Can't connect what so ever... - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't connect what so ever...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DivO

DivO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

So, at the patch window it keeps saying "failed to connect to server". And then I thought maybe RO is doing some random maint. Here's the weird part... I was playing b4 all this happened and my gf was going to log on but she couldn't. But yet I was still on the game with no lag or anything... At this point I thought maybe it's our connection because we have direct t.v. And it blows internet wise. But no... I was still on the game but my gf still couldn't get on. Then I logged off and I couldn't get back on. So now it was happening to me. I tried going on warp portal to see of there was a maint. But, I couldn't even load the page and said that I couldn't connect to server. So after a few hours and checking if I could log on (which I couldn't) I went on my phone but not on our wifi but on 4G and I'm able to load warp portal... And I don't know why... I am able to load every other website but not warp portal... Did I get banned or something? I have no idea what's going on :/ If someone could help... That would be extreamly awesome :3

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Is your ISP comcast? Their DNS servers intermittently fail to resolve a number of warpportal addresses, which could result in the behavior you described.

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 January 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#3 DivO

DivO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hmm no... From what I'm told we have Viasat. I've been checking if I can get on today but nope... It's getting annoying :/

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

When do you get the error message (at what stage of starting the client)?

If the error comes from the patcher, check ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com in IE

If the error comes after the patcher, check that windows firewall or some third party security program isn't blocking RO. Some will un-whitelist RO every time it updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users