Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

The Event Host Application Guide

Posted Image

First off all, I want you to be aware that there is a limited amount of available positions for people who want to become Event Hosts, so there is no guarantee that everone will be able to become one.

Part I
How to become a Event Host

1) Before you can even apply to become a Official Event Host, you first need something called a Reference. In this case, it means you need to have a "Event Topic" such as those known from Ultimate or myself. You can kindly ask either Oda or Ralis to make your Event Topic a Sticky.

Ultimate's Event Topic

My Event Topic

Michaeleeli's Event Topic (Applicant)

Alaska's Event Topic (Applicant)

2) To become a Official Event Hoster, you first have to show us how capable you are. To do this, you will have to create a few Events by yourself and include them in your mentioned "Event Topic". Please make sure to include Server Time and GMT Time for your Events. You can also use the GMT Time Converter.

3) Please keep in mind that Ragnarok Online Veterans have a higher chance to receive a position. The reason for this being that Players who are new to the Game likely don't have the amount of knowledge needed for continued Events and/or necessary funds to hold Events that award prizes. (I'm sorry if this includes you.)

4) If you want a great number of people participating in your first Event, please don't hesitate to contact either Ultimate or myself Ingame or here in the forum. To make contacting us easier, please take a look at our GMT Times so you know who is more likely to be Ingame at any given time or write one of us a PM.

Ultimate - GMT -8 (PST Time) / Send Him a PM

Myself - GMT + 11 / Send me a PM

5) Please be aware that if you plan to include prizes in your Events, you will have to pay them with your own money. In contrast, you also have to make sure to point out if a Event you host has no prizes and thus is a so-called "Pure Fun Event".

6) After you hosted a few Events and you feel you have a shot at getting a position, you can try to contact Oda with the following information:

1) Your Event Topic link.

2) Number of Events you did so far.

3) What kind of Events did you.

4) Amount of people that attended each Event.

7) Depending on how well you perform, you may receive the privilege to attain prizes for your Events from GM's, however those prizes must be used for your Events and sticking them into your own pocket will have very harsh consequences.

Part II
The responsibilities of an Event Host

1) Once you become a Official Event Host, your will receive an item called "Megaphone". This item is used to broadcast a message across the whole server and must only be used for your Events. Using them for anything else will result in harsh punishment and loss of your position as Event Host.

2) You must never give anybody Clues, Hints or Head-starts to your Events. As a Event Hoster, the GM's have put a large amount of trust into you, respect that.

3) Be Polite at all Times! When hosting Events you will certainly come across some rude people, but you'll still have to respond in a kindly manner. You may also meet people who'll think you are a GM and tell you to clean up Bots, stop wasting your time, ETC. Even if this might annoy you, all you have to do is to simply explain to them you're not a GM or resolve things in a different appropriate way.

4) There is no set amount of Events you have to hold within a week, so don't worry about having to take a break every once in a while. If you are away for more than a month though, you should contact someone from the Event Team and properly tell them that you will take a long-term absence from the game.

Note from Ralis: Please post your threads in either the Renewal or Classic subforums. We can't sticky a thousand threads in the main section of the forums!

Edited by Sully, 31 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#2 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Reserved

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I certainly don't mind more people getting into the "community events" racket, as people can do some fun creative stuff that the other event hosts wouldn't have thought of.

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I thought about having an event where the person doing the game stands on a cell and the first person to teleport/fwing on the same cell wins a prize.
Might take too long though.

#5 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I thought about having an event where the person doing the game stands on a cell and the first person to teleport/fwing on the same cell wins a prize.
Might take too long though.

Ultimate had a similar event once on Ymir where he was in one of the dead cells in Morroc and you had to Fly Wing/Teleport near or on him in order to trade him. That wasn't a very good one, though. Far too random.

#6 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

any chance you can change the font on your posts to Automatic instead of that dark color.. i use the dark teal color scheme and its very difficult to read..

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Is this the sort of thing you would "apply" for? Or do you just have to make a thread, and people will be chosen depending on how popular their event is, etc? Sorry, just a bit unclear to me. XD

Edit: Nevermind, read it a few more times and I think I got it. Basically host a few events on your own, then ask a GM whether or not they think you're able to host them "officially".

I think I might give this a shot. :p_omg:

Edited by Alaska, 22 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#8 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

A fun event is RO trivia chatrooms. Password = answer to the question.

any chance you can change the font on your posts to Automatic instead of that dark color.. i use the dark teal color scheme and its very difficult to read..

And this ^ please.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Sorry for force changing your font color Sully, I use the dark coloured background like these guys.

#10 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Points to remember:
1:) Always crack Time jokes....He likes them secretly :heh:
2:) Make your homework as an event....Ask Time for more details....

More to come as Time progresses......

This post is a pure troll and don't listen to me.....don't waste your Time.....

#11 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

anything besides PST (pacific time) and my mind explodes

#12 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Points to remember:
1:) Always crack Time jokes....He likes them secretly :heh:
2:) Make your homework as an event....Ask Time for more details....

More to come as Time progresses......

This post is a pure troll and don't listen to me.....don't waste your Time.....

Hehe, I dont now what your talking about *blush*

Sorry for force changing your font color Sully, I use the dark coloured background like these guys.

No probs, doesnt bother me at all ^_^

Edited by Sully, 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#13 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Edit: Nevermind, read it a few more times and I think I got it. Basically host a few events on your own, then ask a GM whether or not they think you're able to host them "officially".

I think I might give this a shot. :p_omg:

Yes! :D Goodluck!

#14 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

One thing I would like to know about this is the "time factor", meaning do you have to do a set amount of events in a set amount of time? For example a "1 event per week" rule or something like that?

#15 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

One thing I would like to know about this is the "time factor", meaning do you have to do a set amount of events in a set amount of time? For example a "1 event per week" rule or something like that?

Ah yes, I remember before going to sleep to remember that but I clearly forgot, You do not have any set time period to when you host your events, you could be gone for a month for all the community care, as all they can do is miss you and welcome your return :)

I shall add that now. thankyou

#16 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ah yes, I remember before going to sleep to remember that but I clearly forgot, You do not have any set time period to when you host your events, you could be gone for a month for all the community care, as all they can do is miss you and welcome your return :)

I shall add that now. thankyou

You're welcome~

Something else I would like to stress out is the importance to mention in the beginning that, IF you do a prized Event, you will HAVE to provide said prized from your own money until you are eligible to receive items from GM's, as some people might not know that/didn't notice this.

#17 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

You're welcome~

Something else I would like to stress out is the importance to mention in the beginning that, IF you do a prized Event, you will HAVE to provide said prized from your own money until you are eligible to receive items from GM's, as some people might not know that/didn't notice this.

Once again, I do appreciate this feedback, and I shall add that shortly.

#18 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

If anyone is actively doing this and interested in getting more attention, just pm one of us and we'd be happy to help if everything seems good. Example, you'd like to try running an event/game but no one is participating/doesn't know about it, ask us and we can announce "so and so is running an event in east pront" or something like that, x1 yellow text message to get you started. From my standpoint I would have to verify a few things first but feel free to ask :)

#19 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

If anyone is actively doing this and interested in getting more attention, just pm one of us and we'd be happy to help if everything seems good. Example, you'd like to try running an event/game but no one is participating/doesn't know about it, ask us and we can announce "so and so is running an event in east pront" or something like that, x1 yellow text message to get you started. From my standpoint I would have to verify a few things first but feel free to ask :)

Ultimate, May I ask what is your GMT Time, as we seem to be quite opposite. and if they happen to PM me, I would be able to refer them you if I happen to be asleep during that time.

Mine is GMT+11

#20 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm gonna ask a lot of questions here haha, so sorry in advance. :p_swt:

Are any sorts of events allowed? Say, for example, something that involves PVP? I know you should probably make it so as many people as possible can participate, but right off the top of my head let's say you were holding a treasure hunt and one of the areas needed to venture into was a PVP map.

#21 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Yes PVP events are allowed, but if no prize is involved you must mention it,
Ultimate did a little pvp event for the first person to kill him wins a prize.

Edited by Sully, 23 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#22 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yes PVP are allowed, but if no prize is involved you must mention it,
Ultimate did a little pvp event for the first person to kill him wins a prize.

Ah that's perfect then, thanks a lot! *-*

#23 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Edited your post to include a note from me... If you're making event threads, please make them in the subforums for each server.

My own advice for events would be to not have them more than once a week, especially if we have more than one person doing them. The server announcements and such seem to really grate on some people's nerves. =X

#24 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Edited your post to include a note from me... If you're making event threads, please make them in the subforums for each server.

My own advice for events would be to not have them more than once a week, especially if we have more than one person doing them. The server announcements and such seem to really grate on some people's nerves. =X

+1 gotta be gentle on the yellow text :ok:

#25 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

ive just made it normal red ;) as it changed back to normal when i edit it.
And yeah.. so agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users