Kagerou/Oboro: Swirling Petals/Huuma Build Discussion - Page 6 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Swirling Petals/Huuma Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#126 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Well thx for the answer facekiller, i decided to get rid my kunai splash. OT: is there any free reset in iRO atm?

#127 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

Well thx for the answer facekiller, i decided to get rid my kunai splash. OT: is there any free reset in iRO atm?

Well if you are under lv 100 then yes you can get unlimited free skill resets, at the Hypnotist near the center of Pront, other than that, nope.

Edited by iDaehyun, 14 February 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#128 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Ahh dang i got my oboro to lvl104, thx btw. I wanna ask you guys whats ur opinion on this skill build. Currently working on melee/throwing build with a little ctrl attacking

#129 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Ahh dang i got my oboro to lvl104, thx btw. I wanna ask you guys whats ur opinion on this skill build. Currently working on melee/throwing build with a little ctrl attacking

I'd say, follow melee/throwing build only, Ctrl+click is pretty meh at high lv, when mobs hp go up to 5 or 6 figures.

#130 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

its all good tho id say drop 2 points from right hand mastery and get cast ninja spell....

#131 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

ok thx for the opinion guys

#132 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

its all good tho id say drop 2 points from right hand mastery and get cast ninja spell....

#133 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

This will be somewhat of a multi-level set of related questions, so my apologies for the number of inquiries.

1) Has it ever been determined exactly what the enchant list looks like for say a Huuma Swirling Petal at +12 and higher, more specifically +15?  I was hoping maybe someone might have found something truly worthwhile like range % enchants or Attack % enchants.

2) Is it worth getting +Str or +Dex for the Swirling Peal [2]?  Or are the bonuses just so miniscule anything is fine?

3) Is a 2s Swirling Petal still the optimal Huuma for Swirling Petal?  How about if I choose to use a Huuma and switch between Swirling Petal and Explosion?

4) Should I focus on my Kagerou or just skip it and make an Oborou given Distorted Crescent's increasing returns per level?

4.1) With the above in mind, I'd keep both, but wasn't sure which to focus on.  Here are my two builds for any form of critiquing any of you guys can offer (much appreciated ahead of time), Oborou and Kagerou.  I would use the same stat setup with both (these are just base + job, not including equipment/card/enchant):

103+7 Str

74+6 Agi

66+4 Vit

44+6 Int

112+8 Dex

42+4 Luck

#134 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

This will be somewhat of a multi-level set of related questions, so my apologies for the number of inquiries.

1) Has it ever been determined exactly what the enchant list looks like for say a Huuma Swirling Petal at +12 and higher, more specifically +15?  I was hoping maybe someone might have found something truly worthwhile like range % enchants or Attack % enchants.

2) Is it worth getting +Str or +Dex for the Swirling Peal [2]?  Or are the bonuses just so miniscule anything is fine?

3) Is a 2s Swirling Petal still the optimal Huuma for Swirling Petal?  How about if I choose to use a Huuma and switch between Swirling Petal and Explosion?

4) Should I focus on my Kagerou or just skip it and make an Oborou given Distorted Crescent's increasing returns per level?

4.1) With the above in mind, I'd keep both, but wasn't sure which to focus on.  Here are my two builds for any form of critiquing any of you guys can offer (much appreciated ahead of time), Oborou and Kagerou.  I would use the same stat setup with both (these are just base + job, not including equipment/card/enchant):

103+7 Str

74+6 Agi

66+4 Vit

44+6 Int

112+8 Dex

42+4 Luck

1) only definite information i know of is that it gives +2/+2 on +9. and +10 is something like +3/+3 

2) if you're talking about the Skill, the formula is Damage Formula In %: Caster's AGI + Caster's DEX + 150 * Skill Level Used + 100 * Throw Huuma Shuriken

3) it is possible to swap your weapon for optimal damage. and mixing swirling petal and explosion is quite common

4) Oboro should have advantage over kagerou in terms of pure damage. because of DC is such a strong skill, it should be much easier to set up gear if you don't have much fund.

4.1) It would be much more optimal if you set up stat considering benefits from HBP or +9 FAW. for HBP you get bonus effect when you have 90+ stats of desired effect.  for FAW it would be multiple of 20.

#135 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

hi, i just resetted my kagerou and i want to know some things.

1. which is faster for lvling?? swirling petal/kunai explosion??

2. if its swirling petal, is it ok w/out huuma petal since its only for lvl110+. i'm only 105. what are other alternatives??

3. is blaze shield a good mob control for using kunai explosion?? since i can't really get max KS w/ new skill builds since i'm also getting rapid throw

4. after the prerequisite skills are taken for throw build, what other skills should i get??

5. where to lv 105 kagerou throw build (w/out TI since i'm on a diff server) either swirling petals/kunai explosion??

6. any equipment that i should get?? i'm planning to get the quest armor and shield w/c has auto cast shadow and cast delay reduction.

my equip right now:

+9 evil marching hat of reload

elven ear of reload

gangster scarf (atk+5)

arctic armor

+7 rwc kingbird / +9 4xKingbird mg

+6 shoes of wonderer

+9 mystic heroic backpack

rwc ring str1 fs3/2 gold scaraba / phen rwc pen s3/1 dex1

that's my questions right now. if u have any more info/advice pls tell me thx.

EMH of Reload.

Elvens of Reload.

Arctic Armour.

Of Mad Berserker RWC Ring.

Those gears are pretty hilariously fake, as NO ONE has two Kiels on this server (and iRO doesn't have Gold Scaraba yet).

#136 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

EMH of Reload.

Elvens of Reload.

Arctic Armour.

Of Mad Berserker RWC Ring.

Those gears are pretty hilariously fake, as NO ONE has two Kiels on this server (and iRO doesn't have Gold Scaraba yet).

My friend does have two kiel, and this set up, despite the fact that it will never work, is possible apart from gold scaraba. 

#137 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

sorry if this has been asked somewhere,

since swirling petal and throw huuma hits multiple times, does that mean it can proc autocasts such as bloody knight/meteor storm for every hit (lucky enough to, that is)?

#138 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

sorry if this has been asked somewhere,

since swirling petal and throw huuma hits multiple times, does that mean it can proc autocasts such as bloody knight/meteor storm for every hit (lucky enough to, that is)?

i never tried personally, Although, Blazing shield and Exploding Dragon does proc auto spell with magic attacks. So it might.

#139 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

skills dont proc other skills most of the time... the only exception i know of is provoke....

#140 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

can huuma swirling petel be enchanted EA?

#141 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

nope... they can be enchanted with def, mdef, int, str, vit, dex, and agi bonuses tho

#142 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

nope... they can be enchanted with def, mdef, int, str, vit, dex, and agi bonuses tho

thank you.

based on what I read, I guess high refine level humma swirl petal carded with 2 AS is the best weapon so far for SP build?

I found those elemental humma weapon such as huuma blaze shuriken, fluttering snow and thunderstorm, and huuma shadow, are they all out-shined by huuma swirl petal in terms of damage? blaze, snow and thunderstorm are lvl 4 weapon but without card slots, at least according wiki db 

#143 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

petal huuma is the best we got for now...

#144 Lambasted

Lambasted

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, California

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

WOW....So I just spent 30 minutes explaining a bunch of -_-, typing it out, resetting my kage's stats and displaying them then the damages and etc.

I hit backspace to delete an extra period I had accidentally put and it erased my entire work. So -_- this noise.

Short version: AGI and DEX add nominal amounts to Swirling Petal damage. Pumping 80 pure dex and 70 vit only for stats added a mere 600 or so damage into the Swirl's damage, then resetting and doing 80 agi and 70 vit which added almost nearly no visible change in damage. maybe 300? But the damage fluctuates too much to be certain.

After the 7 stat resets I did to test different amounts of allocated stat points it's obvious that AGI is not necessary, especially in early levels of a Kage as mine is and has been through this process base 101/20.

DEX is STILL needed since Swirl can and will miss targets. Based off of any other skill with your dex/hit to the monsters flee. [Tested everything in Low TI on zip bears and peach trees.] 

So in conclusion roll with w/e DEX you normally use as you level a char, maybe 60-70 at 101 since it DOES add more damage to Swirling Petal than AGI from what I could tell in my testing. After that dump into STR and of course VIT since we Kage/Obo are the squishiest of the squshies. Also some into since ya know, skills are a beeeeotch.

My final stat build at 101/20:

80 STR <Well yeah who doesn't like damage and weight? [plus my heavy boxes /rice]

13 AGI <leftover points after other stats

80 VIT <No brainer

30 INT <Cause 40 sp for each Swirl Petal + throw huuma then 9sp on Lvl 5 KE for a 3 chain combo is a leech attached to your sp bar.

70 DEX <To hit the mid TI mobs [succu/incu] and the damage increase

1 LUK <to be added too later imo.

After this stat build depending on what I was hitting with just eden buffs was damage ranging from 7k-7.5k consistently on trees and bears and 8-8.3k on the random elders.

My gear throughout this whole test:

+9 Witch's pumpkin hat

Alarm Mask

+6 Unfrozen WoE Suit

+5 Double AS Huuma calm mind

+9 FAW ea10 [raydric]

+9 E.Variants [firelock]

RWC Ring STR+3 FS3/3 [KBC]

RWC Pend STR+3 Spell3/3 [KBC]

My gear is mostly ripped off of other chars and I am in the works to hit 110 to enchant the Huuma Swirling Petal, and in the process of creating a special Kage armor. I also swap to a +10 KK CoD + gangster mask when I'm not soloing or need to heal myself. 

FINAL DAMAGE FULLY BUFFED YOU ASK!?!? [using ONLY 9 earth charms as some people forget or don't know, when you use all 10, it changes your Huuma's property and which applies into Swirling Petal damage. Can be great when using the right element]

Aforementioned gear + eden buffs + 9 charms.

A range of Swirl Petal: 9k to 10.5k generally

Kunai Explo: 10k-12k mostly.

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE!!!!

Kunai Explosion DOES take on your Maxed 10 Charm's Property, after clicking 10 earth charms on accident I went and KE'd a tree and did like almost 4k damage. The wiki explains this but in case you didn't know >_>

Anyhow sorry for the not too in depth feel anymore, I got over it. Stupid backspace.

#145 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'm was thinking about a Hybrid build, Magical + Huuma is viable? I gonna start from 0 on iRO this week and thought if this build would be viable? If so, can you guys give me any advice about stats/skills and how to level as NInja?

#146 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

I'm using +5 Kingbird Raksasa Dagger if you want to go Magic+KE. Humma is not advisable because it is two handed wep and has 50 Matk. Raksasa has damage + 100 matk ea. AS Card is the best option. Combo would be BLAZE + Kunai. Solo killing would be Petals/Freezing Spear/Wind. Kunai Splash is optional, depending on the situation.

#147 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

You can easily make up for the number of damage from the 50 matk you lost. It's actually decent to magic in-between Swirling Petals.

It's just about the play style, some people would like to KE between Blaze Shields, while I won't say it's not advisable to Flaming Petal/Freezing Spear between Swirling Petals. Blaze Shield can run out of hits, Swirling Petal have much larger AoE than KE.

#148 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

Hi guys, question. Does refining huuma / knife gives matk boost (asides from rwc knife)? I'm looking for best way to boost matk while using huuma so I dont have to swap my rwc knife in and out. Also, how does dagger throwing mastery works? Does the atk increase by 30 (at level 10) similar to adding 30 atk to weapon (example huuma calm mind has atk112+30 =142)? I'm actually trying to figure out how important is the dagger throwing mastery and if i should sacrifice some of my magic skills to it.

Pls help me with this.

Thank You.

#149 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

yes refining also raises MATK. but there's no huuma good enough to beat dual dagger MATK.

dagger throwing mastery adds to final damage actually so it's additional flat 30 damage to your damage (say your auto-attack is 1000 then maxing dagger throwing gives you 1030 auto-attack damage)

it IS important tho, because it boosts Kunai Explosion damage quite significantly

#150 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

Masteries are added last in the attack formula. Wich means, they are not boosted by any card you have, only by the skill multiplier, and some additional multipliers if the skill is ranged or cant crit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users