[RML] Doppelganger [Mitten] - Monster Encyclopedia Workshop - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RML] Doppelganger [Mitten]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Meow

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

This Thread is listed under Ragnarok Monster Lore
Redirect to Original Thread:http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

Updates:
​03/03/2013 - Removed the tittle from Under construction. Added picture reference and Doppelganger sprites. Added information on Doppelganger dropes ,Location , Fan Fiction and Doppelganger Card.

Ragnarok Monster Lore : Doppelganger Posted Image

Posted Image

Ragnarok Source Posted Image

Doppelganger is a monster or somesort of ghost that reside in Geffen Dungeon. It has the ability to shapeshift into anyone that it bumps to. Not much is known of its origin, but it is suggested that he is just an apparition that was born from human counter reflection. Which means he will always be the total opposite of the real persona. Although most of the time his fighting skills surpass those who he had copied.

Doppelganger is an MVP. He can be seen in Geffenia roaming the dark dungeons.

In the Game, Doppelganger appears to be in Swordsman form and do not posses any ability to copy the player's image. This might be the difficulty in the programming side.

It is also suggested that he retain his form from Roan , the swordsman from Ragnarok the Animation. Although there is no solid proof to support this claim.

Posted Image

Picture reference: http://25.media.tumb...i60go1_1280.jpg

World Fact Posted Image

In the vernacular, "Doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.

In some part of South East Asian Countries, Doppelganger is refered to Hantu Raya or in direct translation - Great (Raya) Ghost (Hantu). The early Malay animism, refers to a supreme ghost or demon that acts as a double for a black magic practitioner.

In Malay folklore, it is a spirit which is supposed to confer the owner with great powers.

In ancient times, the Malay spirituality was a mix of animism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Spirit worship was common and these beliefs persisted in rural areas until the latter half of the 20th century. In the case of Hantu Raya, the owner is said to have formed a pact with demon or inherited it from older generations in the form known as Saka or legacy which is handed on down the generations. In return for the advantages and power, the owner agrees to provide for the ghost and appoints a new owner for it before dying.

According to legend, people who fail to untie their bond with the Hantu will suffer especially during death. Hantu Raya will resemble the look of its owner ever after death and go roaming. People seeing him will assume that the deceased has been brought back to life. It will search for food and new owner at night and goes around haunting people.
Another legend goes that the dying soul will face difficulty in dying and becomes a living corpse or zombie.

In Malay folklore, it is a spirit which is supposed to confer the owner with great powers.

In ancient times, the Malay spirituality was a mix of animism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Spirit worship was common and these beliefs persisted in rural areas until the latter half of the 20th century. In the case of Hantu Raya, the owner is said to have formed a pact with demon or inherited it from older generations in the form known as Saka or legacy which is handed on down the generations. In return for the advantages and power, the owner agrees to provide for the ghost and appoints a new owner for it before dying.

According to legend, people who fail to untie their bond with the Hantu will suffer especially during death. Hantu Raya will resemble the look of its owner ever after death and go roaming. People seeing him will assume that the deceased has been brought back to life. It will search for food and new owner at night and goes around haunting people.
Another legend goes that the dying soul will face difficulty in dying and becomes a living corpse or zombie.

Reference:
http://en.wikipedia....ppelg%C3%A4nger
http://rbo.wikia.com/wiki/Doppelganger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fan Fiction Posted Image

Posted Image

Long ago Doppelganger used to have a master. He was summoned to this world by his master to help him (the master) protect his family. His master's name or identity was long forgotten by time. Although same part of the details are noted in the book of history.

Doppelganger is a demon. He was summoned from the fiend realm by a powerful magic. Doppelganger is a loyal and a high ranking demon. Apparently Doppelganger does not posses any physical appearance , he appears to be formless.

Upon entering the human realm , Doppelganger made a deal with his master, to serve and protect his family but with a cost.

His master's incantation:

From nameless plight we run together
Though death walks surely to my door
My soul ashudder wond'ring whether
Hell's its place forevermore.

Come to me, my darkest keeper
Brother, servant all in one.
Walk among the flock, go deeper,
And wear my form until you're done.

Cackle as you do my bidding,
Damnation's keeper in my soul.
My servitor it's you that's winning,
You'll have my heart, as black as coal.

Unless I redirect you're ire,
trick my kin, my family.
You're presence marks their funeral pyre,
Leave only guilt, my enemy.

My reflection does pronounce me damned,
before you leave me, one more chore.
One monster may forgive another,
Or else who will forever more?

His master was a great swordsman , his skills even surpass some of the greatest warriors. Despite his greatness , he have a lot of enemies. Doppelganger copied his master's skill and physical form , and remain faithful to protect his family.
As years pass , his master come to an age. He was about to die, and the time has come for Doppelganger to be passed on to his family.
But none of his family wanted to bare the curse. Doppelganger was enraged. His final words were :

You fail to redirect my wrath,
Futile little escapade.
And while you choke on life aghast,
You're flesh shall be my masquerade.

Your family would not except me,
My only home's among you're kind
The weak and lustful of the worldly,
You're empty eyes I'll hide behind.

Upon his master's death. Doppelganger was left to roam the Human Realm aimlessly.

by Esalis Mitten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doppelganger Drops

When you killed a Doppelganger , it may drop items (the % means the drop chance or rate):

Oridecon (27%)
Elunium (36.86%)
Broad Sword [2] (2.2%)
Zweihander (1.5%)
Lance (5.5%)
Spiky Band (3.5%)
Full Plate [1] (2.5%)
Doppelganger Card (0.01%)

If the player got MVP sign above the head , it may give items exclusive to the killer (the % means the drop chance or rate):

Blue Potion (60%)
Cursed Ruby (15%)

Doppelganger Card
Posted Image
Enable faster Attack Speed so long as the weapon to which this card is compounded is equipped.

Picture Reference: http://multiply.com/...&nmid=349779236

Doppelganger Location

3@tower(1)
- The Endless Tower

gef_dun02
- Geffen Dungeon F3
Spawn Rate + 1x / 120~130 min

gld_dun02
- Luina Guild Dungeon
Spawn Rate + 1x / 480~490 min

Edited by Esalis, 03 March 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#2 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

i am from Malaysia, and i agree with u regarding the history of the Doppelganger/Hantu Raya, and it was the most common ghost story/legend we ever heard, told and passed to generations till now. Luckily the practice have degraded alot alongside the coming of new age and the massive development in rural and city area.
Great story, mitten. Thanks

#3 GP02A

GP02A

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Based on Japanese RPG I used to play before, they have different version of doppelganger. You might want to check it up.

#4 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Kewl lore sir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users