(Free) Anti-Lag program - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

(Free) Anti-Lag program

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I will repost this since people are still complaining of lag (but hopefully, the failed to connect server issue gets fixed soon)

Lowerping Beta Download:(Its free, for now)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ta download&l=1

From my experience, this has been a life saver. I can freely move around now, especially in eden.
If you are experiencing lag (especially Eden), try to use this program

Original Thread:
http://forums.warppo..._1#entry1204646

Other Free software: Leatrix Latency Fix
http://www.wowinterf...LatencyFix.html

Edited by mikeberserkr, 06 March 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#2 TruffleWaffle

TruffleWaffle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

@Gravity, how about fix the lag that's being plaguing the game for years. this is the only game i know that requires programs like lowerping to play effectively.

#3 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

WoE lag and normal lag isn't the same. WoE lag is the packets your computer sending is falling behind with what is actually happening, causing people to freely move on their own without pressing buttons. It's the worst when you're doing multiple things at once ex. potting and snapping.

Normal lag is easily countered by wtfast and lowerping.

#4 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Except since the merge, there's been lag that LowerPing doesn't stop. I use it and I still lag quite a lot.

#5 DarkSpiritX

DarkSpiritX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

i cant use lowerping.. zzzzz

#6 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I know a lot of people that can't use LowerPing.
Forcing us to use an anti-lag program isn't an effective solution, especially when the bulk of the lag has nothing to do with a networking issue (that LowerPing would solve). Not everyone can use them and LowerPing Beta isn't always going to be free. It's a beta. Once it's out of Beta... yeah.

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

If you are having outside of WoE lag, please post tracerts captured when the lag is at its worst for you. If there are lots of dropped packets when the connection reaches our ISPs servers we can definitely report.

#8 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I can never tell if lowerping beta is working. I tried the wtfast free trial, and it works, but it doesn't speed up my game where I live. It actually lags more sometimes.

All I wanted was for monsters to appear in the right spot on the screen, so whatever. My game plays fine other than that without such software.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I can never tell if lowerping beta is working. I tried the wtfast free trial, and it works, but it doesn't speed up my game where I live. It actually lags more sometimes.

All I wanted was for monsters to appear in the right spot on the screen, so whatever. My game plays fine other than that without such software.

Performance proxy services do not effect position lag, only network lag (including lag spikes).

The tcp delay change aka leatrix latency fix helps position lag a little, but there isn't a way to really get rid of it. With practice in RO, you will learn to see where you and the monsters actually are - IMO that's one of the skills that separates good players from mediocre ones.

#10 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Performance proxy services do not effect position lag, only network lag (including lag spikes).

The tcp delay change aka leatrix latency fix helps position lag a little, but there isn't a way to really get rid of it. With practice in RO, you will learn to see where you and the monsters actually are - IMO that's one of the skills that separates good players from mediocre ones.

it's not always possible. Sometimes I overbrand and it hits them, and sometimes it doesn't. I just have to guess a different direction before I die if it didn't initially work..

#11 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

i think its lame that youve got to pay for something else to reduce lag when youre paying for a vip subscription :<

i sooo wanna go to woe, but its jus not worth it for me to wake up to faceplant on the keyboard cos of the freaking lag :@ :@

#12 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

lowerping beta is free

#13 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

If you are having outside of WoE lag, please post tracerts captured when the lag is at its worst for you. If there are lots of dropped packets when the connection reaches our ISPs servers we can definitely report.

Does the support staff know what to do with tracerts yet?
I've also done this previously. Nothing stood out as particularly bad to you, I even sent a tracert from when the server was crashing and it wasn't much different from the normal, non-crashing one.

This has been a very bad, highly reported issue since the merge. Valkyrie didn't have the issues despite its higher player count and supposedly inferior hardware. What has changed that could be potentially negative, Oda? I think you told me the massive database size isn't a potential cause, right?

@KamiKali: It isn't always going to be in beta to be free. Some people are also reporting they can't use LowerPing.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 05 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#14 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

With practice in RO, you will learn to see where you and the monsters actually are - IMO that's one of the skills that separates good players from mediocre ones.

and with duct tape and some gum you can fix a busted exhaust valve in a car..............

my point? its a ghetto bandaid to fix a problem that should be properly fixed. i cant seriously believe a moderator is telling people that positioning lag is perfectly acceptable and that they are mediocre players for not mastering it

so many facepalms ><

Edited by killedbytofu, 05 March 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#15 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

and with duct tape and some gum you can fix a busted exhaust valve in a car..............

my point? its a ghetto bandaid to fix a problem that should be properly fixed. i cant seriously believe a moderator is telling people that positioning lag is perfectly acceptable and that they are mediocre players for not mastering it

so many facepalms ><

What I'm more concerned about is this topic being stickied. This just kind of proves to the people that HAVE had lag issues lately since the merge that it won't get fixed (any time soon), because Oda isn't listening to the part where the people say that they're still having lag spikes with LowerPing/WTFast.

This isn't a new issue, it's not underreported or only happening to a few people, it's been reported since the merge in mid-December. Something went wrong. I still say it's the massive database size despite what Oda told me (that it isn't), because otherwise I don't see how a lower player-count server with better hardware and the same ISP is so laggy, unless somewhere in the story something was lied about (cheaper hardware/ISP).

Edited by MrTyranitar, 06 March 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#16 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

@Gravity, how about fix the lag that's being plaguing the game for years. this is the only game i know that requires programs like lowerping to play effectively.

Game or server? I'd say the server..

#17 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

For me, Leatrix Latency Fix works amazingly well and it's completely free:

http://www.wowinterf...LatencyFix.html

#18 Opethian

Opethian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Classic

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

it's not always possible. Sometimes I overbrand and it hits them, and sometimes it doesn't. I just have to guess a different direction before I die if it didn't initially work..

Just posting this in case you didn't already know about Overbrand's weird AoE. You pretty much have to be standing directly facing the mob for it to work (kind of annoying imo).

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Overbrand

Edited by Opethian, 06 March 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#19 Opethian

Opethian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Classic

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Am I supposed to pick a server close to me, or WP? And how do I know which one is closest to me/the best ._.?

Pick one close to WP. Keep trying different ones 'til you find the one with the lowest ping.

edit; O, it got deleted, guess you figured it out on your own hehe.. I'll leave it here in case anyone else wants to know I guess.

Edited by Opethian, 06 March 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Am I supposed to pick a server close to me, or WP? And how do I know which one is closest to me/the best ._.?

You're supposed to pick one that you have a good route to, and which has a good route to gravity.

You can tracert the servers (they have a list of the IP addresses on the site) to see which ones you have good routes to, however, they do not provide a way to get the second critical piece of information (you want to do a tracert from the lowerping server to gravity).

So it's a matter of trial and error (though you can rule out any that you get a crap route to).

That's one of the reasons I run my own performance proxy... If any lag sneaks through (which it almost never does, except for WoE lag, which is gravity's problem), and my trace to the proxy is clean, I can ssh to my proxy and start investigating.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#21 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

You're supposed to pick one that you have a good route to, and which has a good route to gravity.

All other things being equal, you want one with the lowest ping to Gravity.

You can tracert the servers (they have a list of the IP addresses on the site) to see which ones you have good routes to, however, they do not provide a way to get the second critical piece of information (you want to do a tracert from the lowerping server to gravity).

http://www.us.ntt.ne.../looking-glass/ usually provides a good estimate (set router to "Los Angeles, CA - US").

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

http://www.us.ntt.ne.../looking-glass/ usually provides a good estimate (set router to "Los Angeles, CA - US").

Neat!

#23 Erwin6060

Erwin6060

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

i have the same issue.. lagging so bad n i cant even moving. But it only happening with my sniper, my alts is fine tho.. so its weird.. does some know why? :thx:

#24 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Is there a free Anti-Crash program?

#25 Ambur

Ambur