Party Invite / Equip Info / Party Configuration Repeating - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Party Invite / Equip Info / Party Configuration Repeating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Something that I've noticed, although I think it started before the other stuff with 4/9/13, is that I get "Allow all party invitations" / "Equipment information not open to the public" along with the party configuration info "Each Take/Party Share" that continually repeats into my chatbox whenever I change maps.

The only way I've found to get that to stop is to turn off the "Regular Message" option on the chat window, but that also turns off some other status stuff that I like seeing (some buffs) along with your vending info when you set up shop. Has anyone else had this problem? And, if so, have you found any way to fix this?

I know I haven't altered my chat window options for a long time, and I noticed that this started happening relatively recently without me doing anything........so I'm assuming it's just something weird going on with the client. Thanks in advance!!

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

I forget what the old behavior was, I thought it did this before,

They may be sending more messages on map change now though - I don't think this is really a bad thing though. It's also possible that you "lost" some of your chat settings. They fiddled with the privileges the client runs with - if you didn't always run the client as admin before, it could now be looking at a different version of the settings file thanks to UAC virtualization.

#3 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hmmm I don't believe so as far as the behavior for the message repeat, since I cannot recall my chat box getting chock full of the above messages before whenever I changed maps.

But you may be correct in that the chat settings (along with others I'm sure) have somehow been altered with the new patches/admin requirement developments. I can just deal for now by turning off regular message and turning back on if I need, although that's not ideal to me. Ah well.

Edited by pikachiquita5, 13 April 2013 - 04:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users