Ragnarok Online 2 - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#51 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

lol you should be more accurate. If you try to sell item mall like in Requiem no one will play RO2. At higher levels the chance of reinforcing is 0%. Only way to reinforce is to buy item mall.

#52 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Theres alot o fways for them to make money from item malls just keep skills cool downs the same as intended or tweek em a bit not long cool downs please. For example for upgrading they could sell the items to help with it even in future add boxes for costumes ppl like diff costumes and you can even try out say a VIP option for more exp on the server

#53 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

might not want to have your e-mail address as your username on the forum o_O

#54 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Just sell double exp scrolls....will make lots of money. Most ppl will have a few characters, most of us lazy to lvl using the normal way....
No news what so ever regarding iRO2 on the web....
This is interesting.....

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

might not want to have your e-mail address as your username on the forum o_O

This happens for some people who are newly registered from the forums, in this case they must send a ticket to the GM Team to have their warpportal nickname and forum name changed.

#56 Xanareth

Xanareth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Actually it IS Ragnarok, if you read the Manwha. The only way it can be more like Ragnarok is if the graphics were more mature and the world was bigger.
I would say there were not alot of similarities between Ragnarok the manwha and Ragnarok Online. Probably the biggest reference is they used Chaos and Loki for the names of servers.

I noticed that, albeit a bit late in the game. I had to fight one of the mobs for a quest, and noticed how it looked exactly like the assassins from the assassin guild in the manwha, so I thought about it for a few seconds, and made the connection right away, which explains why a couple of towns are non existent in the game, considering they were destroyed in the manwha, even the back story makes that connection, explaining how Chaos saved the world blah blah blah

what saddens me though, it that the manwha was never finished, and was suddenly cut off after vol. 11 if i remember correctly to work more on RO1

Edited by Xanareth, 25 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

what saddens me though, it that the manwha was never finished, and was suddenly cut off after vol. 11 if i remember correctly to work more on RO1

Yeah, the manhwa stopped right when it was getting interesting (battle of the Assassin Crosses). I don't see why Myung-jin couldn't work on it part time while still doing RO stuff.

(And the series stopped at Volume 10. Volume 11 never saw the light of day.)

#58 Xanareth

Xanareth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, the manhwa stopped right when it was getting interesting (battle of the Assassin Crosses). I don't see why Myung-jin couldn't work on it part time while still doing RO stuff.

(And the series stopped at Volume 10. Volume 11 never saw the light of day.)

ah right, i was off by one, which reminds me, which reminds me, i had to fight Juliana the other day haha

#59 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

RO2 sets a few hundred years after RO. Eremes Guile already appears during that time...
That makes him a few hundred years old? :hmm: :p_omg:

#60 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

RO2 sets a few hundred years after RO. Eremes Guile already appears during that time...

Sorry, assassin guild secret information~~~<3

#61 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

We'll have actual sections set up for RO2 soon, but for now we really ask that people don't talk about the SouthEastAsian version of the game that recently released. They are a direct (and very aggressive) competitor to us so we'd like to not give them more publicity until we have information to release of our own.

I actually am pretty excited to play iRO2. The other "unmentionable company" really deviated from kRO2's design and made their game suck ass. I really hope iRO2 doesn't make the same mistakes.

#62 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

How are they a direct competitor to you guys Oda? Last I checked they IP blocked the US, doesn't that mean you guys have the distribution rights there? I know that is how it is with US and Eur games generally ( though they are SEA in this case )

#63 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Eremes Guile seems to switch allgnment from evil to the good guys....Interesting

Boycott the "company who shall not be named"....
Lousy game setting, bad service, and utterly take customer as idiots....changing gameplays and blaming Gravity for it. Seriously, the age of information...details are just clicks away....

Oda, give us some news!!!!
:sob:

#64 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

They didnt IP ban US they IP ban PH ~_~ anyone else can play im in australia mind you not that far away but i can play fine.
FYI: They r money grabbing **********

Edited by joanne, 27 January 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#65 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

If you've read the RO2 thread on irowiki, you've already been given a fair warning.

Edited by zr0rieu, 27 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#66 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

They did IP ban the US, you being "close" to the US doesn't have anything to do with IP blocks. I know Canada isn't blocked at all, and they are literally a 40 minute drive from northen US.

#67 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

A lot of the US didn't get banned actually

I wish they had though. They really do throw their customer under the bus. For all the -_- we give the GMs here, they are 100 times better than that -_- company.

Edited by Vendizzle, 27 January 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#68 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

They did IP ban the US, you being "close" to the US doesn't have anything to do with IP blocks. I know Canada isn't blocked at all, and they are literally a 40 minute drive from northen US.

If any US IPs did get banned, only a small fraction of US players were banned. Like you said Canada isn't blocked at all though.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Source?

#70 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Just google Biolab story

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just google Biolab story

If you're talking about the iRO Wiki thread, I have actually read that thread and nowhere in it does it say anything substantial about how many years separate RO and RO2. And if anything was mentioned about that, the whole thread is mainly speculation in the first place.

#72 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Just assume I'm talking nonsense and ignore me :)
http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=60378

Edited by Einstorm, 28 January 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#73 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

There are programs that you can use and bypass IP blocks, and idk if thats legit.

#74 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

The issue isn't bypassing or not, as I know you can. My point was since there is an IP block in place, that means another company has distribution rights for that area ( aka Gravity/Warpportal in this case ) meaning the SEA isn't "direct" competition to them.

#75 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

US isn't blocked though....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users