Lagging like crazy with a 25MBPS internet speed - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Lagging like crazy with a 25MBPS internet speed

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hello there, I just joined the game to play with some friends (yesterday to be exact) and I've been lagging like crazy since, I tried everything that I could imagine to fix this problem my self but I have no idea what is causing it, as you can see in the tittle of this topic I have a pretty good internet speed also I play LOL (League of Legends) and I don't lag at all there, I tried opening the game as administrator and didn't solve it, re-installed the game and didn't work, honestly I don't know what else to try :X any ideas? :D thanks in advance

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

take a tracert and post it. http://forums.warppo...post-a-tracert/

You're probably getting a bad route to the RO servers (a tracert will let us prove that) - services like lowerping work wonders for that.

#3 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

It's odd that i don't feel lag in my 1mbps internet speed, i even dual client most of the times..

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

It's odd that i don't feel lag in my 1mbps internet speed, i even dual client most of the times..

Bandwidth has nothing to do with lag. RO uses a negligible amount of bandwidth. Latency is what matters, not bandwidth.

#5 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

take a tracert and post it. http://forums.warppo...post-a-tracert/

You're probably getting a bad route to the RO servers (a tracert will let us prove that) - services like lowerping work wonders for that.

stuck after typing "Tracert" in command prompt

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

stuck after typing "Tracert" in command prompt

Do you mean stuck as in you don't know what to do next, or stuck as in the command doesn't do anything?

#7 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Do you mean stuck as in you don't know what to do next, or stuck as in the command doesn't do anything?

don't know what to do next

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

type 'tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com' (without the quotes) at command prompt and press enter.

You'll see a bunch of numbers go by (sometimes this can take a while). When it finishes, right click the window, choose "mark" and use the mouse to highlight the trace, and then hit enter to copy (ctrl+c doesn't work in command window), then paste it into the forum normally.

#9 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Tracing route to iro.ragnarokonline.com [128.241.93.60]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 76 ms <1 ms 1 ms enhwi-n3.enhwi-n3 [192.168.0.1]
2 12 ms 9 ms 11 ms 10.36.96.1
3 10 ms 9 ms 14 ms gig-0-3-0-1-nycmnyte-rtr1.nyc.rr.com [24.29.130.
114]
4 128 ms 14 ms 15 ms bun105.nycmnytg-rtr001.nyc.rr.com [184.152.112.1
14]
5 17 ms 15 ms 15 ms bun6-nycmnytg-rtr002.nyc.rr.com [24.29.148.250]

6 13 ms 15 ms 16 ms 107.14.19.24
7 11 ms 11 ms 20 ms ae-1-0.pr0.nyc30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.161]
8 11 ms 14 ms 10 ms 216.55.0.145
9 19 ms 23 ms 24 ms vb1011.rar3.washington-dc.us.xo.net [216.156.0.2
1]
10 16 ms 18 ms 16 ms 207.88.14.161.ptr.us.xo.net [207.88.14.161]
11 25 ms 24 ms 39 ms xe-0.equinix.asbnva01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [206.223
.115.12]
12 26 ms 24 ms 23 ms ae-6.r20.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.1
09]
13 108 ms 92 ms 90 ms ae-2.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.5
5]
14 97 ms 97 ms 93 ms ae-2.r05.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.8
6]
15 91 ms 92 ms 90 ms xe-0-0-0-15.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [198.
172.90.170]
16 98 ms 92 ms 88 ms portal.demarcation.gravityus.com [204.2.170.50]

17 100 ms 93 ms 97 ms www.playragnarok.com [128.241.93.60]

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

That trace looks clean... it certainly doesn't look like it should be lagging badly.

Do we know it's network lag, not local machine lag (try moving the mouse while lagging, if the mouse lags, it's local machine lag)

#11 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

That trace looks clean... it certainly doesn't look like it should be lagging badly.

Do we know it's network lag, not local machine lag (try moving the mouse while lagging, if the mouse lags, it's local machine lag)

Local machine? you mean my pc slowing down?

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Local machine? you mean my pc slowing down?

Yeah. It's an easy test to see if it's local machine lag, and it'll save us a lot of barking up the wrong tree if it is.

There are things that can make RO perform poorly even on good machines (full screen on Win8 performs miserably, for example, if you can make it work at all)

#13 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yeah. It's an easy test to see if it's local machine lag, and it'll save us a lot of barking up the wrong tree if it is.

There are things that can make RO perform poorly even on good machines (full screen on Win8 performs miserably, for example, if you can make it work at all)

well I doubt its my PC man, I'm currently playing on my Alienware m14x (windows 7 ultimate) I did anyways what you told me to with the mouse and it didnt lag, my character is the only one lagging :C

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

well I doubt its my PC man, I'm currently playing on my Alienware m14x (windows 7 ultimate) I did anyways what you told me to with the mouse and it didnt lag, my character is the only one lagging :C

Okay, so that confirms that it's not local machine lag - good.

I've been seeing reports of this recently, and I'm not sure what to do about them - cases where tracerts look good, but performance is still poor, and the servers are okay (the servers lag during WoE, but not otherwise). Some of these people report that lowerping/wtfast improve performance, though I cannot rationalize this (since the route looks fine).

The lag - is it a constant delay between when you click and when the game reacts? Or is it lag "spikes" where game action suddenly stops?

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I've been seeing reports of this recently, and I'm not sure what to do about them - cases where tracerts look good, but performance is still poor, and the servers are okay (the servers lag during WoE, but not otherwise). Some of these people report that lowerping/wtfast improve performance, though I cannot rationalize this (since the route looks fine).

The lag - is it a constant delay between when you click and when the game reacts? Or is it lag "spikes" where game action suddenly stops?

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

#17 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

It is very constant, it would stop for like 2 seconds and then come back, its working currently like this: I click, my character doesn't move, after one second my character runs and goes tho the pointed location.

Edited by Fyou, 18 January 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like network lag to me.... and yet, the tracert is clear... Have you tried using lowerping/wtfast?

Like i mentioned above, some people with this set of symptoms (something that's clearly network lag, but clean ping) have found that lowerping/wtfast fixes it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#19 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like network lag to me.... and yet, the tracert is clear... Have you tried using lowerping/wtfast?

Like i mentioned above, some people with this set of symptoms (something that's clearly network lag, but clean ping) have found that lowerping/wtfast fixes it.

I have no idea what lowerping/wfast is man D:

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

lowerping.com wtfast.com - they're gaming performance proxy services. Both have free trials.

#21 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

lowerping.com wtfast.com - they're gaming performance proxy services. Both have free trials.

so that's the only solutions ? well that sucks

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

so that's the only solutions ? well that sucks

Well, do they work?

If they do - that is practical proof that it's a network issue - which could be fixed by using lowerping/wtfast, or changing ISPs.

RO is very sensitive to network conditions - unlike most games, it doesn't really have any lag-mitigation features that would hide lag from the player.

#23 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Well, do they work?

If they do - that is practical proof that it's a network issue - which could be fixed by using lowerping/wtfast, or changing ISPs.

RO is very sensitive to network conditions - unlike most games, it doesn't really have any lag-mitigation features that would hide lag from the player.

ill try it out now and let you know but like I said before I play League of Legends and it doesn't lag there so I doubt its my connection.

#24 Fyou

Fyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well, do they work?

hey bro my antivirus is saying that lowerping.com its not safe (when I downloaded the program) you 100% sure is safe?

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lowerping is safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users