Homunculus and "Disconected form Server" Problem. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus and "Disconected form Server" Problem.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imleyend

imleyend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well, i dont realy know if it is a bug or not, but i realize that i cant get in certain maps while i have my homunculus ON. When i get in a warp (map warps, not the skill) it gives the "Disconected from Server" message.
For example, if i enter to Eden with my homunculus On, there is like a 70 % of chance of being "Disconected from Server". Same thing when i get in Gramps Turtle dungeon map, or when i Teleport to some town.
So i have to Vaporize my homunculus while i walk by some warp.

#2 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Happened to me also, even more with homunculus + mercenary out. It's much less frequent now that I evolved my homun (to Homunculus S) and I no longer use mercs.

Edited by Banjo03, 19 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Please send a ticket report in with your character name, server and homunculus type and we can try to replicate the error.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Please send a ticket report in with your character name, server and homunculus type and we can try to replicate the error.

Oda, this is an really really old issue.

It happens depending on network conditions, if the homun is doing something while you teleport or change maps, you sometimes get DC'ed. It is strongly dependent on network conditions. On some connections, it happens almost every time, on my connection, I cannot produce the problem even with AI that really tries to trigger it.

The most widely accepted theory is that, because homun actor ID changes when you teleport or change maps, what's happening is that the server is getting a packet sent by the client before teleporting, after the server has moved you and re-spawned the homun with a new actor ID - so it looks like you're trying to control something other than your homun and punitively disconnects you. That's the theory anyway - I can't verify it.

In any case, this issue has been present since the homunculus system has been introduced, and the best anyone has ever offered is to put homun into standby (alt+T) before teleporting or changing maps if this issue effects you.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#5 imleyend

imleyend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

i have already send it as a Ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users