Download Full Client link not working with Windows 8 + Other Issues. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Download Full Client link not working with Windows 8 + Other Issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I noticed on windows 8 (Using Internet Explorer) the download link will bring up a popup box that quickly disappears. I found a temporary run around by going directly to the FTP server for iRO. The second and third issues are easy fixes. While using the Setup for the game configurations, sometimes it will not show any Graphics card or monitor options, and when trying to run the game it sometimes shows up as a small time box that doesn't fit anything in it. These both are fixed (Somewhat for the setup) by running the program in compatibility mode and as Administrator. I would post FTP address for download but I am not sure if I am allowed to.

#2 Allegrah

Allegrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

nvm

Edited by Allegrah, 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

You're welcome to post the FTP server address. That's what we've been recommending when the other downloads fail.

I don't understand why it's so hard to download normally. They should just link to the FTP server.

There are also download mirrors on the wiki.

We're aware of those problems on Windows 8, and that is why we advise users to run RO in compatibility mode on Windows 8, and as admin on Vista and later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users