2 years patch --- started patching today -- eventhough i just patched yesterday - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2 years patch --- started patching today -- eventhough i just patched yesterday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phoenix4u2c

phoenix4u2c

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I was amazed today, when i logged in to RO, the client automatically started patching up files from April 2011 and currently as i type it has reached close to Aug2011 and continuing.

Utterly frustrated as i had played the game just yesterday and obviously my client was up to date and even my game was dowloaded just few months back so i have teh latest game client.

Dont know how but this happening for real. Is there any way that we can check what patches are updated in the game, its frustrating to have my client repatch teh entire two years of patch when i play the game everyday.

HELP PLEAS

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

This happens when the game can't read patch.inf for some reason. Inconsistent habits regarding whether RO is started as admin (on windows vista/7/8, as this mess isn't present on XP) is the most likely reason. RO should always be run as admin.

You can download a more recent patch.inf from http://drazzy.com/patch and replace your patch.inf (located in your RO folder) with the most recent one there (each file has a date in the name, and they will set the most recently completed patch to the last patch added for that date). Do not do this unless you know for certain that your client is patched up to the listed date.

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#3 phoenix4u2c

phoenix4u2c

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

This happens when the game can't read patch.inf for some reason. Inconsistent habits regarding whether RO is started as admin (on windows vista/7/8, as this mess isn't present on XP) is the most likely reason. RO should always be run as admin.

You can download a more recent patch.inf from http://drazzy.com/patch and replace your patch.inf (located in your RO folder) with the most recent one there (each file has a date in the name, and they will set the most recently completed patch to the last patch added for that date). Do not do this unless you know for certain that your client is patched up to the listed date.

Thanks a Lot for the response, much appreciated. Well I did all the patches , took me few hours but after the 2 years patches i was able to re-run my RO so as of now problem solved.

Thanks a lot for the support.

#4 Raine018

Raine018

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Same thing happened to me
http://forums.warppo...-patch-failure/

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Yes, we know this randomly happens now. We do not understand why.

You can use the above patch.inf files to resolve the issue when it happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users