Noel Race/Alter Class. Any news on when they will come to RO2 NA? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Noel Race/Alter Class. Any news on when they will come to RO2 NA?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

To be honest, they're not even done with release. I'd figure they'll even consider talking about it like 2-3 weeks after official release.

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

However, THIS is too much of a coincidence... (Not saying I'm against it...I actually enjoyed playing a Maven in ESO). It's just that all classes in RO, and what we've seen thus far in RO2, are the same race.

How is it a coincidence? The main race in both Ragnarok games is Norman. Always has been. They're supposed to be based on Norse mythology, after all.

#28 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

How is it a coincidence? The main race in both Ragnarok games is Norman. Always has been. They're supposed to be based on Norse mythology, after all.

The coincidence was in reference to seeing such in another game (characters, weapons)...not the storyline.

I was wondering how they can incorporate such creatures with a storyline that is based on Norse mythology.
I know that Norse mythology has dwarves, elves, trolls, and giants; just was wondering how they can explain playable humanoids with horns, in a game where every class is the same race.
Sorry, I'm an old D&D role-player after all.

#29 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I wish they would make a troll race. I love trolls/goblins/orcs. >: But they must get the ears exactly right or else it would ruin it~ Have them use balls and chains weapons or something. <3

#30 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I want to play a Freyjian. They have really cool face paint.

#31 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I want to play a Freyjian. They have really cool face paint.

I could have sworn those were masks, not face paint...

#32 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

I could have sworn those were masks, not face paint...

I'm pretty sure those were scars :|

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Nope, it's magical face paint. Eremes Guile has a scar on his face, if you want to compare the two.

#34 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I wish they would make a troll race. I love trolls/goblins/orcs. >: But they must get the ears exactly right or else it would ruin it~ Have them use balls and chains weapons or something. <3

WoW says hi! :3

#35 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's definitely not scars, but I'm not sure whether it's a mask or face paint. Considering their eyes also have really weird colors, I lean towards mask, but who knows.

Edit: Though on Raymond it's clearly paint of some kind. Or markings. So I guess that applies to everyone else.

Edited by Rozelle, 23 April 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#36 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

It's definitely not scars, but I'm not sure whether it's a mask or face paint. Considering their eyes also have really weird colors, I lean towards mask, but who knows.

Well, the card versions make me think mask...because they look a lot like what Leviathan wears in Gosick. >_> Oh, and the eyes, the eyes.

Edited by ODKN, 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

It's paint. Most of their faces match their skintone. They just have a creepy expression and weird eyes because, you know, they're part of a crazy magical cult that worships Freyja.

#38 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Makes sense.

#39 OriginRe

OriginRe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

C
rescentia + Soul Maker demo for everyone interested. :)

Edited by OriginRe, 23 April 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#40 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Lol that was a joke intended..
Was replying to his reply, not to the person he replied to :3

#41 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

So is Soul Maker is the support and Cres is the DPS?

#42 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

The coincidence was in reference to seeing such in another game (characters, weapons)...not the storyline.

I was wondering how they can incorporate such creatures with a storyline that is based on Norse mythology.
I know that Norse mythology has dwarves, elves, trolls, and giants; just was wondering how they can explain playable humanoids with horns, in a game where every class is the same race.
Sorry, I'm an old D&D role-player after all.

The same way they put a race of (Non-playable )Cat People in RO1. there is a gate way to a another, darker, dimension known as the Ash Vacuum. While I never got that far in RO2, it would seem similar gate ways now exist in the Payon region. They could have the Noel living in the ash vacuum.... or create a new homeland for them through a different dimensional portal.

#43 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

The same way they put a race of (Non-playable )Cat People in RO1. there is a gate way to a another, darker, dimension known as the Ash Vacuum. While I never got that far in RO2, it would seem similar gate ways now exist in the Payon region. They could have the Noel living in the ash vacuum.... or create a new homeland for them through a different dimensional portal.

the noel live in yggdrasil garden which is contected to east mjolnir by a warpportal / warp npc.

#44 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

the noel live in yggdrasil garden which is contected to east mjolnir by a warpportal / warp npc.

He said the word! Warpportal!

Posted Image

#45 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

So is Soul Maker is the support and Cres is the DPS?

Basicly yes, but honestly cres is the wizard killer class they are just flat out better at anything a wizard can do making wiz kind of pointless.

#46 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Basicly yes, but honestly cres is the wizard killer class they are just flat out better at anything a wizard can do making wiz kind of pointless.

There are still plenty of things a wizard can do that a Crescentia can't.

#47 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

There are still plenty of things a wizard can do that a Crescentia can't.

Such as? wizards biggest strengh is aoe and dot damage and cres can equal them in both on top of having debuff.

There's already so little wizards as it is and cres won't help there cause much.

#48 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Such as? wizards biggest strengh is aoe and dot damage and cres can equal them in both on top of having debuff.

There's already so little wizards as it is and cres won't help there cause much.

Dragonology, not having to share gear tokens with them, Ice Wall, Teleport etc... Also, isn't Crescentia a melee class, or is that scythe just for show? Oh, and that thread doesn't show us cast times/cooldowns/animations.

Edited by ODKN, 23 April 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#49 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Good lord, another support class?

Maybe I'll make a guide on Soul Makers once they're released...maybe.

#50 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Personally I think the idea of support classes or tank classes is an outdated concept. When we think about how this factors into the holy trinity gameplay, it makes forming a party unnecessarily difficult. We have a Tank Class, the Knight. That is 1 of 10. We have a healer class, the Priest. That is 1 of 10. In a party of 5 we need both these classes represented. So that means 8 of 10 classes is needed in in 3 of 5 slots. So lets do the math if the classes are represented equally and there are 100 people...
A total of 10 parties can be formed because there are 10 knights and 10 priests.
There are 80 other people who can be assigned to 30 slots.
50 People are -_- out of luck or try to make it work with parties that are not ideal for facing high survivability monsters.

This is a fundamental gameplay flaw of designating a tank or support class with no regard to the other arbitrary limits. If we think about how the game was designed, its designed around the Holy Trinity for dungeon gameplay. 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS, but the numbers don't add up. Considering the method used to determine who holds these positions, its which class is best suited for the role. Those classes that might be able to yet are not perfect usually build to a DPS build so they can access other areas of the game. The Holy Trinity gameplay also affects Tanks in late game on Raids where only 1 or 2 are needed. The raids are another matter all together on poor design principles, as in this game due to wanting to milk cows, the raids are made to be exploited. So teams are going to end up being ranged classes and a tank like other poorly designed raids.

The best method for dealing with support builds is allowing everyone to have access to tank or support roles. This way when it is necessary or unnecessary they can switch to the role without much fuss. A method like a dual job system would suit this task.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users