Constant client crashes / no client info / program has stopped working - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Constant client crashes / no client info / program has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

This is getting really stupid. I crash the most during WoE, for whatever reason (Gravity errors). And my client also freezes and I get the "this program has stopped responding" when I switch maps and what not.
The gravity errors are completely random and I can't seem to find a reason for it crashing.

Then, to top it all off, I get that no client info spam message when I try to open my client again. I've tried the whole patching classic thing, and even have a client that bypasses the patch server with -1rag1. I still get it.

Any easy fixes for this? I would file a ticket, but some how I feel posting here will be more helpful.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

If still getting the no client info message when starting ragexe directly (via shortcut with -1rag1 command line parameter), it means the patcher has not released it's lock on the file.

Check if you have any patch clients open - you must not have any patch clients open when starting the client this way.

Failing that, a patcher process died uncleanly and is still holding onto the grf from beyond the grave. Reboot to clear it.

It sounds like your client may have generalized problems though. Have you tried uninstalling and doing a clean install? Install to a location outside of program files to minimize future pain.

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#3 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I did a clean install not too long ago. Post-merge I have. I guess I'll do it again and see what happens. I wish I could recall exactly when they started happening. I feel like they all get worse when the server lags, though (during woe). I never have these problems else where.

But thanks. I'll see what happens. ;d

Edited by Azyrk, 23 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#4 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

I just did the full reinstall ( even re-downloaded the client ) and I'm still getting the no-client info spam every time I try to log in.

#5 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Same. It's because Gravity has no idea how to program nor patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users