Client Patch - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Client Patch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Can GMs please have or host a torrent for a client patch?

I took a vacation from iRO for 2 years and find it hard + frustrating just to DL the game. I have tried everything including mediafire :(

http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

What went wrong with the MediaFire mirror?

#3 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

After downloading, During "Ragnarok Online Setup" i always get this message:

The cabinet file 'media1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could be a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package.

Retry does now work :(

#4 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

What went wrong with the MediaFire mirror?

This happens in all 3 ways to DL the game from iRO wiki.

#5 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

There is probably a problem with your Internet connection that is causing your downloads to be interrupted. :(

Check the sizes of all of the files that you downloaded from the MediaFire and Ge.tt mirrors and re-download any that are smaller than they should be.

Edited by Axylus, 24 February 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#6 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

There is probably a problem with your Internet connection that is causing your downloads to be interrupted. :(

Check the sizes of all of the files that you downloaded from the MediaFire and Ge.tt mirrors and re-download any that are smaller than they should be.

When i download the media fire version the Part 13 "iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi" when i extract it using winRAR it says its corrupted eventhough the size is still 110,448,874 bytes.

to be exact it says:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\iro\iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi.zip: CRC failed in iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi. The file is corrupt

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy, 24 February 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

When i download the media fire version the Part 13 "iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi" when i extract it using winRAR it says its corrupted eventhough the size is still 110,448,874 bytes.

to be exact it says:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\iro\iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi.zip: CRC failed in iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi. The file is corrupt

Means one or more of the parts you downloaded is corrupted.

Some systems seem to have severe problems with download corruption. This is sometimes caused by viruses, and in other cases, by software that is simply dysfunctional (supposedly NVidia firewall is one example - not sure why someone would trust a graphics card manufacturer to make firewall software).

It is not a problem related to RO if you're having problems with the mediafire download, though. Googling "why are all my downloads corrupt" gets tons of hits - I would start with studying the results of a search like that and see if any of the causes they report apply to your computer.

#8 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Means one or more of the parts you downloaded is corrupted.

Some systems seem to have severe problems with download corruption. This is sometimes caused by viruses, and in other cases, by software that is simply dysfunctional (supposedly NVidia firewall is one example - not sure why someone would trust a graphics card manufacturer to make firewall software).

It is not a problem related to RO if you're having problems with the mediafire download, though. Googling "why are all my downloads corrupt" gets tons of hits - I would start with studying the results of a search like that and see if any of the causes they report apply to your computer.

Thanks for the help Azzy. I downloaded random files from Media Fire just to test things out and it turned out not corrupted. I doubt also that it is my internet or connection since i can play Diablo 3 and SC2 or WoW just fine.

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy, 25 February 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't know what to say then.

The files on mediafire work for me.

#10 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

• Download, extract, and then open SFV Ninja.
  • Choose "file", "add files to list" from the menu bar.
  • Choose the files that you downloaded from the MediaFire and Ge.tt mirrors (hold control to select multiple items).
  • Set the value of the "mode" field (on the tool bar) to "MD5".
  • Press F6 and then wait until the files' hashes have been calculated.
  • Compare the hashes (the values of the cells in the "checksum" column) to those specified in the Archive details section of the instructions page.
  • Re-download any files with differing hashes.

Edited by Axylus, 25 February 2013 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users