10 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteDwarf

WhiteDwarf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

For a class whose secondary job's skills consist almost entirely of pets and pet related skills, the pets.... well they are lacking. Consider this, a tempest casts lightning restraint at lvl 65 on 9 mobs. That spell hits each of those mobs from between 350- 700 4 times in a dungeon where damage is reduced, and believe me I know very well I'm hedging those numbers because gear varies from player to player. Okay perhaps a better example would be a commies 3 aes hitting their max number of targets, not spectacular but still better than a class devoted to dps which is all i see Domis doing really. In pvp their biggest advantage is trap survival. Sure curse resist isn't a top priority but when using 1st job skills to do it, well I'm sure you get by =D.
Simplest thing I can imagine to improve this classes fun factor is to allow other people to buff the pets. Yeah that's right a medium Kazara that can have Bugle of Carnage, Bloodlust, Weapon of God, and Poison Bomb Firing on it. Would its dps become exponentially greater? Yes, yes it would but not overpowered because to achieve that wonderful extra damage you'd have to be partnered up with a Ranger, Tempest, Mystic, Warlord. Imagine that, a reason to bring a Domi to the party, better yet a reason for more than 15 people on a server to actively play this class and add diversity to how content is maneuvered through.
There are ALOT of things in the way between a Domi and being as "OP" as every other class is made out to be. Surely there are things that would provide better results, but will probably involve alot more effort than a dev may be willing to offer. I can only imagine that perhaps changing the permissions on pets to a valid target for receiving a little pick me up from friends would be a feasible request. One that not only enhances a single class but those who share in that classes experience.

#2 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Yes, that would be an improve, good idea. I always think if normal heals should affect the summons or not, sure, dominators have their own pet heal but i dont know if is enough in some cases.

Strengthening Summoned Monster HP: should be a pasive skill that affect all the summons. Sure, as a buff it can be used over other character summons but in that case make it aoe. Or maybe if all the classes that have summons/pets have there wouldnt be a problem with make it pasive.

Strengthening Summoned Monster MP: remove it, and change it for a mastery that increase the pet dmg, defense, resistances, etc, like i suggested in other threads.

Summoned Monster Lesser Heal: make it aoe, and be useful over other players pets (if it isnt).

#4 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

Posted Image

+1

#5 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

For a class whose secondary job's skills consist almost entirely of pets and pet related skills, the pets.... well they are lacking. Consider this, a tempest casts lightning restraint at lvl 65 on 9 mobs. That spell hits each of those mobs from between 350- 700 4 times in a dungeon where damage is reduced, and believe me I know very well I'm hedging those numbers because gear varies from player to player. Okay perhaps a better example would be a commies 3 aes hitting their max number of targets, not spectacular but still better than a class devoted to dps which is all i see Domis doing really. In pvp their biggest advantage is trap survival. Sure curse resist isn't a top priority but when using 1st job skills to do it, well I'm sure you get by =D.
Simplest thing I can imagine to improve this classes fun factor is to allow other people to buff the pets. Yeah that's right a medium Kazara that can have Bugle of Carnage, Bloodlust, Weapon of God, and Poison Bomb Firing on it. Would its dps become exponentially greater? Yes, yes it would but not overpowered because to achieve that wonderful extra damage you'd have to be partnered up with a Ranger, Tempest, Mystic, Warlord. Imagine that, a reason to bring a Domi to the party, better yet a reason for more than 15 people on a server to actively play this class and add diversity to how content is maneuvered through.
There are ALOT of things in the way between a Domi and being as "OP" as every other class is made out to be. Surely there are things that would provide better results, but will probably involve alot more effort than a dev may be willing to offer. I can only imagine that perhaps changing the permissions on pets to a valid target for receiving a little pick me up from friends would be a feasible request. One that not only enhances a single class but those who share in that classes experience.

Gravity does not care, the devs do not care, Good idea though

@Nadesh

the pet buff skills are useless, so useless that you don't see a reason for them. How would MP buff help me when i don't see the pet mana bar moving? How does the HP buff and Healing spell help me when the pets die in 1 -2 hits, even faster in raids?

TBH, I gave up on trying to make suggestions for Domi, devs only like Xenoas (minus the druid) so screw it.

Edited by Overlord666, 13 October 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#6 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

But you guys are getting DNAs to instant summon pets! :lol: :lol: :(

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

@Nadesh

the pet buff skills are useless, so useless that you don't see a reason for them. How would MP buff help me when i don't see the pet mana bar moving? How does the HP buff and Healing spell help me when the pets die in 1 -2 hits, even faster in raids?

I said that they should remove the mp buff, and replace it with a summon mastery that increase the dmg, defense and resistances. And make the hp buff a pasive skill: the summons die fast because probably have low resistances, defense and hp base, but they could incrase that, if isnt in the base skill, then make it with a mastery. The healing would help more if the summons resistances, defense and hp were increased.

But i agree, people are giving suggestions to fix this class since long ago, and they dont do anything to fix it.

#8 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

But you guys are getting DNAs to instant summon pets! :lol: :lol: :(

All my DNA points are spent on things way more useful. Instant summoning pets would have worked in S1 when the pets actually were useful. What good does it do to instant summon a pet that dies exactly the next second?

#9 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

All my DNA points are spent on things way more useful. Instant summoning pets would have worked in S1 when the pets actually were useful. What good does it do to instant summon a pet that dies exactly the next second?

It was sarcasm! <3

#10 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

It was sarcasm! <3

I was serious to keep pointing out the :lol: flaws in this class' design :lol:

#11 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

I alredy told, the caster should be able to explode (like a guided missile) the summons, that way the instant cast could be useful XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users