Can't download client - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't download client

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IRushI

IRushI

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

When I try to download the game I get a message saying " THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. CONTACT THE APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE."
I've already tried using chrome, firefox, and internet explorer to download the game but I keep getting the same message.

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

When I try to download the game I get a message saying " THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. CONTACT THE APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE."
I've already tried using chrome, firefox, and internet explorer to download the game but I keep getting the same message.

I recommend that you download the client from my mirror.

Out of interest, did you download the installer from the same web site every time? If so, what web site was it?

#3 IRushI

IRushI

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I recommend that you download the client from my mirror.

Out of interest, did you download the installer from the same web site every time? If so, what web site was it?

The official RO website

#4 IRushI

IRushI

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Your mirror seems to be working. Thanks a lot :heh:

#5 BushWookie

BushWookie

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'll piggyback on this thread since I seem to be having a similar problem. Whenever I try to download it through the official website, this message pops up saying, "Cannot save due to insufficient permissions. Please save to another location.". Would I need to download from the mirror as well? Thanks in advance

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'll piggyback on this thread since I seem to be having a similar problem. Whenever I try to download it through the official website, this message pops up saying, "Cannot save due to insufficient permissions. Please save to another location.". Would I need to download from the mirror as well? Thanks in advance

I don't know exactly what causes this problem to occur, but you should be able to salvage the downloaded file by renaming it from Unconfirmed <Number>.crdownload to iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi.

Edited by Axylus, 31 January 2013 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users