Holding a button down creates lag? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Holding a button down creates lag?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Never happened before. Don't know if it could be my graphics card or some kind of other underlying issue, but it just started recently and only happens to RO. Anyone have any ideas what it may be? Only lags when I hold any button down, once I let go, the lag goes away?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

What button?

Mouse buttons? Keyboard buttons? "buttons" displayed on the screen that you click on?

I've seen issues with lag when moving the mouse, but not while pressing buttons.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 April 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#3 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Similar thing happens on my laptop.While my equipment window is open, it looks like im lagging,except im not really.It looks more like my graphic processor having really tough times rendering game, only when my equipment window is open.Weird stuff.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Wierd.

I often see the game lag horribly (local machine lag, like zefram said) when moving the mouse. If I exit the RO client and reopen it, it will usually behave itself. I think RO does unspeakable things with the mouse - there are just so many sorts of odd behavior exhibited in relation to it (this, the losing the mouseclick on mapchanges, the mess with mouse exclusivity/freedom)

#5 aurasphere

aurasphere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

If by "holding a button down" you meant "using a skill via the shortcut", then maybe it's the skill that causes lag.

Grimtooth is one skill that can cause horrible lag on self upon spamming it.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Depends what kind of lag they're talking about.

Lots of skills will cause position lag (which isn't really lag - it's a flaw in how actor positions are communicated to the client) - but I got the impression that that's not the kind of lag the other posters are talking about. Certainly zefram is describing local machine lag manifesting in the form of greatly reduced frame rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users