what do you want to see from gravity in the next three months? - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

what do you want to see from gravity in the next three months?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine 4lyfe

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

this thread is for people who want to post positive criticism on the game which we all find amazing, and we keep coming back.personally I think fixing the math of the reinforcements, there is no way at 85% success chance should fail 7 times in a row on two items in 20 minutes. a few other bugs I think are in need of a fix is the polygon holes when dashing so you get stuck in the environment, also I would love to see a fix on the complete lack of lant from questing and normal mobs with the inflated ingame currency. please post yours here. just to make sure you are heard. a big one for me would also to see way more in game presence of mods of any real form. am I the only one who want to see this game go back to its hay day?

#2 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

• Party settings improvements: Fix roll and random system, actually sucks. Add more options for exp distribution, like select who receive exp or not. Add options for loot on pets too, which items you want collect or not.
  • Fix some bugs: Dash bug, chat bug, pb bug, pots bug (usable in red state) I think are the most important.
  • About no pots update: Make pots usables in pve when you have a GvG active. Actually you cant and the few guilds who still doing wars are forced to stop them.
  • New TD/PD: For players 80+, perhaps in crescent.
  • Make all dungeons closed instances: ST, DP, AT.
  • establish a level range for the PK system: Now you have a lot of 85+ players killing ppl 20 levels down, thats is stupid.
  • Improvements on GvG: prevent guild vs alt guild war somehow and make better or new rewards. I think guilds should have a difference. Smallest should not have the same bonus than biggest. Most active and big guilds should be strongest.
  • make something about hacks! :angry:

#3 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

• Party settings improvements: Fix roll and random system, actually sucks. Add more options for exp distribution, like select who receive exp or not. Add options for loot on pets too, which items you want collect or not.
  • Fix some bugs: Dash bug, chat bug, pb bug, pots bug (usable in red state) I think are the most important.
  • About no pots update: Make pots usables in pve when you have a GvG active. Actually you cant and the few guilds who still doing wars are forced to stop them.
  • New TD/PD: For players 80+, perhaps in crescent.
  • Make all dungeons closed instances: ST, DP, AT.
  • establish a level range for the PK system: Now you have a lot of 85+ players killing ppl 20 levels down, thats is stupid.
  • Improvements on GvG: prevent guild vs alt guild war somehow and make better or new rewards. I think guilds should have a difference. Smallest should not have the same bonus than biggest. Most active and big guilds should be strongest.
  • make something about hacks! :angry:

Party settings improvements: would be nice to set a REAL class roll for the dropped items in dungeons, so if sth drops for Mystic/Saker only that class is able to roll, if they're not present the system could set it for ffa (works perfect in T*r*)

About no pots update: they simply could make it like PlayerA attacks PlayerB = both Players r unable to pot

New TD/PD: badly needed

new lvl of Metulla Mountain mobs: 90+ lvl and 19k exp + barely 1k lants (with prem + pet + 100% lant scroll!!!) + -_-ty random drops, change exp + drops !

minor visual bug: Reaper's Embrace Shoulders --> if the char wears a staff it goes through the shoulders (not sure about other weapons) but could be fixed aswell

quality isnt that great but it shows the bug Posted Image

Edited by ThreeTimes6, 19 March 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#4 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Party settings improvements: would be nice to set a REAL class roll for the dropped items in dungeons, so if sth drops for Mystic/Saker only that class is able to roll, if they're not present the system could set it for ffa (works perfect in T*r*)

About no pots update: they simply could make it like PlayerA attacks PlayerB = both Players r unable to pot

New TD/PD: badly needed

yes agree completely with all of these but I think making st, at and dp is not necessary it takes away from the whole horror aspect of the game, grind at your own risk. imo if you have issues with pk in a horror based game go play rose. I want bug fixes and more content the 80+ PD is an awesome idea, also I do believe a roll/raid system would fix the current ninjas situation. the only issue I have is that the number of rads or prots in game is minimal its something that should be addressed later.

not sure why it keeps double posting

Edited by edaw6282, 19 March 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#5 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

fudd you have been here as long as I have what is your most important addition to the game?

#6 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Compliment Sandwich:
-The addition of AoS was great, the gear is fairly nice.

X-It is entirely unfair for the people who have worked hard to hit level 90 to be penalized so harshly on drops/lant. As a level 84 mystic I used to be able to pull 3-4kk lant from one solo JS run which took about 20 minutes during a 100% lant event with a 100% lant scroll and premium. At level 85 the mobs in JS drop much less lant and about half of them (the lv 74 mobs) dont even give any drops whatsoever. Most of us took to farming Alban Treasure Dungeon because the mobs (lv 85) and boss generally all give drops. These drops however are much less respectively compared to JS. At lvl 85 farming TD was a reasonable solution to being capped and being able to receive decent lant. At lvl 90 however the drops are rubbish in TD and the boss (drante) rarely even drops lant. During times outside events, as a capped player, I would often camp ST and hunt juggers however now at level 90 even with premium, guild bonus, level 10 pet, lant scroll, and all the hopes in the world, only one out of three juggers actually drop lant for me when I solo them, yes one in three.

-Level cap at 90 is great for pvp and the added skill pts are nice.

X-A realistic short-term fix to the farming problem (because I would never even try to ask for a new map or new content with a straight face) is a new treasure dungeon and premium dungeon dropped into either Roundel or Valdes on the Crescent map. MANY of the high end farmers such as myself have abandoned the game since we get virtually nothing from farming even though we are in the top tier in both level and gear. Also the level of jugger nut needs to be raised so even lvl 90 toons get drops and the frequency of its spawn needs to be increased since we have merged servers.

-PK is actually pretty fun and it provides opportunities for conflict resolution (however I feel certain areas should be exempt so that noobs don’t get massacred since this game is already struggling and plancy is still a fairly low level harbor)

X-The issue of SvS needs to be resolved one way or another, making game content (SvS rewards and Treasure dungeon which both require SvS points) unavailable to people is not a prudent move and it needs a fix. Some have proposed a temporary solution where we are able to convert large amounts of Theme Battle points into SvS points, this seems reasonable. Ultimately I would really prefer to see SvS return even if (yes this sounds stupid) it is only Trifri Vs Trifri (that’s still a server vs a server right). I would like to be able to SvS Nova when they get up to par. This suggestion also ties into the aforementioned problem with higher lvls and the inability to farm lant because treasure dungeon requires SvS points to enter (outside the daily quest) and that also limits your community.

-Um new foc sets are cool for some people maybe? As a way to circumvent the difficulty of raiding? Idk.

End Sandwich

#7 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

...because treasure dungeon requires SvS points to enter (outside the daily quest)...

would help already if they make Lord300 event or sth like that again, but I think we expect too much already ^^

#8 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

would help already if they make Lord300 event or sth like that again, but I think we expect too much already ^^

This would help for sure, I personally have thousands of points left on different toons and have about 20,000 or so points left in coupons from the last round of pumpkins. The problem with your proposal however is that in order for people to be able to access that game content they would need to be logged into the game during the Lord300 event. When I made that suggestion I wasnt talking about myself, I have plenty of resources to get as many points as I need but even the casual player should be able to be offline during an event and still be able to access basic content such as SvS rewards.

#9 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Compliment Sandwich:
-The addition of AoS was great, the gear is fairly nice.

X-It is entirely unfair for the people who have worked hard to hit level 90 to be penalized so harshly on drops/lant. As a level 84 mystic I used to be able to pull 3-4kk lant from one solo JS run which took about 20 minutes during a 100% lant event with a 100% lant scroll and premium. At level 85 the mobs in JS drop much less lant and about half of them (the lv 74 mobs) dont even give any drops whatsoever. Most of us took to farming Alban Treasure Dungeon because the mobs (lv 85) and boss generally all give drops. These drops however are much less respectively compared to JS. At lvl 85 farming TD was a reasonable solution to being capped and being able to receive decent lant. At lvl 90 however the drops are rubbish in TD and the boss (drante) rarely even drops lant. During times outside events, as a capped player, I would often camp ST and hunt juggers however now at level 90 even with premium, guild bonus, level 10 pet, lant scroll, and all the hopes in the world, only one out of three juggers actually drop lant for me when I solo them, yes one in three.

-Level cap at 90 is great for pvp and the added skill pts are nice.

X-A realistic short-term fix to the farming problem (because I would never even try to ask for a new map or new content with a straight face) is a new treasure dungeon and premium dungeon dropped into either Roundel or Valdes on the Crescent map. MANY of the high end farmers such as myself have abandoned the game since we get virtually nothing from farming even though we are in the top tier in both level and gear. Also the level of jugger nut needs to be raised so even lvl 90 toons get drops and the frequency of its spawn needs to be increased since we have merged servers.

-PK is actually pretty fun and it provides opportunities for conflict resolution (however I feel certain areas should be exempt so that noobs don’t get massacred since this game is already struggling and plancy is still a fairly low level harbor)

X-The issue of SvS needs to be resolved one way or another, making game content (SvS rewards and Treasure dungeon which both require SvS points) unavailable to people is not a prudent move and it needs a fix. Some have proposed a temporary solution where we are able to convert large amounts of Theme Battle points into SvS points, this seems reasonable. Ultimately I would really prefer to see SvS return even if (yes this sounds stupid) it is only Trifri Vs Trifri (that’s still a server vs a server right). I would like to be able to SvS Nova when they get up to par. This suggestion also ties into the aforementioned problem with higher lvls and the inability to farm lant because treasure dungeon requires SvS points to enter (outside the daily quest) and that also limits your community.

-Um new foc sets are cool for some people maybe? As a way to circumvent the difficulty of raiding? Idk.

End Sandwich

as a shammy you have aoe how is there balance for single target chars? even a fully loaded sin is not going to clear as fast as your aoe I love the fact that you brought up svs though as an issue with balance its a perfect example as to how the game needs tweeks

Edited by edaw6282, 19 March 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#10 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

The issue of SvS needs to be resolved one way or another

Ultimately I would really prefer to see SvS return even if (yes this sounds stupid) it is only Trifri Vs Trifri

Agreed, I think is the most important. SvS needs returns.

#11 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Agreed, I think is the most important. SvS needs returns.

agreed we need a way to test our skills/gear

#12 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

as a shammy you have aoe how is there balance for single target chars? even a fully loaded sin is not going to clear as fast as your aoe I love the fact that you brought up svs though as an issue with balance its a perfect example as to how the game needs tweeks

The title of the thread asks for changes you would like to see in the next three months, the issue of melee classes being able to farm has been on the table for years. I also have a capped +30 sin too, the simple fact is that single target classes generally have an edge in pvp and aoe/caster classes have an edge in pve and function mainly as support in pvp. If you want to be able to farm my friend, make an aoe class but dont expect to be able to pk/pvp like melee.

#13 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

The title of the thread asks for changes you would like to see in the next three months, the issue of melee classes being able to farm has been on the table for years. I also have a capped +30 sin too, the simple fact is that single target classes generally have an edge in pvp and aoe/caster classes have an edge in pve and function mainly as support in pvp. If you want to be able to farm my friend, make an aoe class but dont expect to be able to pk/pvp like melee.

sins have the aoe choice too but not even comparable to the scad/cad difference in pve. in pvp yes you have a 7 second scud but scad kills any resists you have if you build def and scad you win even if the char has 80% resists. I guess a sin should be a situational killer but when two classes can detect them whioa. really no ranged stun and every class has a SR stun also idk how I would blance that but its no my job I think personally that being targeted while in stealth defeats the whole purpose of balance

#14 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

sins have the aoe choice too but not even comparable to the scad/cad difference in pve. in pvp yes you have a 7 second scud but scad kills any resists you have if you build def and scad you win even if the char has 80% resists. I guess a sin should be a situational killer but when two classes can detect them whioa. really no ranged stun and every class has a SR stun also idk how I would blance that but its no my job I think personally that being targeted while in stealth defeats the whole purpose of balance

I can kill any shammy in the game before they have the chance to even come close to harming me while im on my sin. I can outlast most sins while on my shammy but the top tier ones will destroy me, which is true for most caster classes. The only aoe classes difficult for sins are defis and druids. Defis are quite easy to kill as long as you know when to retreat and use bow. Druids are, well, somewhat tricky but can still be taken down. The same can also be said for Zerks and WLs vs casters. Ranged melee classes (SR and Ranger) are generally more for support however they can usually get the job done.

Again, I almost always bypass any "suggestion" threads on this forum however since you provided a time constraint, I gave the suggestions which I believe can be resolved within three months while conforming to Gravity's track record of work ethic.

Oh and yes I agree, any class having a stealth detect skill nukes the concept of stealth. My proposed solution to this is either limiting it to something like 10 seconds of stealth detect with 5 min cooldown or a mandatory 2 min of stealth detect when engaged however it will lower the hp of the detector to 1.

Edited by djfree, 19 March 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#15 PaleRose

PaleRose

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Server:ex Hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmerine

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

so you think a well balanced pvp system is when you are overpowered and kill everyone and unbalanced when you have no chance or what? now that's really a selfish perception.

#16 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:trifi, nova

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

After some thought about it I think that all dungeons should be closed instance and for someone to end up in same one as you they should have to be in your party,also some of the higher level dungeons need a tweak on the damage the mobs do, especially if there not bosses. Say if someone could solo farm ET regular mob's, that would solve some problems, or if you got more lant from ST mobs as the lant amount is pathetic.
Cresent map issue's, mobs to strong and drop rate sucks, deadly need to spawn say during the nightmare hour and should spawn like the terrifying do, So one can actually farm the nightmare items one needs to be able to make the nightmare stuff, and not take years to accomplish this goal.
As some people have said there is lack of radiants and protectors in game, this could be fixed with some sort of channel at the begin of game where you can turn pk on or off. As I ain't gonna pay for the pk protections stuff, so I can go level my rad or prot that I have, or any of my other toons for that matter,

Reinforce and enchant say above 70% needs to succeed more then it does, as well as the compounding needs to succeed more as I have tried to compound without the 40% event there is hardly now way to do it as almost every item fails to compound.

Edited by Daniels1976, 20 March 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#17 PaleRose

PaleRose

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

After some thought about it I think that all dungeons should be closed instance and for someone to end up in same one as you they should have to be in your party,also some of the higher level dungeons need a tweak on the damage the mobs do, especially if there not bosses. Say if someone could solo farm ET regular mob's, that would solve some problems, or if you got more lant from ST mobs as the lant amount is pathetic.
Cresent map issue's, mobs to strong and drop rate sucks, deadly need to spawn say during the nightmare hour and should spawn like the terrifying do, So one can actually farm the nightmare items one needs to be able to make the nightmare stuff, and not take years to accomplish this goal.
As some people have said there is lack of radiants and protectors in game, this could be fixed with some sort of channel at the begin of game where you can turn pk on or off. As I ain't gonna pay for the pk protections stuff, so I can go level my rad or prot that I have, or any of my other toons for that matter,

Reinforce and enchant say above 70% needs to succeed more then it does, as well as the compounding needs to succeed more as I have tried to compound without the 40% event there is hardly now way to do it as almost every item fails to compound.

this server won't handle channels at the current state since not stable enough.
people keep randomly dc'ing already like that. Not sure about Nova server never been there.
but I think Alteris somewhere has announced that we will have server upgrates 'soon'.
maybe in 5 years

#18 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

he announces a lot more...

#19 PaleRose

PaleRose

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

always

#20 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

And of course fails to bring them uptodate as requiem is far behind on the development seeing where some others are at now.

#21 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Feels to me like money from players is going to improve other games or to someones pocket.

#22 PaleRose

PaleRose

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

are you at work? ;)

#23 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

- Every 2 months a class would be updated and re-balanced. A class in my definition is the Main Job plus the Two sub-Jobs. What we want is the first month, prior to the job change is an in-depth Discussion with the community about the status of the class. It's advantages, disadvantages, fun parts, not so fun parts, where it can improve. We want to do this with input from our Russian partners as well. The 2nd month would be testing and tightening up the class and then release. Rinse repeat with all the other classes.

we are in week 5 now, so we should have seen the skillchanges already or we get them next week

#24 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

quests should have better rewards and more lant

#25 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

k
  • removal of resistances (so free players can deal dmg)
  • def cap reduced to 50 % instead of 80%
  • reduction of block chance to 40-50% instead of 100%
  • reinf grade to 15+
  • removal of def/res itmes (so 1 person cnt have everything capped)
  • reduction of hp/con from weapons
  • better dungs
  • 90 lvl ~~ crap drops for sell with price higher than funny 3k
  • more global lant drop
  • server channels
  • more quests for 80+ lvls
  • armor/weapons from quest rewards (i saw yeserday 84 vl sin in rorgos set lollololo)
probably would add alot more...

Edited by VanillaNinja, 20 March 2013 - 05:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users