Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

something like this but with the obvious skill of someone that knows how to work with something better than mspaint.... :heh:

Posted Image

This really looks alot better than the current form, BUT it doesn't change the fact that I can't see anything from my original character. The only thing I like in this form is the scarf.

I want to see my character on which I spent time at creating and farming equip >_<

I'm still voting for this one:

I remember Sora's Anti-Form from KHII and it looked wild, yet he still looks like Sora. Maybe that's the kind of look we want?
Posted Image

This is way too sexy :rice:

/Edit:

Secretly, Wolf is Gravity's way of keeping sins in check. If they removed it/changed it for the better, the server'll be full of "lul assan so kewl ma DPS 9999 crit nub"

Basically, it puts off people to promote variety.

I can't agree with this. There are many games (e.g. wow) in which classes have cool transformations. This isn't about making the Sins as sexy as possible to make everyone play Sin. We just don't want to look at a weird and bad looking dog for 95% of our time. Many people want to see their own character. You spent time in the character creation as well, don't you?

Edited by Mondaiji, 18 May 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#52 MagnusMKI

MagnusMKI

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationJersey
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I love my demon crawling stealth wolficorn! .........

In all seriousness, an aura or something of the like would be great. Kinda wanted to do the "Penguin in a Tuxedo Assassin" kind of thing, but that doesn't look like it will happen ATM

#53 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Tbh, having Shadow Form all crappy and not showing your character is just damaging sales on Kafra costumes. Assassins won't be spending money on stuff they never see. The devs should think about that for a bit...

#54 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Shadowform needs a toggle to where we can see our characters. No overwrites. No crazy hooded ninja guy like the above posted. No shadow sora. No shadow unicorn werewolf. Just the dude I made. That's it.

#55 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Unless I get some solid evidence that there will be a toggle option, I am just going to delete my assassin to remake it into a rogue. I wanted to really play assassin because the gear looked cooler, the weapons look cooler, and I absolutely loved playing SinX in RO1 but I just CAN'T STAND SHADOW FORM. I'm just gonna spend a lot of money on the Kafra Shop to avoid the super fur love look the rogue has. I can't do it, staring at that unicorn wolf and the million clones of it. :wah:

Also I concur with the above poster, I made my character or a reason, not to be forced to look at some pre-generated.... :pif:

Edited by FenrisF, 25 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#56 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

Why delete your assassin - unless you already have 9 characters and saving the last spot for the new race :wah:

#57 Terojo

Terojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I like the idea on turning on some sort of beast/creature more than being just "transparent" but....yes, this design is too ugly. At first I found it funny, but you get eventually quite tired of it.

#58 nights11

nights11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

assassins are unicorny dog-morphs, so they looks like unicorny dog-morphs. whats a problem?

#59 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

assassins are unicorny dog-morphs, so they looks like unicorny dog-morphs. whats a problem?

You never played RO1.

#60 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

yeah

Posted Image

#61 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Shadow form would be more bearable if at least the assassin bothered to do a kamen rider pose
Posted Image

In all seriousness, seeing shadow form for the second time was kinda disappointing. The "edgy cool" look of assassins was a staple of RO1 and now it's completely gone.
Beastmasters are in a similar predicament, but at least they can perform a silly dance. And they deserve it for replacing bard/dancer.

Edited by Nereida, 26 May 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#62 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Q: Any change to the Assassin's Shadow Form?
A: "I've definitely been looking at the submissions that people have been posting on the forum, through the Proposal and Suggestions forum, and I've brought that up to the development team. Um... those screenshots that you guys have taken, of what you would prefer, or the, uh, photo-editing you guys have done to kind of give us an idea of what you're looking for really do help so, please, do keep submitting those... for Shadow Form or anything else you think should have changed."

So whoever made that hooded ninja edit has hurt us. They just want to give us another replacer, instead of letting us see our damned characters. Thanks for that!

#63 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

^Hey anti-sora looks kind of cool, at least we get our char shape back. :p_laugh: Anyways anything besides the current form please. Lore wise doesn't that mean we're even more pathetic than the RO1 assassins, who literally just relied on their training to take down enemies in a snap? Makes us seem pathetic.

Edit: Just look at Eremes, doesn't need to turn into some unicorn dog to give an entire group of geared and trained people a hard time. That's how an assassin should be.

Edited by FenrisF, 26 May 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

In that case, I'm not touching any of the shadow form skills on my assassin. It's bad enough I can't make a dagger sin on here. I'm not covering up my sin with a stupid wolf thing.

#65 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

In that case, I'm not touching any of the shadow form skills on my assassin. It's bad enough I can't make a dagger sin on here. I'm not covering up my sin with a stupid wolf thing.

Switch to Rogue then because your Assassin is going to suck bad.

#66 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

I remember Sora's Anti-Form from KHII and it looked wild, yet he still looks like Sora. Maybe that's the kind of look we want?
Posted Image

something like this but with the obvious skill of someone that knows how to work with something better than mspaint.... :heh:

Posted Image

Okay, so here is my thought on the subject; find a way to make everyone happy.

Honestly, a hood and an aura were two things I thought about before even reading the arguments of this topic. A hood that is a costume (when in the form) that can be toggled on/off. The entire form below the neck can stay as-is, but when the hood is not on, the HUMAN form (with all current headgears) would be visible. Also, the hood would cast a shadow over your face, and your eyes would be red while in the form (regardless of wearing hood or not, you'd have red eyes). ALL of your gear would be visible while in this form (except weapons), as would your head. You would also be semi-transparent (around 70-90% opacity), and have a smokey aura around you. This is what I had in my head, but the thing is, I can't find any other image other than the one above to work with all of this. I guess I could find someone to screenshot in game later, but right now, I've got nothing to work with to actually visually demonstrate everything I mean.

Right now, our only real customization is our armor, and everything above our neck on our character's physical form (and voice, name, and choosing class/profession). Pretty much everything else is given to us, so honestly, if the armor (and our body from the neck up) was allowed in the form, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal for everyone.
Point is, though, with those things, you could satisfy everyone.

+Toggle on/off hood (to you, and everyone else).
+Complete form.
+Armor covers form (except hands, and weapons do not show).
+Entire form (except aura, red eyes, and semi-transparency) can be toggled on/off (to you and everyone else).
+Semi-Transparency would not be the same as being invisible, meaning you'd be seen by all monsters/characters while in this form unless you go invisible.

Then again, these are just my thoughts. I don't expect anyone to accept any of it. XD

#67 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

How about a toggle with no cover up graphic at all, where you just see your character? Someone's post references the literal ghost Eremes Guile who died in experimentation and then someone else wants to just give you a different cover up and take away your weapons, but this doesn't address the actual problem - assassin isn't a transformer class. People who played RO1 remember him pretty well, I imagine.

You guys want a cover up? Fine, I don't care. But give us a toggle to turn it off. Your cover ups are not what my class is about at all. You wanna cover the weapons? One of the most exotic traits of the assassin is the use of katar and claw weapons! Found a really bad ass claw weapon with a model you really like? Well under the other guy's system, too damn bad. You have default claw weapons that you share with everyone!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No wolves. No hooded guy. No shadow sora. Just assassins.

Edited by 9107130514053412363, 27 May 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Switch to Rogue then because your Assassin is going to suck bad.

I can deal with that, my dagger sin in RO sucks, too.

#69 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

When will people learn looks aren't everything in a game? Just the other day people argued with me in-game about Ro2 not having the best graphics, which they claim they don't care about, Ok? I agree that these are great suggestions but the fact that changes need to be made in the first place to accommodate some payers visual needs is funny as nobody's business to me. I still don't understand why the phantom cape was so expensive, it's mainly for looks because people wanted to look like an Asian anime star... if I'm not mistaken. In colo, there's a lot of benefits to being in shadow form, people can't tell which sin is who, the element of surprise, unless you're trying to find your sin friend because your teaming up in colo.... in which case someone should tell you colo is a Free-For-All type of PvP. Personally, I love my sin, in whatever form it may be, if it looks Alien most of the time so be it! For those arguing about personal opinion, this is not Ro1 or McDonalds, lol.

#70 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

You're comparing graphics engines to the ability to see the character we created. Very different ideas. Also, not everyone PVPs. You want a PVP bonus of not being identifiable against your own class? Play a Beast Master.

Edited by 9107130514053412363, 27 May 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

When will people learn looks aren't everything in a game? Just the other day people argued with me in-game about Ro2 not having the best graphics, which they claim they don't care about, Ok? I agree that these are great suggestions but the fact that changes need to be made in the first place to accommodate some payers visual needs is funny as nobody's business to me.

So you're saying everyone who rolls an Assassin shouldn't bother buying costumes or anything to dress up their characters since Shadow Form basically overwrites their character with a dumb wolf thing. Unlike you, not everyone wants to play a character that looks like everyone else. In RO1, that's unavoidable due to the nature of the sprites, but here in RO2 where we have more freedom to differentiate our characters, Shadow Form is pretty much a slap in the face.

#72 cameron11691

cameron11691

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

How about a toggle with no cover up graphic at all, where you just see your character? Someone's post references the literal ghost Eremes Guile who died in experimentation and then someone else wants to just give you a different cover up and take away your weapons, but this doesn't address the actual problem - assassin isn't a transformer class. People who played RO1 remember him pretty well, I imagine.

You guys want a cover up? Fine, I don't care. But give us a toggle to turn it off. Your cover ups are not what my class is about at all. You wanna cover the weapons? One of the most exotic traits of the assassin is the use of katar and claw weapons! Found a really bad ass claw weapon with a model you really like? Well under the other guy's system, too damn bad. You have default claw weapons that you share with everyone!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No wolves. No hooded guy. No shadow sora. Just assassins.

See, this guy knows what he's talking about. I like his opinions by far the most. A simple toggle off would be perfect for me.

#73 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

If you agree with my suggestion, I'd ask you go to the unofficial poll and one up my post. Thanks!

http://forums.warppo...ost__p__1353130

#74 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

If the developers won't change the Assassin job change quests, then I'd be fine if they implement a special Assassin-exclusive quest where we can exorcise the shadow fiend and have our skill points refunded so we can spend it on replacement non-Shadow Form skills.

#75 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

The job change quest doesn't even have to change. The shadow were wolf unicorn doesn't have to be a physical manifestation - it's just the source of the shadow powers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users