Can't open the game - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't open the game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

Trying to open RO first time just after installing it on my windows 7 machine, and this is what happens;

click on RO >Patcher window appears.>click on start> RO setup window pops up>adjust settings and click on OK > asks me if i want to save this setup > window is closed and another setup window is opened instead of game.

Having adjustments set to default does not help, hell even cancel button does not help. Whatever i do, it ends with a new setup window popping up.Even if i end the process through task manager, just another setup window pops up.

Any idea what this is all about?

Edited by zefram, 16 March 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#2 Javsy

Javsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

try to right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". Save the changes in the setup and run RO as admin again.

You need to run the game as admin everytime you play. I'm assuming you've installed the game at an admin-restricted folder ( like c:\program files).

If you don't want to right-click the shortcut everytime you open it, go to the RO installation folder and find Ragnarok.exe, right click -> properties -> compatibility tab -> tick "Run this program as an administrator". This way you'll be running the game as admin everytime you click it.

#3 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Oh yes it works, thank you !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users