Can't change destination folder in installer - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't change destination folder in installer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akopyan

Akopyan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Just downloaded the client. I run short on space on my C disk (used only for windows files storaging, only 1 gb of space is free). I try to change the destination folder to my main disk with free space on it, but it won't let me. It shows that it will install the game to disk D (15 gb free space), but after I press the INSTALL button, it shows me the same message, over and over again, that I am short on space.
Is it my PC? My system can't handle the .msi type istallers?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

It's going to install it to the location you specified, but it doesn't have enough space for the temporary files created during the installation process.

Microsoft Installer packages (.msi) use the windows temp folder (located on the drive windows is installed to, by default) for temporary storage during installation.

Ragnarok Online requires I think 3gb of temporary space for the installation process - more than the amount of space it takes up after installation on the drive you actually install it to. These files are removed after the installation, but that doesn't help if you don't have space to make them in the first place.

You can either change the location of the windows temp folder, or free up more space on the drive with your windows temp folder on it.

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

You could also perform a manual installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users