• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 crossxfire

crossxfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

This happens when I try to enter or exit an instance. Npcs dissappear, mobs dissappear. Can't log out/exit the area/change channels. I can walk around where I am in my own little world. Same happens when I die in the dungeon too.
Using win 8 64 bit, nvidia graphics card. Here's a video of it

The problem is solved when you force close and log in again but as this video shows, the problem persists at the end of Trauma.

Edited by crossxfire, 20 April 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#2 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

I have the same issue... I've done a lot of troubleshooting to narrow this down.

For documentation purposes:
>after 5 mins+ , if attempt to enter, the Issue happens (everything disappear but chat still runs).
>> for me, I think the chat is not response also.
>> if try to change the channel, sometime, the monsters and NPCs are still exist. To ensure that I have got the problem is try to press 'sit' (my char will never sit but I can move around)

>This will not occur on a fresh logging.
>> yes.

>After force close client and logging in , Error Msg "Character has been login" occurs.
>> I don't get this message if I try to enter a dungeon and completely get no response from the server.
>> I will get the message if I try to force close before go into a dungeon. (I do this because I want to continue the game faster but it's not)

>As of moment it occurs on both Windows 7/8
>> I'm not sure that others have the same problem or not because many users say that they have the same problem but when I look in the details they are different.
>> I use windows 8 pro x64.
>> But I still think that some of windows 7 users have exactly the same problem.

additional information
>> I've try many thing about firewall
- enable rule for everything that involves the game
- even disable the firewall
- run in compatibility mode for Win XP SP3 or Win 7
- run as admin
- port forwarding on my router modem with many ports (7401, 7201 (odd channel), 7202 (even channel), and 7101 (login) also)

#3 crossxfire

crossxfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Well I tried a few of those things. Not tech savvy enough to mess with IPs and ports though :)
- Disabling the antivirus and firewall doesn't work.
- Compatibility modes XP S3 (windows recommended) and win 7 don't work.
- Tried uninstalling my nvidia graphic driver, but the game won't launch.
- Tried reinstalling latest nvidia graphics driver. No luck.

I faced the same issue in RO2 SEA. I thought it was a server/location issue and stopped playing. I waited for this NA server, but I face the same problem all over again. :( I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with the server but its a bug in the game itself and our comp/graphics somehow trigger it.

#4 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I've tried the lowest graphics settings as well... still happens.

When the issue happens here's what you see in the game log... but since it's not a crash or true disconnect there's nothing else in the logs
2013-04-20-10:34:03 =====> Me::UpdateData
2013-04-20-10:35:51 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 0
2013-04-20-10:35:51 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 1
2013-04-20-10:35:51 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 2
2013-04-20-10:35:51 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 3
2013-04-20-10:35:51 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 4

#5 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

http://forums.warppo...69#entry1284269

same issue.

ALL DUNGEON

sometime happens to switch channel, and logout.

Edited by MashiroCandy, 21 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#6 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

I got told by their support that it's an ISP issue, which can't be true... I have a windows 7 laptop I got from my company and installed the game on that and I don't have this issue... so it's clearly not an ISP issue.

note: both pcs were connected to the same router, with the same isp

Edited by crzyblue, 22 April 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#7 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

If it is an ISP issue, why is it possible to access the dungeon right after relog? The problem should be consistent if it is an ISP issue, where you cannot access dungeons at anytime. If it is an ISP issue, why only accessing dungeon doesn't work? Why it is possible that moving from city to the field works? or uses the flying service ( which require loading, from 1 city to another) works?
The fact that this problem might take too long to investigate might delay the launch date, it is simple to blame ISP first and fixing it later. It is quite clear that This problem has to do with Windows 8 itself. On the other side, I played SeaRO2 and has no problem accessing the dungeon at all. I don't have the time to look through wireshark to see what was going on.

by any chance, have you used any latency fix patches? This problem might has to do with enabling TcpAckFrequency.
It might cause the problem

Edited by MashiroCandy, 24 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#8 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hey, I've had this same issue since playing iRO2. I have tried many methods to fix this, none of them work. Same as other people here I've tried it on my laptop under the same ISP and had no issue, this is only on my main computer.

I'm hoping this issue is somehow fixed here, it would be hard playing at 50 if I couldn't do raids or dungeons without constantly having to reload the game.

Using Windows 7 64bit. This is NOT an ISP issue, please fix this!

http://forums.playpa...change-channel/ This is the thread about the issue for SEA, would love for mods here to respond.

Edited by SwiftEdge, 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#9 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I've got a ticket open about this.

#10 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

It is interesting how SEA worked for me while this doesn't. Not sure if I can think of anything to do with the network problem, but I will do some testing when official launches(that is, if they didn't already)

#11 crossxfire

crossxfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

It's not an ISP issue for sure. I'm playing on a laptop and it doesn't matter where I log in from, the problem persists. And no it does not affect regular field to city etc. It's a bug specific to instances. Faced the same problem in culvert dungeon with a party and while to trying to enter/exit the cave to face Priest Reimond.

#12 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Just posting here to say It is NOT fixed.

#13 Minaring

Minaring

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have this issue as well. I did not have this issue during beta, but then again I was on a different computer. I'll try on the computer I was using during beta sometime tonight. I hope it does get resolved soon tho!

Update:

I tried it on the computer I used for beta and it has no issues. I wish I knew what the culprit is!

Edited by Minaring, 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#14 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Bump

#15 oen13

oen13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

At SeaRO2, I partied with someone who keeps getting disconnected every time he switches channels and we were World Boss/Title/Weapon hunting. Not to be mean, but he was kicked cause waiting for him to get back on and off is too much trouble when we want to kill bosses as fast as we can.

I agree that this isn't an ISP issue, since some people are able to play on a different pc (with the same connection) and not get disconnected.

I'm not a computer tekky, so don't really have a solution, but this needs some looking into, since it would suck for people having this issue. Good luck.

#16 Lordvainard

Lordvainard

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

same issue happening here(dungeons)...im sick of it to be honest..when will GM's respond whith a solution??.................... zzzzz

Edited by Lordvainard, 03 May 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#17 Asiren

Asiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Same problem happened to me right after I right-clicked the Purple Orb for the Darkest Memories quest. There are no monsters, no players, no server-wide chats. Even my food effect is stuck at 1 second remaining. I cannot craft and trying to log out the normal way does not work.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

I've also submitted a ticket.

#18 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Inreresting...
I think this thing has been going on for quite a while...

forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/203803-always-stuck-in-dungeon-entrance-exit-and-cannot-change-channel/page__pid__2566606#entry2566606

The topic didn't have a resolution.

#19 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Now we know it is happening in 64bit systems, I'm starting to think there might be some certain program that changed system setting that cause this bug.
I remember that SEA RO2 give me a message asking me to allow this program to go through firewall, while IRO2 didn't.

Edit: this does not seem to be network issue... at all.
I will do a clean re-install of win8(or 7) in the next few days to see if ro2 works.

Edited by MashiroCandy, 04 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#20 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I've seen people with 32 bit windows 7 have this same issue though

#21 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

I do not understand how we can access the dungeon for the first few mins, with no problem at all, but doesn't work after that period of time...

#22 Tigurius

Tigurius

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Same here, this is definitely not an issue on the user's end. And a pretty -_- major bug. I got stuck when loading an instance, had to alt ctrl del to close the game, and now my character is still online (my friends who are still online can see him logged on) and I can't connect to the game. most likely because the server thinks I'm still online.
Now that's just great.

#23 Oceanofstars

Oceanofstars

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have the same issue but for me it was when I tryed changing charather. I also can no longer log in the game just freeze.

#24 Luffy

Luffy

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

My wife and I also have encountered this issue. We have just left a dungeon and we are both still unable to log back in as of 30 mins ago after we had to force shut down the client. After entering login info it just sit there indefinitely.

#25 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Same here. I was just doing the culverts dungeon on normal mode, solo. I had cleared all the way to Golden Thief Bug and had just finished killing him. I got my quest item and was headed back to the npc for the quest. Along the way I could still tab target the "unexpected summons". I had killed all other mobs. I turned in my quest and then tried to run out of the portal but it never warped me out. I could run all the way behind where the portal should be and down the hall. It never warped me out. I thought maybe I missed a mob so I ran back to where the GTB was. Along the way I noticed that all but one of the "unexpected summons" had disappeared. When I ran ontop of the one that was still visible, nothing happened. No monsters would spawn. I ended up ctrl-alt-delete force quitting the program and now cannot login. When I get to the login page and put in my account information, after hitting connect it just sits there indefinitely with the buttons grayed out. I get no error message. It's been about 20 minutes now. What gives :<?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users