Cart Revolution VS Magnum Break Leveling - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cart Revolution VS Magnum Break Leveling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

so im bout to rebirth my smith but dont wanna go agi route this time, cuz like my other thread says....it sucks ass. does decent enough dmg, but cant flee for -_- and wastes potions like a madman. so this time around imma be leveling like a vit knight. ive been watching alot of lvl 99 blacksmiths using cart rev in TI and the dmg is ridiculously low on it. they do like 800-900 dmg tops. so im thinking of buying a marine sphere card so that i can just use magnum break to mob lvl instead. i also like the mechanics of magnum break alot better then cart rev cuz cart rev is total chaos as far as aiming and mob controlling goes

i plan on using carded weapons with endows. will the magnum break greatly outdmg the cart rev like i think it will or be about the same? ive read that cart rev doesnt even factor in your str or your weapons cards/elements. and has anyone else leveled like this before? i saw a priest doing it recently and it looked dope haha

Edited by killedbytofu, 15 February 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#2 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Cart revo will out dps magnum break anytime, plus it cost less sp to cast cart revo than magnum break. You only need a cart full of items to do decent cart revo damage..

#3 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Cart revo will out dps magnum break anytime, plus it cost less sp to cast cart revo than magnum break. You only need a cart full of items to do decent cart revo damage..

yea but its fixed dmg that maxes out cuz cart can only hold so much. highest ive seen is like 900 dmg cart revo which means you have to cast it more... unless im missing something and people are getting 1-2k dmg cart revs some how...

ive read that cards and endows dont effect it which means you can never up your dmg past the 5000weight max =/. where as magnum would be boosted by your str/cards/endows.

just dont wanna waste 1.3 m to find out that im wrong lol

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

You may find this old thread useful.

http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

I weighed in on this before... cart revolution can do over 3k damage with the right gears. IF you're doing 900, fill the cart, improve your STR, improve your offensive gear. And use an elemental endow or scroll.

With a full cart (8000/8000) cart revolution is simply a normal 250% damage skill with its only quirk being it can't hit ghosts regardless of elemental situation.

Edited by Jaye, 16 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#6 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

ive read that cards and endows dont effect it

In regards to this as Jaye has indicated Endows/Element DO effect the damage done by Cart Revolution.

HOWEVER the damage is forced Neutral at the end so you won't be able to say hit Ghosts. It is an annoying little thing but it does let you increases it's damage so is worth it.

However I must add here that as a Black/Mastersmith it's much much better to level with agi/str/dex imho because of all the super effective buffs they get. The Mobbing/cart rev build is best for alchemists who pretty much suck otherwise.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 16 February 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Its more like its forced neutral (or might be more correct to say non-elemental) when it checks if you can hit an enemy due to 0% mod from elemental comparison, it see the attack as non-elemental and calcs further down as a "miss" and doesn't do the normal damage steps, whereas neutral doesn't do 0% on any other element, so it skips the step where it forces the skill to a "miss" and gets on further in the formula where it actually does regular +/- damage by a % and calcs the element properly. There is something wrong with how the skill is coded where it doesn't check your element proper when calculating the force-miss step. A lot of skills are like this, including Genetic's cart cannon and Kagerou's Exploding Kunai.

I don't really like it when people say the skill is "forced neutral". Because it is rather misleading. Guillotine Fist is forced Neutral. Occult Impaction is forced neutral. Earthquake is forced neutral. Cart Revolution is not.

Its more appropriate to say the skill is bugged and won't ever hit ghost 3-4 monsters.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Cart revolution beats magnum break lvl 3 hands down. You'll only see magnum break do a lot of damage from swordsman characters, because they are using higher than level 3. For non-trans merchants, you will be stuck with magnum break until job 30 or whatever the cart revo quest is though.

Cart revo is pretty decent for blacksmiths as it will still be your best AOE skill (more like your only AOE skill). You can actually endow cart revo for damage boost but it still does miss ghost monsters as mentioned. It's kind of weird, just like cart cannon, where you can endow for more damage but it'll still miss ghosts. You will still level way faster than slow AGI builds killing one monster at a time, but the damage is kind of crappy past 80-90 and you may have to rely on turn ins, get leeched, eden quests, whatever. But this is the case with most classes excluding certain ones like knight, sniper, wiz, etc. And you'll probably want a rudolf hat or witch hat + alarm mask, for cheap healing cuz you will be healing lots when mobbing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users