but at it allows my 120int, max meditatio AB to heal almost 100% SP including the 30% needed to remake the ancilla used to cast the skill. For other's it heals a base 40% sp for its duration and if you're sitting with mag it's easily over 50% which in 30seconds is pretty worth it~

This is how I look at it:

As an FS AB, outside of sacrament you have 15 points with the following skills to obtain or max:

High Heal -- 4 points to max
Epiclesis -- aka 'epic tree' 4 points to max

Its most useful at level 5

Clearance -- 5 points to obtain, 9 points to max

Pre-req - Lauda ramus2, Lauda agnus2 which are the party cure and stat recovery +vit and +luk boost respectively

lvl 1 is 65% sucess rate up to 100% at lvl 5.

I have a friend who uses this at lvl 5 and it's WONDERFUL but depends how willing you are to spend the points

Lauda Agnus - 1 point to obtain, 4 points to max
Lauda Ramus- 3 points to obtain, 8 points to max
Silentium -- 6 points to obtain, 11 points to max

Pre-req - Lauda ramus2, Lauda agnus2, Clearance1

level one is not bad since its a 9x9 aoe already with 100% base success rate (reduction by stats) any higher and it may be a bit to costly skill point wise since it has a 15 second cool down

Praefatio -- 5 points to max'

HEAVY cool down at max lvl and you cant select what level to cast at so it'll always be a 40 second cool down at lvl 10.

I'd say most people would get lvl 5 high heal so that leaves you with 11 points. What i suggest is Clearance lvl 1(min) and Epiclesis 5. Clearance will help you become a mini sorc allowing you to get rid of bleeding (and in a party, frenzy, mental strength etc.) while Epiclesis is a really good 30 second SP charger. Epiclesis 5 as I said is a pretty good sp charger if you dont have a sorc. It's most useful in camped parties or ET and other instances.

The rest really depends on your play style, I chose to get max Lauda Ramus since the silence sleep and stun recovery is very useful and at max lvl 4 gives +8 luk which is good if your helping someone brew pots or runes but I think i'm going to switch it to get higher level clearance because I use it to much~

If you choose not to get epiclesis and think it's not your style then look at what you're encountering.
Always getting status effects? Lauda's
Always Bleeding? Clearance
Too much skills spam killing you? Silentium

Edited by Quazera, 11 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#57 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Just some notes that i think should be covered.

The guide should be rewritten since the skill rebalance patch went in last year and many of the details on skills are wrong.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=96193

Getting agi for just status immunity for a PVM Arch bishop is a joke. Luk at 100 is also a joke.

Agi: Status immunity and Flee: You get resistance to Bleeding and Sleep. PVM bleeding doesnt come up that much and if it does, Cure free or Ungoliant card. Flee, If you have flee and your trying to tank with that flee I'm sorry.
Luk: Lets see what 100 luck gets you at the cost of 359 stat points. (Enough to take a stat from 100 to ~117) 33 Magic attack, Immunity to curse, 10 perfect doge. Place that against int from 100 to 117 and you get 25 Magic attack 17% more maximum sp, 17% more effectiveness on sp restoration items (Blue pots and the like) and a slightly decreased casting time.

The thing though that I personally am amazed about is the lack if a decent dex. Yes the difference between 80 and 100 is ~8% casting time and the difference between 100 and 120 is ~5% casting time however most of the skills you are going to be casting in the middle of the moment are going to have no fixed cast time. (HighHeal, Kyrie, Mag, Colluseo Heal, Assumptio). I cant think of a single skill I would not want ~8% or ~13% faster casting on.

#58 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm up to my eyeballs in finals right now, but I'll rework the guide this summer. I personally don't find AGI or LUK a waste in PvM, since I believe in damage and status effect mitigation, but I will do some testing on Sakray and provide alternate builds that do not incorporate those stats. I will also provide alternate skill spreads that do not incorporate Slow Poison (I personally took it because I have partied with many an ill-prepared squishy that didn't think Green Potions were necessary).

To those of you walking the path of full support, good luck!

#59 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

100 Luk is not necessary, but 77 Luk is a must-have if there are any plans for using Arc Angeling carded gears.

Agi on an AB is not wasted if
1) there are stat points left for getting Agi
2) Bleeding immunity/resistance without losing a headgear slot for an Ungoliant carded headgear is sought after and/or if Bleeding duration should be shortened
3) the animation delay from casting should be as low as possible (high ASPD in Strings)
4) there is a need for resistance against Masquerade (WoE)

I have 7x base Agi (~100 total with buffs) on my ABs with 77 Luk, ~100 Int, ~100 Vit, 80 or so Dex - it works very well without limiting my performance at all.
What people will choose for their ABs (no Agi but high Dex/Int or Agi and ~100 Int/Dex) is a question of personal preference. For some, any Agi on an AB is a joke, for others Int close to 120 is a joke - in the end people have to decide for themselves how to tweak their stat build and what works best for them.

Edited by MeisterKirisaki, 01 May 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#60 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

I agree with MeisterKirisaki in that getting certain stats is a matter of preference, but it's amazing how many people opt not to go for status immunity ... and then never carry proper equipment to protect themselves from that status.

AGI on a PVM AB is not a waste, imo. Especially if it's for MVP'ing. I can't count the number of times I've had to save other ABs under Sleeping or had to do their job for them because they had no SP from Bleeding.

If someone is a serious PVM/MVP FS AB and believes they will be alert and ready for impromptu gear switching(or will always be carrying what they need 100% of the time), then by all means go for it.

#61 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Decrease agi is also a very useful skill to get (1 lvl only really) if you do PvP/WoE as it not only negates movement speed buffs, but actually decreases their movement speed. It is a pretty underestimated skill considering how useful it can be in some situations.

#62 SaritaSS

SaritaSS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

96 agi sound good for fs priest with:

100 int
77 luk
95 vit
70ish dex

my build sound ok?

Edited by SaritaSS, 12 May 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#63 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

96 agi sound good for fs priest with:

100 int
77 luk
95 vit
70ish dex

my build sound ok?

Looks fine, if you want to prioritize having a shorter cast time over avoiding bad status effects. Which is perfectly valid, don't get me wrong! Actually if that's your goal, you can get over 70 DEX by the time you reach 160 (if those extra 10 levels have been implemented already, I'm still a bit out of the loop from finals). In fact, according to the iRO Wiki's stat calculator at 160 you can get up to 100 base DEX, 100 INT, 77 LUK, 96 AGI, and 95 VIT, and still have 16 stat points left over to assign where you wish!

#64 K1D4

K1D4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Well, I agree they are a vital part of a party or whatever.

#65 Bunnieh

Bunnieh

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Can i just ask as a full-support where can i level after level 99?

#66 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

^ FS priests are always needed at Turn In maps. there's really a shortage of them depending on what time you go. it'll be very easy for you to find parties. just do the Gramps quest or grind there with shared parties.

#67 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

4 skill points in slow poison is a waste :|

#68 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

4 skill points in slow poison is a waste :|

it is. i've stated that before aswell. there's alot of let's say... sub-optimal suggestions in this guide, but oh well - can't have it all i guess.

#69 freeagent

freeagent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

has anyone else encountered a problem with clearence NOT erasing the Bleed status? o.0 

#70 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

has anyone else encountered a problem with clearence NOT erasing the Bleed status? o.0

Depending on your level of Clearance, it doesn't always work 100%. Sometimes you have to use it more than once for it to work.

Unless of course you mean it took away all of your buffs/debuffs/status ailments other than bleeding, which I've never had happen.

#71 Skarlett

Skarlett

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

^ I know what Rad means. :v

Once I buffed myself up again, just to test that out and Clearance took all my buffs away and left the Bleeding status. >_>

It doesn't happen often though. Just like once in an annoying while.

#72 Avehn

Avehn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

Can anyone guide me to a full support pure PvM/MvP build? I have a lvl 99 priest and planning to trans it soon. This guy will mostly do leveling parties and supporting low level guildmates and maybe participate in MvP hunts but mostly supporting guildmates in leveling.

#73 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

...?

You are posting... in the guide thread? You're asking for a guide... when the guide is on the first page? Just mind boggling. :hmm:

Also another guide pinned in the main page --> http://forums.warppo...tactics-primer/

#74 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Finally back to play my FS AB again. I see that there are some changes from last I played him (been more than a year). I think my knowledge is a bit rusty. I have some questions about my AB's gears. My current gears are +7 ygg crown, +7 affection set with empowered staff of affection (yeah, I had pretty good luck), AA BFG, WCP, resistant valk shield, n finally mora AB rings (light of cure and ring of AB). But when I check the recommended gears, there is nothing about affection set in the list (or do I miss something?). Has that set become obsolete that they are not even worth mentioning? If so, could you guys gives give me some advices on alternatives gears that becomes current trend? And about this chibi pope thing that ppl keep talking about. Is it actually dominating compared to +9 ygg crown in term of healing effect?

Help a bro out. Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by stygionyx, 25 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#75 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Affection set has never been good. It's not bad for bigger heal numbers, but the slight heal boost is not worth the tradeoff from not having a raydric carded garment, or the extra HP/SP from variants.

Some of the individual pieces are decent however. Robe of Affection itself has holy property, which is like a free angeling card for an AB! Empowered Wand of Affection by itself has decent heal as well.

Chibi Pope + Blush combo is better for healing than Ygg Crown, but by a small minor amount. The real nice part about it is having two slots on top + mid, so you can use two different cards. Some nice cards are AA, ungoliant, KK (for top only), nightmare card, and you can use a combination of these. Pharaoh Card and White Lady card are nice of course if you can afford them, but if you can, you probably wouldn't need advice on how to use them. Mistress Card is probably nice too.

Parus Card when released in the future will give nice heal boosts. I wouldn't recommend using Rhyncho Card in the meantime considering the price tag, and Parus will beat it I believe.

Edited by kasshin, 26 August 2013 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users