no ownership for damage dealt by Burning status? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

no ownership for damage dealt by Burning status?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeterLouie

PeterLouie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hello, not sure if this is intentional or not, but I'm pretty confident it's not.

With my Rune Knight I noticed that when I was killing monsters for quests with Dragon Breath and they received Burning status, if the monster happened to die from one of the damage intervals dealt by Burning, it would not count towards my quest kill counter.

In this case I needed to kill 10 Draco Eggs. I was continuously killing a small patch of two that respawn at the same place. The counter went from 2, to 4, 6, then 7. I knew something was off, then I realized it was because one of the eggs died from the Burning, not from my actual Dragon Breath attack (and no Draco spawned from the egg or anything like that). Then I checked and compared exp and job exp from an egg that was killed without Burning damage dealt, and one that had Burning damage inflicted.

Multiple Draco Eggs killed without Burning gave 2848 exp/2136 job each.
Draco Egg killed with a full round of Burning damage gave 2533 exp/1891 job.

I would like to hope that damage dealt by any source you deal would contribute to exp received, or in this case as well quest counters. Would be quite illogical not to, since it is rather detrimental to have Burning status included if it instead steals away exp and potentially robs a quest kill.

If Burning status is meant to do this, I would really be quite shocked, and would rather prefer it just be removed if it's going to be a negative effect for the player issuing it.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

You generally do not get exp for damage inflicted by negative status effects, even if you are responsible for that status effect. My understanding is that this is intended.

The interaction of burning and killcount quests is troublesome though - killcounts are based on last hit rather than most damage or drop priority, so the unowned damage from the status effect causes you to miss the killcount.

#3 PeterLouie

PeterLouie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Oh, that's unfortunate then. Still doesn't make any sense to me why they would program it to be like that, but oh well, not all game mechanics have to be logical to the player's point of view I suppose.

Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users