Kagerou/Oboro: Kunai Build Discussion - Page 5 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Kunai Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#101 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

Unless you're Magic Build or make heavy use of skills that rely on INT for damage, always use LUK as the dump stat for excess points. As Daehyun stated, there are many slight benefits to additional LUK.

You can still maneuver in Pure Soul state with Shadow Leap, /bingbing /bangbang + CSS proc, and Cross Slash.

#102 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

i've tried the calc (just for the stat) and even if you took 90 on STR, AGI, DEX, VIT, i'd say it's better to spend a few more points to INT. i suppose it'll make you more mobile and versatile since you won't have to stop to pure soul a lot.

but really, it's all about preference and how comfort you are with it

If you are not Ctrl + Click build, I'd say don't get 90 AGI, it's just not worth it, it doesn't increase KE dmg anymore and only boost Swirling Petal dmg by a small amount that definitely doesn't worth the amount of points dumped into it. And we all know FLEE sucks in Renewal anyway. If you stop at around 70 AGI, you'll have enough points for 50 INT, which is more than enough if you use your pure soul well.

#103 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

advantages of high agi on a throw build: resistance to bleeding and sleep... flee vs one on one situations, aspd if needed...

advantages of high int on a throw build: more sp, resistance to silence, slight increase to mdef...

really there is no real 100% RIGHT way to build a kagerou... there are like 8 main builds with numerous sub builds for each build... you take what you have and make it work to your playstyle... thats what great about this class...its super versatile...

#104 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Things I Learned today :
Enchanted Grimtooth  beats +12 RWC Knife in both Kunai Explosion and Kunai Splash dmg, especially Kunai Explosion, by a long shot, even when fully buffed for both. 
Just tested on my +7 FS 6/7 Grimtooth and my +12 RWC Knife, surprisingly, the dmg output is almost the same. So if it was a +12 Grimtooth then it'll be even worse for the RWC one... it must has something to do with those complicated W.ATK , E.ATK and Upgrade ATK...

Edited by iDaehyun, 06 April 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#105 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

advantages of high agi on a throw build: resistance to bleeding and sleep... flee vs one on one situations, aspd if needed...
advantages of high int on a throw build: more sp, resistance to silence, slight increase to mdef...

silence can be cured via green pot, so i still +1'd agi B)

Things I Learned today :
Enchanted Grimtooth  beats +12 RWC Knife in both Kunai Explosion and Kunai Splash dmg, especially Kunai Explosion, by a long shot, even when fully buffed for both. 
Just tested on my +7 FS 6/7 Grimtooth and my +12 RWC Knife, surprisingly, the dmg output is almost the same. So if it was a +12 Grimtooth then it'll be even worse for the RWC one... it must has something to do with those complicated W.ATK , E.ATK and Upgrade ATK...

FS, not EA? would EA deal more damage?

#106 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

FS, not EA? would EA deal more damage?

If it was EA then it'll be worse for the RWC Knife. 

#107 asthar

asthar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

want to know if the dmg of Rapid Throw is divided among everyone on AoE

#108 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

want to know if the dmg of Rapid Throw is divided among everyone on AoE

Yes it is, that's a way to counter RT spammer too, by grouping up.

#109 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

RWC knife overall will always get out-shun by enchanted bazerald, or grimtooth. I've posted several times that Kunai Splash is only affected by ATK. EA buff never give benefit to Kunai Splash. Recent patch from kRO made it affect Kunai Splash. So untill then, Grimtooth with FS is best bet for Kunai Splash. As for Explosive Kunai, EA grimtooth will exceed damage output of RWC knife by large margin.

#110 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

My KEs are like 45k damage with a high EA Grimtooth, offhand +9 IP and no other ranged boosters. The % mod and functionailty on that skill is incredible.

What's even funnier is that my DEX is relatively low for a 150 K/O; only 80 thereabouts as I'm pure melee with KE for harass.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 22 May 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#111 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

My KEs are like 45k damage with a high EA Grimtooth, offhand +9 IP and no other ranged boosters. The % mod and functionailty on that skill is incredible.

What's even funnier is that my DEX is relatively low for a 150 K/O; only 80 thereabouts as I'm pure melee with KE for harass.

Might wanna try specialized MG for offhand. IP effect does not apply for Kunai Explosion. 

#112 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Grimtooth has higher max damage but rwc has a lot less variance and no defense cut.

Edited by Jaye, 22 May 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#113 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Might wanna try specialized MG for offhand. IP effect does not apply for Kunai Explosion. 

That's what I meant. The damage was extremely high despite nonoptimal gear.

#114 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

highest i did was 170k or 250k. thats before the patch tho

#115 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

i was dropping 65k KE in White Lady's face today without outside buffs using  a +8 double kingbird petal huuma...

Edited by Facekiller, 22 May 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#116 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hello guys!

I think this has been asked but what is the advantage of picking a kagerou over an oboro? it has been said that they have better melee options and I wanted to try a melee/throwing hybrid of some sorts but can you please elaborate?

Also another question, I have no plans on playing PVP but I would like to join some WOE and Endless Tower; will I be able to contribute anything? especially on Endless Tower?

Thanks guys, Have a good day!

#117 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Hello guys!

I think this has been asked but what is the advantage of picking a kagerou over an oboro? it has been said that they have better melee options and I wanted to try a melee/throwing hybrid of some sorts but can you please elaborate?

Also another question, I have no plans on playing PVP but I would like to join some WOE and Endless Tower; will I be able to contribute anything? especially on Endless Tower?

Thanks guys, Have a good day!

Kagerou have a skill called Shadow Warrior.... this skill lets you endow a player (yourself or others) with double attack (level 1= level 2 double attack, lvl3=lvl6, lvl4=lvl 8, lvl5= lvl 10 double attack)... the cost is one shadow orb per cast and the skill slowly eats your SP (which isnt a problem)... (i have a guildie who does 3k double attacks and drops 60k KE and 120k+ KS)....they also have a skill called Empty Shadow which strips damage diversion (physical and magical reflects, shadow form, sacrifice ect) so that enemies cant reflect damage when you melee them... Oboro have a better chance at higher damage due to their Distorted crescent skill but its HP/SP reliant (you need to have the right HP/SP to gain a buff otherwise its a Debuff)... WoE is generally not a great place for kagerou or oboro... its mostly a support role... debuffing enemies and causeing status ailments... as for ET i solo my way up to Samurai Specter(floor 40) all the time but cant get past his Power Up+ 2hand quicken combo... if i get past him i KNOW i can kill my way up through ESL...

#118 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Kagerou have a skill called Shadow Warrior.... this skill lets you endow a player (yourself or others) with double attack (level 1= level 2 double attack, lvl3=lvl6, lvl4=lvl 8, lvl5= lvl 10 double attack)... the cost is one shadow orb per cast and the skill slowly eats your SP (which isnt a problem)... (i have a guildie who does 3k double attacks and drops 60k KE and 120k+ KS)....they also have a skill called Empty Shadow which strips damage diversion (physical and magical reflects, shadow form, sacrifice ect) so that enemies cant reflect damage when you melee them... Oboro have a better chance at higher damage due to their Distorted crescent skill but its HP/SP reliant (you need to have the right HP/SP to gain a buff otherwise its a Debuff)... WoE is generally not a great place for kagerou or oboro... its mostly a support role... debuffing enemies and causeing status ailments... as for ET i solo my way up to Samurai Specter(floor 40) all the time but cant get past his Power Up+ 2hand quicken combo... if i get past him i KNOW i can kill my way up through ESL...

I guess I'll be making a Kagerou now thanks! Its no problem, I've always wanted to play a support char on WOE but ive never wanted to make a priest or stinger so K/O would be ok. 

Thanks again man! :thx:

#119 cyber2050

cyber2050

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

It's possible with Solo kagerou to kill mvp (low, medium and mid-hight and hight difficult) with a throwing build ? yes? no? or some restrict condition?

I am new in this game.

#120 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:42 AM

It's possible with Solo kagerou to kill mvp (low, medium and mid-hight and hight difficult) with a throwing build ? yes? no? or some restrict condition?

I am new in this game.

low tier should be easy enough with minimum investment (like, a few hundreds mil all over) but mid tier ones would require a lot more, almost a couple of bils. there's not much you can do to buff a kagero/oboro beyond that. magic build generally can be stronger than throwing build but it lacks versatility.

#121 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

bump because i want to know something,
is Kunai Splash delay based on ASPD just like RC ? or not 

there's no slotted version of Orc hero helmet right, so it's not because of Kiels 

between this vid and another channel

https://www.youtube....xcRiBgzQ/videos

, both of them are having high AGI  :pif:

hey magic Oboro can hit amdarais 300k-1mil with flaming petal

not fair, if it's not possible to spam 40k kunai splash  :heh:

Edited by Silvianna, 25 February 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#122 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

First of all, thats jRO, 90% of the OP stuff they can do, is completely undoable on other official due to them having a lot of different items/different effect for the item, their atk/matk and dmg mechanic is a bit different, and the mobs there as well.

Specifically about the video/channel(wich i follow for several months if not a year+ already)

Kunai Splash has 0.5s cast delay( RC has 0.2s y know? :v)
Their Orc Hero Helm grants innate Drake effect (100% on all size), i dont doubt it can have a slot as well.
We don't know the shadow gears she's using, they have the cast delay reduction shadows already.

Neither the Armor, Garment, Shoes that she's using. Neither their effects or if they can be enchanted etc*
* If you check the channel, a recent video is a test of a enchant on the boots she's wearing. The enchant gives a proc of -100% cast delay and cast time for a short time. Who knows what more they have.

There's also a pretty convincing explanation as well: It's jRO just accept and move on :v

It's possible to do something similar but not same end results here, first of all because we dont have the updated formula on Kunai Splash, then it comes the kunai "quivers"(because the skill consumes a lot, and they are very heavy), and lot other stuff

#123 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

Q.Q ok then
Umm so 0.5 delay, is like RC animation with 1 AGI ?

Y u no support expanded class, gravity

#124 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

no, is like RC with 100 aspd '-'

#125 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Ashhhhhhhhhhhhhh you were soo soo soo right about this build, 

so i made an Oboro, she's lvl 116 atm xD

but so far this is so good

my kunai splash hits 27k-30k in valk dungeon

am using grimtooth + 2x racial 2x size here ( small size 100% )

real problem is,

- i need go back to Amatsu for each 15-20 mins for buying Kunai

- without Drake card / 24/7 Weapon Protection , the damage is failed so hard when hitting Large, like only 9-10k

- QQ no kunai quiver 

- barely can carry consumption items, ( straws, slims ) because of weight problem

- cant farm, cant greed for the sake of weight :V

Edited by Silvianna, 27 February 2016 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users