[Instance Bug] Losing connection - Page 2 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Instance Bug] Losing connection

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#26 Asiren

Asiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well my game froze in another area, and after I force quit the game, I went off to do some RL stuff. I come back ~1 hour later to find out that I can't login at all. I enter in my username and password on the login screen and then the game is frozen with the buttons grayed out. Maybe my character is still logged in even though I've been disconnected from the servers for about an hour?

#27 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Everyone is experiencing that right now Asiren, however our problem still isn't fixed. I submitted a ticket about it.

#28 Asiren

Asiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

:\ Well, I'm glad to know that the login troubles are probably isolated from the instance issues.

However, it does make me wonder if the instance issues are somehow related to server instability.

#29 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

^ this. I had a friend online at the time I was having my problem and he was still playing fine after I had been bugged out in the instance. I guess they then made a global announcement about 20 mins later about login issues, but he was still able to play for a good bit after that announcement before he got dc'd.

#30 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Just a random question. what keyboard are you guys using? razer by any chance? with synapse2.0?
I noticed something strange but i do not think it relate to this problem...

I think I found some clue on what the bug might be, it is related to skills some how.
I took a look at the log.txt, here is an example of "normal" log:

2013-05-05-03:41:04 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 0
2013-05-05-03:41:04 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 1
2013-05-05-03:41:04 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 2
2013-05-05-03:41:04 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 3
2013-05-05-03:41:04 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 4
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn List ===> Count = 8
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410105
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410201
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410305
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410603
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410701
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 410801
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 412101
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> Skill Learn Index = 412501
2013-05-05-03:41:05 =====> ReceiveMapLoad Map(4) Pos(71.000000,187.000000,41.000000)
2013-05-05-03:41:06 =====> ChangeMap(412102) start
2013-05-05-03:41:06 =====> CreateTerrain Pos(71.000000,187.000000)
2013-05-05-03:41:06 =====> ChangeMap(412102), memory mbyte( 348 ) )end
2013-05-05-03:41:06 =====> Object Load 0/4
2013-05-05-03:41:07 =====> Object Load 1/4
2013-05-05-03:41:07 =====> Object Load 2/4
2013-05-05-03:41:07 =====> Object Load 3/4
2013-05-05-03:41:07 =====> Object Load End
2013-05-05-03:41:07 =====> Me::UpdateData

now here is a example of how it doesn't work:

2013-05-05-04:02:03 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 0
2013-05-05-04:02:03 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 1
2013-05-05-04:02:03 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 2
2013-05-05-04:02:03 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 3
2013-05-05-04:02:03 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 4

notice how the normal will load skill stuff, then update the map.

#31 Asiren

Asiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

The keyboard I use is a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite (wired). This keyboard is probably over a decade old, so I don't think it is the problem. ;)

#32 crossxfire

crossxfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Well I'm still hoping for a response to this problem. Currently, I quit and login again before I have to enter a dungeon. The bug is only triggered if you walk into a dungeon entrance/exit or try to change channels. Which means I have to relog quite often. Annoying.

Don't see why it should be related to the keyboard? Mine's a laptop anyway.
The login issues some players have reported above are different from the instance issue we are facing. We can login just fine after we force quit.

Is it true that the problem appears on certain computers and not on others on the same network? I'll try it out on my bro's laptop tomorrow and see if it works.

#33 Asiren

Asiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well, I got an interesting version of this bug just now. I have a "Revenge upon the Goddess Worshippers" Khara Challenge that I forgot to enable while I was working on that part of the storyline.

Well, I enabled it after I was done with that part of the story, and went into the cave to fight Priest Reimond again. When I zoned into the cave, Priest Reimond was there and ready for me to kill. I killed him, looted his body (yay!) and then zoned out of the cave. However, when I got out, I triggered the Instance Bug.

So maybe I triggered some sort of program exception? :o

#34 crossxfire

crossxfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

the instance bug triggered for me at priest reimond's cave as well.

Oh and here's my gamelog:

2013-05-06-02:33:12 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 0
2013-05-06-02:33:12 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 1
2013-05-06-02:33:12 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 2
2013-05-06-02:33:12 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 3
2013-05-06-02:33:12 =====> SelectServer::ReConnectZoneServer - 4
2013-05-06-02:33:26 =====> !!!Push GameExit!!!

At 02:33:12 I tried to exit culvert dungeon.
At 02:33:26 I force-quit the game.

Edited by crossxfire, 05 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#35 Minaring

Minaring

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi guys!

I was previously playing this game on WIndows 8 x64 with a nVidia graphics card and I had this bug and it was just annoying the heck out of me. So after trying almost everything I could think of that may have been causing the problem, I finally decided to try installing Windows 7 x64 on this same computer that the bug was occurring on.

I honestly was skeptical seeing how my previous computer that I had played the beta on was using Windows 8 x64 as well and I have no issues with this instance bug. Sure enough however, on Windows 7 x64 the bug never happened for me!

Now I know this isn't a viable option for everyone, and I really would prefer to be back on Windows 8, but I decided to just stick with 7. I dual booted at first, installing both systems on different partitions but now I'm just going to stick with Windows 7.

I don't think Windows 8 itself is the culprit seeing how some players are using Windows 7 and still dealing with this bug. I just wanted to share my experience with it.
I really hope they fix it soon though, this is very annoying especially considering how long it takes to load up the game and log in.

Edited by Minaring, 05 May 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#36 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hi guys!

I was previously playing this game on WIndows 8 x64 with a nVidia graphics card and I had this bug and it was just annoying the heck out of me. So after trying almost everything I could think of that may have been causing the problem, I finally decided to try installing Windows 7 x64 on this same computer that the bug was occurring on.

I honestly was skeptical seeing how my previous computer that I had played the beta on was using Windows 8 x64 as well and I have no issues with this instance bug. Sure enough however, on Windows 7 x64 the bug never happened for me!

Now I know this isn't a viable option for everyone, and I really would prefer to be back on Windows 8, but I decided to just stick with 7. I dual booted at first, installing both systems on different partitions but now I'm just going to stick with Windows 7.

I don't think Windows 8 itself is the culprit seeing how some players are using Windows 7 and still dealing with this bug. I just wanted to share my experience with it.
I really hope they fix it soon though, this is very annoying especially considering how long it takes to load up the game and log in.

Ha! You beat me to it xD
I was thinking re-installing the system, then I thought it would be harder to to find out what caused it if it works. So I decided to do some investigation before I do the install.

#37 xXairoXx

xXairoXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

what, then the problem is win8?

#38 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

No, I have Windows 7 64 bit and I have this problem. So that's not a real solution for it.

#39 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

here's the latest on my ticket... nothing has been added since the second canned response on 5/2

Conversation

Incoming Message – 5/2/2013 3:17 PM –

Loss of connection after 5 minutes of play

Thanks for giving me a canned response... you clearly didn't read all that here... this is how you lose customers.

Outgoing Message – 5/1/2013 6:49 PM – Danny (Smouly)

Greetings,
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. With regard to your disconnection issues, please be informed that the connection between your PC and our servers goes through many different hubs and servers belonging to various other companies, any of which could be the cause of your lag or disconnection. In order to assist you in solving this issue, we kindly advise you to follow the steps below:

HOW TO SUBMIT A TRACERT REPORT:

NOTE: Tracert.exe is a route-tracing utility that you can use to determine the network path to a destination.
1) Close all non-essential programs. This is very important for the accuracy of the result.
2) Click “Start” (your Windows start button), click “Run”, type in “cmd” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
3) You will see the Command Prompt window. Type in “tracert playragnarok2.com” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
4) Once the tracert is complete, right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar, go to “Edit”, and click “Select All.”
5) Right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar again, go to “Edit”, and click “Copy.”
6) Open a Notepad. Type in your IP address, current date and time, and the Time Zone in which you reside.
7) Paste the copied tracert on the Notepad and save it.

Once you have done the steps above, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and submit your tracert report. Please also submit the report to this ticket and we will send it to the IT department for review. Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Danny

Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Please do not reply to this email. Using the reply function will result in the WarpPortal support team not receiving your reply. In order to respond, please log in to the WarpPortal Support Site and reply to this ticket.

Incoming Message – 5/1/2013 6:09 PM –

The issue still exists after launch.

Incoming Message – 4/27/2013 2:53 AM –

more people are reporting the problem in the thread

Outgoing Message – 4/24/2013 6:23 AM – Mariz (Caramel)

Greetings Valued Player,

Thank you so much for your the provided information. We have forwarded ticket to the appropriate department that takes care of special requests, feedbacks and suggestions. We truly appreciate your inputs to help us improve our game. Also we wish to note that the following websites allow users to directly comment on developer notes and statements regarding recent changes.

https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts
Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.Regards,

Mariz
WarpPortal Support Team

Please do not reply to this email. Using the reply function will result in the WarpPortal support team not receiving your reply. In order to respond, please log in to the WarpPortal Support Site and reply to this ticket.

Incoming Message – 4/23/2013 3:04 PM –

If you'd like to see all the information for this issue... the SEA RO2 has the same issue:
http://forums.playpa...change-channel/

Outgoing Message – 4/23/2013 10:35 AM – Mark (Frilldora)

Greetings Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting WarpPortal Costumer Support.

We appreciate informing us with your problem, please be inform that we do not close any ticket. The ticket will be close by our system after 3 to 4 days by idle status. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to send us another ticket. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Mark

WarpPortal Support Team

Incoming Message – 4/22/2013 2:48 PM –

This ticket shouldn't have been closed... This is strictly a problem with Windows 8 as my Windows 7 PC works just fine without this issue

Outgoing Message – 4/20/2013 2:25 PM – Dexter (Kapha)

Dear RO2 Player,

Greetings from your friendly WarpPortal Support Team!

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. With regard to your disconnection issues, please be informed that the connection between your PC and our servers goes through many different hubs and servers belonging to various other companies, any of which could be the cause of your lag or disconnection. In order to assist you in solving this issue, we kindly advise you to follow the steps below:

HOW TO SUBMIT A TRACERT REPORT:
NOTE: Tracert.exe is a route-tracing utility that you can use to determine the network path to a destination.
1) Close all non-essential programs. This is very important for the accuracy of the result.
2) Click “Start” (your Windows start button), click “Run”, type in “cmd” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
3) You will see the Command Prompt window. Type in “tracert playragnarok2.com” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
4) Once the tracert is complete, right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar, go to “Edit”, and click “Select All.”
5) Right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar again, go to “Edit”, and click “Copy.”
6) Open a Notepad. Type in your IP address, current date and time, and the Time Zone in which you reside.
7) Paste the copied tracert on the Notepad and save it.

Once you have done the steps above, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and submit your tracert report. If your ISP is unable to resolve your issue, please respond to this ticket with the following information below:
1) A copy of your ISP’s reply.
2) Your ISP’s contact information (Name, Phone Number/s, Website, E-mail Address)
3) The tracert report you submitted to your ISP.

Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Dexter
WarpPortal Support Team

Incoming Message – 4/20/2013 11:50 AM –

http://forums.warppo...ing-connection/
The above link contains all the information tried. Had the same issue with SEA version of RO2 and this version as well

#40 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Did you give them a copy of trace?

Anyway... you can't blame them. the key word is "lost connection", which does not correctly describe the issue here. any reps saw this and then go like" oh noobs, blame on your isp if you cannot connect". Our issue is more like "nothing happens after enter/leaves an dungeon". And also, since we see people here who had it working after fresh re installing the OS, it looks like some other problem have changed system properties which caused this problem, which is really hard to debug unless they don't have a defected machine. I am still investigating this issue myself, but it is most likely I will re-install os later since it kind of "worked".

#41 yayan0

yayan0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Problem persists...

#42 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Worries me that this thread is this big and still no mod has replied.

#43 Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

This is a really annoying issue. I've had this issue on RO2SEA aswell. The only "solution" I've had is to dual boot with 32bit Windows XP, and it works perfectly fine on that. It is incredibly annoying to have to reboot into Windows XP just to play RO2, though.

#44 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Bump

#45 GMWOLFE

GMWOLFE

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Greetings,

Please be assured that we are currently looking into these connection/dungeon issues. Many issues users experienced were caused during two specific instances on Saturday and Sunday before server downs. We've made several key improvements to fix the stability issues that may have plagued some users this weekend. As for persisting issues once again I can assure you that we are looking to in this case and are working on resolutions. If you consistently experience a disconnect in a dungeon or event, if you have not done so already please submit a ticket about in the support page. We will take a look a each issue and request as soon as possible.

#46 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well the issue is you are disconnected from the game. Whether this was an issue with networking or client or some other catastrophe is what we need to determine.

So it isn't a graphics issue.

What I would like to know is does this ever happen when just hanging out in overworld maps? If so, how long after starting up does it happen?
We have a laptop here at the office tha has a hackshield error almost like clockwork after x minutes, it has to do with a device driver.

Antivirus, ISP network protection (comcast Total protect) all can try to modify or check hard drive or memory stuff and hackshield will fight it out causing game issues. We are trying to get this sort of thing resolved of course but we need reports to send to hackshield to get it sorted out.

Could you send us a support ticket with a hackshield report?
1. Go to Game Installation Folder\HShield\
2. Execute AhnRpt.exe in the folder. (takes a while to load)
3. Click File-[Error Report] on top left.
4. Save the report file (.arc) and send to us in our support.warpportal.com ticket system.

#47 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

This never happens spontaneously for me on fields, only on dungeon entrance and channel swaps.

What happens in my case is, I go to enter a dungeon or change channel whilst in a party and the game just freezes. I can't move and have to ctrl alt delete out of the game (this has happened to me about 30 times today, thanks Goblin Leader farming). If I wait long enough without ctrl alt deleting, it finally says Can't Connect to Server. Please try again later. But this takes about 5-6 minutes of waiting.

If I am solo, this only happens most of the time, but I can occasionally get in and out of a dungeon on my own but it's exceedingly rare. I have no anti virus installed, my firewall is off, I have allowed every single file in my RO2 folder as an exception in case something was still trying to block it. It doesn't seem related to either 32 bit or 64 bit nor windows 7 or 8.

If I go on my laptop on the very-same internet connection (like if I take the ethernet cable from my pc to my laptop), I don't have this issue. So it's something with the computer and how it interacts with RO2, what that is though, no clue.

If I try to log out, the game does the same freeze for 5-6 minutes but eventually logs me out.

I'll be sending a hackshield report and copy this message as well, glad to hear from someone about this, I was getting worried.

Error report seemed to fail? Got no sort of confirmation and the page just kept reloading.

http://nfusedev.com/...ort-swiften.arc <-- file is here in case my ticket didn't work. Let me know if this suffices.

Another note that may be pertinent. If I am in a different channel than the rest of my party, it works more often than otherwise when entering a dungeon, but doesn't effect the channel swapping.

Edited by SwiftEdge, 08 May 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#48 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Side question: Does anyone else also find themselves not in LFP, general, and trade? I can't join them either sometimes, I also can't load my friends list. It says "Can't Connect to Messenger Service". Not sure if that is related to this or not.

#49 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Well the issue is you are disconnected from the game. Whether this was an issue with networking or client or some other catastrophe is what we need to determine.

So it isn't a graphics issue.

What I would like to know is does this ever happen when just hanging out in overworld maps? If so, how long after starting up does it happen?
We have a laptop here at the office tha has a hackshield error almost like clockwork after x minutes, it has to do with a device driver.

Antivirus, ISP network protection (comcast Total protect) all can try to modify or check hard drive or memory stuff and hackshield will fight it out causing game issues. We are trying to get this sort of thing resolved of course but we need reports to send to hackshield to get it sorted out.

Could you send us a support ticket with a hackshield report?
1. Go to Game Installation Folder\HShield\
2. Execute AhnRpt.exe in the folder. (takes a while to load)
3. Click File-[Error Report] on top left.
4. Save the report file (.arc) and send to us in our support.warpportal.com ticket system.

You're being as useful as the support I get in the ticket... This is not a ISP issue, this is also not an antivirus issue. My windows 8 and windows 7 have the same exact antivirus. I recommend taking that laptop and installing windows 8 pro or enterprise 64 bit on it and see the issue for yourselves. Only then will it be seen that this has nothing to do with antivirus or isp.

#50 MashiroCandy

MashiroCandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Side question: Does anyone else also find themselves not in LFP, general, and trade? I can't join them either sometimes, I also can't load my friends list. It says "Can't Connect to Messenger Service". Not sure if that is related to this or not.

I haven't notice if I cant join some channel or not, but Im having trouble with the friend list loading as well. but that is usually after I bugged in dungeon and had to force close client and restart. It says cannot connect to server after i tried to open the firend list. I can still play the game after, it seems its just a msg saying you cant get friend list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users