Kagerou + Valorous Assassin's Damascus Bug? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou + Valorous Assassin's Damascus Bug?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

The "bug" is where it doesn't show that it gives +90 MAtk. Wondering if this is actually a bug or something not shown at all. Also, does the "chance to cause Occult Impaction skill effect" (both proc and effect) apply to skills or strictly to auto-attacking?

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13037/
Valorous Assassin's Damascus
  • Increases physical damage against [Demi-Human] race targets by 75%.
  • If used by a Rogue job type or Ninja, physical attacks will deal [Occult Impaction] style damage.
It does not give +90 Matk.

Also Kagerou may not be considered ninja for every item yet since the class still has a lot of kinks to work out.

Edited by Riakuta, 08 February 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#3 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/13037/
Valorous Assassin's Damascus

• Increases physical damage against [Demi-Human] race targets by 75%.
  • If used by a Rogue job type or Ninja, physical attacks will deal [Occult Impaction] style damage.
It does not give +90 Matk.

Also Kagerou may not be considered ninja for every item yet since the class still has a lot of kinks to work out.

Geez, wanna see a screenie? Gimme a moment.

EDIT: Posted Image

Also, it says that it gives a "chance" to cause OC skill effect on the compounded weapon for 6s. It's not confirmed 6s OC style damage.

Edited by matrixEXO, 08 February 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Quick Lesson: Never trust in game descriptions they are often mistranslated and never fixed. Irowiki.org/db/ provides players input on what the items actually do.

You can obviously tell by your status window the in-game description is incorrect.

Edited by Riakuta, 08 February 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#5 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Quick Lesson: Never trust in game descriptions they are often mistranslated and never fixed. Irowiki.org/db/ provides players input on what the items actually do.

Nah, it's more like: Never trust Gravity/Warpportal to clean up old text.

Off-topic: Do we need to equip it on the right hand for the OC style damage effect or does leaving it on the left hand causes the benefits to occur regardless?

Edited by matrixEXO, 08 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#6 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Nah, it's more like: Never trust Gravity to clean up old text.

Off-topic: Do we need to equip it on the right hand for the OC style damage effect or does leaving it on the left hand causes the benefits to occur regardless?

The effect of Occult Impact should work regardless of whether it is in the main hand or the off hand. The Occult Impact Style damage may not be working correctly since it may not consider Kagerou/Oboro Ninja Class.

#7 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

The effect of Occult Impact should work regardless of whether it is in the main hand or the off hand. The Occult Impact Style damage may not be working correctly since it may not consider Kagerou/Oboro Ninja Class.

Then here's to hoping it works eventually and will make my Throw Kunai damage even stronger.

Edited by matrixEXO, 09 February 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#8 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

I take that back. Pretty sure OC is a proc effect since there is this new self-proc visual (something like having 5 monk spheres moving in a downwards spiral) that occurs once in a while. Thus, weapon info is correct and iRO wiki database is incorrect unless proven otherwise. That is, if Kurenai has a hidden effect not mentioned.

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I'm pretty sure even the most dedicated fan-based database can be wrong on rare occasions too, which makes irowiki's database no exception. I'm also pretty damn sure the Valorous Assassin's Damascus gives +90 Matk. I own one for Pete's sake! If you need a screenshot, I can even provide it for proof that it gives Matk. It's probably bugged and isn't giving it to Kagerou, but it's most certainly giving it to the rest of the classes that can equip it. Just send a Report about this.

#10 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

I think the more likely situation is that, much like the Ninja NPCs, this dagger doesn't recognize Kagero and Oboro classes as being Ninjas. It's likely that the effects either didn't get tested, or were simply overlooked during the testing on Sakray.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Then here's to hoping it works eventually and will make my Throw Kunai damage even stronger.

OC wont proc on throw kunai only on melee attacks.... skills generally cant proc off other skills unless the skill used is required for the other to proc...

#12 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

OC wont proc on throw kunai only on melee attacks.... skills generally cant proc off other skills unless the skill used is required for the other to proc...

The OC proc did occur (showing that swirling orb effect) when I cast Throw Kunai though. Except that if the OC style damage only occurs when melee attacking, then I wanna weep. T.T

Edited by matrixEXO, 09 February 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

the trigger effect from the CD in Mouth will proc with throw kunai but casting the skill again wont actually trigger the bolt effects....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users