-Black Series- Themes for ROSE UI - Page 3 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

-Black Series- Themes for ROSE UI

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Here's an update, it's very minor. But I plan to remap all of the UI to be more minimal and less visually invasive. I started with the Info pane [holds your character info] on the top left. Once I get everything re-mapped. I'll work on true skins, and less of this recoloring technique. 

Spoiler

One I get to the point of making official skins, I'll release an update to the downloads so you can all choose to either keep the original layout + new colors, or new layout + new colors. Cheers

~Feuer

Notes* Assistance was provided by our wonderful team in terms of what directions to look, while the effort is entirely my own, the original starting point was provided by the staff, so give them credit and thanks because they deserve it. 

#52 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I have to say you have to re-write the explanation on how you install this, its working for me but I tried to help a clannie get it and it didnt work. Half the explanation is in the first post, then on the second page there is another remark about going into settings and plug-ins, eventhough its not clear if its needed.

Could you please re-write an explanation because its hard enough for someone like me who didnt write the plugin to explain how to put it in, it worked like 1 2 3 for me, but others keep getting issues.......

Do you just put it in the rose folder and start rose?

Do you go to setttings - plug-ins .... if so why was this not mentioned in the first post :S

For some people if they download the file its called gfstest.genfs, for others its called gfstest, which is it. does it matter what you put into the plug in section, if at all.

#53 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

For some people if they download the file its called gfstest.genfs, for others its called gfstest, which is it. does it matter what you put into the plug in section, if at all.

I think that is due to some having Extensions shown, while others do not. It is a .genfs file so that would be the type of file and the gftest is just the name. Both are the exact same file.

#54 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

If you do UI's with color requests.. I'm sure that I'm not the only lady that would love for you to put in pink in there somewhere~

Bubblegum pink :D

As far as Logis request.. I don't see where you get stuck? At the part where you put the files in?
I could help you with a more simple explanation but you need to be more specific, because his steps are pretty clear to me.

#55 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

If you do UI's with color requests.. I'm sure that I'm not the only lady that would love for you to put in pink in there somewhere~

Bubblegum pink :D

As far as Logis request.. I don't see where you get stuck? At the part where you put the files in?
I could help you with a more simple explanation but you need to be more specific, because his steps are pretty clear to me.

I'm using this UI myself and I'm having no problems, but I tried to help a clannie to install this yesterday and all sorts of evil happened. He asked some questions which made me think the install can be hard if your not at least a bit tech-savy.

GENfs is part of the game, check

Download a colour, check

Copy this colour file into the rose online directory, check

Start rose and it works ....  ? Do we need to go to setting and plugins, and active a random plugin name, and put gfstest.genfs in the plug in files ( optional) area ?

Its been a while since I put it in and idk if I did that back then......

#56 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

gfsskininstall.jpg

Assuming that GenFS is installed and enabled as per Q2, to install a skin after it has been copied to your ROSE folder:

In the game patcher, navigate to Settings -> Plugins.
Click New Plugin, and enter a suitable name for the skin (e.g. Royal Black for the Royal Black skin).
Select the skin you just created, check Enable Plugin and enter the file name of the file you copied to the ROSE folder in the Plugin Files field, including the .genfs file extension (e.g. gfstest.genfs).  Note that in the example above I have multiple skins installed, so I renamed the .genfs file for each skin.
Click OK to save the changes, and continue to launch the game as normal.

Edited by Genesis, 24 November 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#57 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ty gen, I notified the person who needs to know, <3

#58 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!  :p_love:  :Emo_16:  :Emo_15:  :Emo_15:  :Emo_16:  :Emo_12:  :Emo_12:

Thanks Gen!!  :p_love:  :p_love:

#59 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Read Footnotes as per 12/16/2013 in first post.

#60 Priested

Priested

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Here's an update, it's very minor. But I plan to remap all of the UI to be more minimal and less visually invasive. I started with the Info pane [holds your character info] on the top left. Once I get everything re-mapped. I'll work on true skins, and less of this recoloring technique. 

Spoiler

One I get to the point of making official skins, I'll release an update to the downloads so you can all choose to either keep the original layout + new colors, or new layout + new colors. Cheers

~Feuer

Notes* Assistance was provided by our wonderful team in terms of what directions to look, while the effort is entirely my own, the original starting point was provided by the staff, so give them credit and thanks because they deserve it. 

Wich dds and xml files did you use to edit the top left bar? (hp/mp/exp bar)

#61 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Priested, these themes are a bit out of date, the XML's aren't lined up properly with the STI's etc. Meaning you'll get a bugged UI if you use this. I'm currently working on more, and hopefully setting up a patch host, so future UI changes can be quickly patched automatically and remain up-to date. 

I Apologize for any inconvenience on users currently using these themes, as it was unexpected to have to re-build the UI after each UI modification made in the official client STI's and XML's. 

Edited by Feuer, 07 July 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#62 Priested

Priested

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

Just state the names please

It has nothing to do with ur UI, because im trying some shizzzle on my own  :p_idea:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users