Doha's secret orders quest - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Doha's secret orders quest

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LeeRoth

LeeRoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationChihuahua, México
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

I guess the quest is bugged at the step where you need to talk with an elevator, when you talk to it nothing happens... may be im not the only one with this problem...

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I have heard of this issue as well, doesn't seem like you are alone..

#3 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

You're not alone, I also have a ticket open from the last week and still no answer until now and the quest remains bugged... the problem seems to happen in all Dicastes, as you have another elevator in the center building (where you get the pendant) and it also doesn't work (same issue as the doha secret order elevator). :sob:

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yes.

Any quests that left you in a situation where you were being moved to a different map, but instead of being directly teleported, you were left standing where you were, and warped as soon as you moved, are bugged - the client now refuses to try to move, which is what I think is causing the problem. I think this includes the elevator, and it includes the Malaya Hospital quest as well (the point where you can enter via door, but not via talking to the nurse).

#5 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

At least they kept your case open.....I've had two closed for the Bangungot Hospital quest which has never been fixed.

So, I feel your pain. :p_laugh:

#6 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yes.

Any quests that left you in a situation where you were being moved to a different map, but instead of being directly teleported, you were left standing where you were, and warped as soon as you moved, are bugged - the client now refuses to try to move, which is what I think is causing the problem. I think this includes the elevator, and it includes the Malaya Hospital quest as well (the point where you can enter via door, but not via talking to the nurse).

There is one exception to this, but it is still a glitchy instance none the less. In Buwaya, when warped into the treasure chest, you destroy the 'weakness' which should auto-warp, but instead requires you to take the 1 step before the insta warp - This actually works and requires the 1 step each time to warp out.

(Side note there is a 2 second delay between Buwaya's death and the treasure chest warp, meaning you can kill him, then be warped into a trasure chest - destroying your instance and items DCing you) - This has also been filmed and reported

#7 alerit

alerit

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • LocationMèxico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

well, we need fix it soon, hospital and elevator

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

There is one exception to this, but it is still a glitchy instance none the less. In Buwaya, when warped into the treasure chest, you destroy the 'weakness' which should auto-warp, but instead requires you to take the 1 step before the insta warp - This actually works and requires the 1 step each time to warp out.=

This is not expected to be effected by this bug.

Problem is that the client doesn't seem to recognize that the dialog is closed. But where there's no dialog, there's nothing to screw up the client.

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ah, that makes sense actually. Since the game allows for some, but not all functions - chat, moving items but not using them or walking - exactly what can be done with a message window opened

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ah, that makes sense actually. Since the game allows for some, but not all functions - chat, moving items but not using them or walking - exactly what can be done with a message window opened

Yeah. The client recently tightened down what you can do when doing other things.

Not that I said the CLIENT did. Which is incredibly stupid, because the problems this was presumably there to fix involve people who aren't using a legit client anyway.

#11 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

the client now refuses to try to move, which is what I think is causing the problem

This is incorrect. The client can move just fine. The server refuses to let you move, however.

The issue is that the NPC conversation is still open on the server side. In the past this wasn't a problem, but at some point (I think around the time of the balance patch, but I'm not sure) the server was changed to require the conversation to close before certain things could proceed. This is why, for example, compared to Classic you need to press enter an extra time before Kafras will teleport you.

This leads to a bug with NPCs that don't provide a dialog window to close. Before the merge you could take a step--this effectively forced the conversation to end. Now this is no longer possible.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

This is incorrect. The client can move just fine. The server refuses to let you move, however.

The issue is that the NPC conversation is still open on the server side. In the past this wasn't a problem, but at some point (I think around the time of the balance patch, but I'm not sure) the server was changed to require the conversation to close before certain things could proceed. This is why, for example, compared to Classic you need to press enter an extra time before Kafras will teleport you.

This leads to a bug with NPCs that don't provide a dialog window to close. Before the merge you could take a step--this effectively forced the conversation to end. Now this is no longer possible.

Woah.

I thought this was an related to the "any work in progress..." message (which I was shown when I reproduced the issue with hospital door), which I was under the impression was client-side...

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 January 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#13 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Woah.

I thought this was an related to the "any work in progress..." message

It is. The client displays the message in response to "show message at offset 0x783" from the server, which the server generates when you try do things with an NPC dialog open.

#14 LeeRoth

LeeRoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

So, ¿is there another way to get to Scaraba hall 2?

#15 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nope, we're screwed until they decide to fix this. 2 expansion area's unable to be explored by new payers, or old players alts....

#16 LeeRoth

LeeRoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

bump ~

#17 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

The elevator to Pub Burman Flone and the elevator to the Administrative Office are working just fine. Try again.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 09 February 2013 - 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users