How to change the Game Font! - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to change the Game Font!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

I wish the spacing between characters would be reduced. Right now a lot of stuff is p r e t t y . d i f f i c u l t . t o . r e a d .

Edited by Furin, 20 April 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#27 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'd say probably the biggest issue for me is reading the window when it is translucent is impossibly hard. Otherwise its not so bad. But changing the size and color would be very nice. There is barely any difference between your purple and other purple in party chat as well. Glad to see the font is at least changeable to some degree. So thank you for sharing that.

#28 DevilsEve

DevilsEve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSparta, MI

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think the current fonts are perfect. unlike when I first logged in I think my resolution size was off and it made everything bigger all the fonts were cluster -_- and huge. so maybe if you want bigger font change your resolution of the game. it may come with blury graphics. but if you have bad eyesight at least you can read now lol

#29 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

I changed my font again to something more legible but it would be good if there was a setting to adjust font size. I was alt tabbed checking stuff on my browser and I didn't notice that someone was talking to me until I was clicking the options button on the menu and saw the message in the small text of the chat log -__-;;

#30 Outrack

Outrack

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Is there any way to separate the font used in the chat log from everywhere else? I don't mind AritaSans being used elsewhere, but it's hard to follow the text sometimes when messages pop up...

#31 Nyaha

Nyaha

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

All of the font options can be changed in RagnarokOnline2\UI\FONT\FontInfo.xml (font size, type), but it's hard to tell which options are for the chat and which are for the rest of the UI. It's not documented, so only trial and error will help us find out -_-

Edited by Nyaha, 04 May 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#32 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

All of the font options can be changed in RagnarokOnline2\UI\FONT\FontInfo.xml (font size, type), but it's hard to tell which options are for the chat and which are for the rest of the UI. It's not documented, so only trial and error will help us find out -_-

I tried doing that before but i couldn't see a difference whenever i changed anything. I dont know why so i just delt with changing the entire interface font to something i enjoyed (i wanted to use more than one kind of font for each thing if it was possible. The font i prefer is actually a bit on the big side in game so i was going to try to change some settings around to either alter things like the chat and quest log to a different font from the interface or just adjust their sizes. I was, however, not able to change anything no matter what i did lol.. so i gave up .-. )

#33 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

As far as I can tell, FontInfo.xml does nothing.

Hell, I even tried changing the kerning of the font manually (to make the chat log more bearable), but the game completely ignores it. In other words, kerning is handled by the game and we need to wait for the update from Gravity Corp. =/

#34 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

^

Exactly what i was afraid of lol...

#35 Nyaha

Nyaha

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Oh.. never mind. I thought that's how I changed the font type (by changing its name in the xml file), I've been fiddling with it for so long, that I must have confused myself >_<
But yeah, kerning is also killing me, I can’t read anything in game and get headache after an hour of playing T_T

#36 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

the larger bold fonts make it easy and nice on the eyes, but the 2 nice ones i found are missing a good many symbols like brackets and stuff :(

has anyone been able to find a nice one yet?

#37 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Here are a few I tried out that aren't completely awful.

Posted Image
Albertus MT

Posted Image
Formal436 BT
(In beta, many things were too long to display completely, but they've abbreviated a lot of things now. Can't check if it's fine now though since I can't log in... Easiest to read out of the bunch though since it's so big.)

Posted Image
Trebuchet MS

Posted Image
Neo Sans

Can't provide a download link since I had them on my computer already. Shouldn't be too hard to find, though.

Edit: Album for direct comparison.

Edited by Furin, 04 May 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#38 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

I would be very happy if someone could suggest a huge font for the main chat window. That mess is super small and goof ball to read in party!

#39 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Would also be nice if you can change the colors of the chat. LFG chat is almost unnoticeable because the coloring is very bad.

#40 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

You can change colours of /1, /2 and /3. In the friends menu, go to the channel tab (or something—can't log in to check) and press on the colour.

#41 ScholarHim

ScholarHim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks a lot.

#42 breadcrmbs

breadcrmbs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

hey guys, if you want your favorite font style to be used in game. you can use this font type converter since most of the cool font are in true type yet the game uses open type - http://www.freefontconverter.com/

hope this helps :)

#43 spazze

spazze

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hey guys,
thank you for info. :thx:
I also wanted to find out how to change damage font.. But seems its not in UI/fonts.. cuz I changed all fonts in that directory and damage font still the same :( may be its even not in ttf format. If somebody finds out how to change DAMAGE font, please pm me :p_laugh:

Edited by spazze, 05 May 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#44 spazze

spazze

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

I've tested some fonts. Result is in spoiler (14 pictures) You can click on it to find out font name in image title.

Spoiler

Edited by spazze, 05 May 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#45 wrastle

wrastle

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Very nice, the font was something that really bothered me.

The one I found to work best is this one: http://www.dafont.com/days.font. Seems to have most special characters too.

It looks like this ingame:
Posted Image

Edited by wrastle, 05 May 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#46 LJDemon

LJDemon

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

anyway to change the font SIZE? i just want it to be bigger, any option to change it without changing my screen resolution? i'm using a big monitor, and its making the chat looks small, most of the time i ignore everything that's there...

#47 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I've tested some fonts. Result is in spoiler (14 pictures) You can click on it to find out font name in image title.

Spoiler

Oh wow, I REALLY like enigmatic_bold. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Posted Image

#48 Moondrop

Moondrop

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

It is possible to change the letter spacing of the font in the chat box?

#49 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hell, I even tried changing the kerning of the font manually (to make the chat log more bearable), but the game completely ignores it. In other words, kerning is handled by the game and we need to wait for the update from Gravity Corp. =/

So no.

#50 Metalphreek

Metalphreek

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

I t o t a l l y a g r e e w i t h t h a t . T h i s s p a c i n g i s j u s t i n s a n e a n d m a k e m y h e a d h u r t l i k e h e l l x _ x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users