#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Since you guys are currently in the process of localizing RO2, perhaps you can help me with my lore-mining.

In RO1, iGravity has always bounced back and forth between Tristan Gaebolg III and Tristram Gaebolg III when it came to referring to the king of Rune-Midgard. Which is the official spelling of that darn NPC?

In addition, what is the official name of our kingdom? Is it Rune-Midgard (makes more sense since it's part of the Midgard continent) or is it Rune-Midgarts (which looks and sounds funny)?

For someone who worships Freyja, is the religion thusly called Freyjanity? Would that make the worshippers Freyjanites or Freyjans?

So now we know that the worship of Odin is officially called the Odin Orthodoxy. What would those worshippers be called? Odinists? Odinites?

In RO1, Baphomet's forest is known as the Labyrinth Forest, the Prontera Maze, the Hidden Temple, and now in RO2 it's the Garden of Baphomet. What is the official name? Or are all of these the official name? Or is the Garden of Baphomet in an entirely different location?

A while ago, a Gravity developer said that the new hill town is called Ludlow (as seen here). Are you guys going to refer to it as Ludlow as well or are you going to stick with Izlude Hill for our localization?

Not lore-related, but is there going to be artwork of both genders for each job class (1st and 2nd classes)? I haven't been able to find any, despite RO2 being out in Korea for about a year now. I need references for RO2 fanart. (And I'm sure RO2 fansites need them for job class information.)

NEW QUESTIONS:

From what I was able to glean from the RO2 history on the site, the Ashkaron Empire is apparently located right on top of the Republic of Schwartzvald (from RO1)! What the heck happened to Schwartzvald? Is that what Svartalf in the RO2 history referring to? Did Rune-Midgard wipe out the Schwartzvald Republic?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 24 April 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Well one thing is the same, the curse of Gaebolg keep living on the Royal family... :p_swt:

About Baphomet's garden, I think it fits, I'm guessing this is sealed baphomet so I'm guessing he took the Abbey down ^^u and make his new "forest" outside...

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

If the Gaebolg curse is still going strong, then that would mean that this Ignatz Geobolg dude is the descendant of either a brother or cousin of Tristram Gaebolg III. (Can't say anymore because that's spoilerish for RO1 players.)

As for Garden of Baphomet, according to this RO2 map that someone posted, the old Abbey is underwater so that's out. It looks like most of the original Labyrinth Forest is sleeping with the fishes (forest was located northeast of Prontera). So the Garden of Baphomet should be a piece of the Labyrinth Forest.

Posted Image

Edited by ZeroTigress, 24 April 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#4 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

If the Gaebolg curse is still going strong, then that would mean that this Ignatz Geobolg dude is the descendant of either a brother or cousin of Tristram Gaebolg III.

Actually yes, they are ties between both royal families, If you remember there was a branch of gaebolg that I guess is the future King coming from on RO1, also looks like from the same branch came "the lost descendants" referred by the current history on the kingdom, when I was reading it the same things keep happening about "dead of the first son" and another member son/brother/uncle/cousin taking the current king place (can't remember exactly how it said, was too excited about beta to screenshot)

Curse of Gaebolg works always on the "First Son" of the current King with the blood of the Gaebolgs, so members of the Nobleship (the other party members of the first Gaebolg) are exempt if they don't descent from the Original Gaebolg,

If i'm not wrong the guy who ask you to deliver something as a thank you to the little girl on aldebaran on RO1 is a Gaebolg related... Forgot where the heck I saw a Gaebolg related branch...

Edited by Kiryu, 24 April 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Regardless, it was established from Rune-Midgard's beginning that the king is to earn his right to the throne through a competition with 6 other suitors (7 total). Because the 7 warriors who founded Rune-Midgard wanted to prevent royal corruption so one family doesn't monopolize the throne as with past kingdoms. So shouldn't there be others who have a right to the throne besides a Gaebolg? What became of the other 6 royal families?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 24 April 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#6 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Regardless, it was established from Rune-Midgard's beginning that the king is to earn his right to the throne through a competition with 6 other suitors (7 total). Because the 7 warriors who founded Rune-Midgard wanted to prevent royal corruption so one family doesn't monopolize the throne as with past kingdoms. So shouldn't there be others who have a right to the throne besides a Gaebolg? What became of the other 6 royal families?

Actually, there is a quest about... and yes Actually the Kingdom got another King from a different family, and they were changes to Republic and also a Slave Country until a new revolution... If you wait until Friday morning I can do the quest on my alter and screenshot the books about history of Rune-Midgard (I hope my Alter can do that quest)...

I think they are three books with the history going from the "Ragnarok/Day of despair"

*goes and read the successor of the throne quest*

Guess I will need to quest that too...

more work for me (u>_>)9...

Edited by Kiryu, 24 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Oh, if it's going to be explained in RO2, then I can wait (don't want to get spoiled too soon). I just want to make sure that RO2 names are consistent with those of RO1.

#8 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Oh, if it's going to be explained in RO2, then I can wait (don't want to get spoiled too soon). I just want to make sure that RO2 names are consistent with those of RO1.

Ummm I guess you didn't do that quest in beta?

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

I only got to level 10 to reserve my name. I wanted to wait until launch before I pay attention to the quests. Want to read them after they're proofread and all that jazz so I don't get confused.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

So I'm guessing there's going to be craploads of inconsistencies in RO2 just like RO1?

Way to make my lore-mining difficult, iGravity.

#11 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

So I'm guessing there's going to be craploads of inconsistencies in RO2 just like RO1?

Way to make my lore-mining difficult, iGravity.

Inconsistencies in RO2? I'd hope not, as it's easier to tell a story when you have very linear progression, unlike in RO1 where it was kind of like "What? Myung-jin Lee left halfway through? Well... anything goes for quests".

Edited by Sacriel, 25 April 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well at the very least, WarpPortal should settle on a single spelling of King Tristan/Tristram III and Rune-Midgard/Midgarts. I'm so tired of seeing them flip-flop between the two.

#13 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Wait...I thought RO2's king is now Reinhardt?

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

It is. I'm referring to RO1's king because no one's sure what his official spelling is. I'm hoping they don't treat RO2's king the same way.

#15 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Oh ok. I'm not really familiar about RO1 storyline, I quit a long time ago. And I'm kinda hoping someone could fill me in. I believe the Ragnarok Manwha story continues in the game, and I would really love to know what happens to Chaos, Loki and the gang after Geffen.

In RO2's 1st vid clip, it says that Chaos and Reinhardt fought against Freyja. Errr was Reinhardt already alive in RO1? I thought this RO2:Lots is 1000 years after RO1?

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

According to the video and the history on iRO2's website, Chaos fought against Freyja with the help of allies (not clear if it's referring to the manhwa characters or RO adventurers). He sealed her away in Vanaheim. If the iRO2 history is correct, then that means Chaos fought Freyja within RO's timeline since it mentioned King Tristan/Tristram III going missing during that time (Day of Despair). Loki and Lidia make appearances in RO1's Episode 14 update so that seems to support the theory that Chaos got help from RO adventurers. But there are some parts that are not quite clear.

300 years passed since then and we enter RO2's timeline where a group called the Freyjanity rose up and began kidnapping children to use in their experiments. This is where King Reinhardt comes in so it fits into the Ragnarok timeline fine.

#17 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well at the very least, WarpPortal should settle on a single spelling of King Tristan/Tristram III and Rune-Midgard/Midgarts. I'm so tired of seeing them flip-flop between the two.

It's spelled as 국왕 트리스탄 in Korean. Proper translation for this is "King Tristan". I honestly have no idea how it ended up being translated as Tristram since korean equivalent would be spelled 트리스트람.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

At long last, an answer! THANK YOU!

#19 Mistreil

Mistreil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Ahhh, RO2 Lore. I'm honestly curious where it goes, and if it explores a bunch of stuff from RO1. I've seen nothing about the Rekenber Corporation as of yet, but there was mention of Zed (see the letter here), who was also the High Priest of Rachel (which has apparently crumbled, and the descendants of which formed the Freyjanity).

I'm also curious about how Eremes is still around (probably... the heart of Ymir?), and what Juliana's role is in RO2 (since she apparently has a card that matches her manhwa version). On the note of cameos, we also see Nuri and Seri in Payon.

I essentially have no idea what's going on in RO1 plotwise, since the majority of what I know is monster lore/speculation and the speculation I read here. So if someone has the time to summarize... /cough or else I guess I'll try to look up more stuff.

#20 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Ahhh, RO2 Lore. I'm honestly curious where it goes, and if it explores a bunch of stuff from RO1. I've seen nothing about the Rekenber Corporation as of yet, but there was mention of Zed (see the letter here), who was also the High Priest of Rachel (which has apparently crumbled, and the descendants of which formed the Freyjanity).

I'm also curious about how Eremes is still around (probably... the heart of Ymir?), and what Juliana's role is in RO2 (since she apparently has a card that matches her manhwa version). On the note of cameos, we also see Nuri and Seri in Payon.

I essentially have no idea what's going on in RO1 plotwise, since the majority of what I know is monster lore/speculation and the speculation I read here. So if someone has the time to summarize... /cough or else I guess I'll try to look up more stuff.

Well, the opening does say all the children experimented on contained the Heart of Ymir... Also, I believe Gedenhardt has technology from Lichthausen, or whatever it was called. Oh, and why is a spirit of Kiel in that tragic memory phase?

The monster cards answer a lot of the background questions, oddly. Including that Maya Rembrandt person from the tragic memory being morphed in to the boss Maya...

Edited by ODKN, 26 April 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#21 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

You guys want me to quest all quest from RO1 and record them... Actually in something really weird is to see the instructor Hiryu for Sin class and have my friends laugh about "Naming of Sins"...

I keep thinking from a while ago that Eremes Guile either is a full clone or a descendant of the same Guile clan... Since it always intrigue me how Eremes Clones are able to escape the second floor same as the Gemini who look like a couple of rogues (gang paradise?) opposite to the stalker trapped on bio4

Also still can't get over Randgris reincarnated... :p_swt: I was "if I kill her accidentally will she drop armor?"

#22 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

You guys want me to quest all quest from RO1 and record them... Actually in something really weird is to see the instructor Hiryu for Sin class and have my friends laugh about "Naming of Sins"...

I keep thinking from a while ago that Eremes Guile either is a full clone or a descendant of the same Guile clan... Since it always intrigue me how Eremes Clones are able to escape the second floor same as the Gemini who look like a couple of rogues (gang paradise?) opposite to the stalker trapped on bio4

Also still can't get over Randgris reincarnated... :p_swt: I was "if I kill her accidentally will she drop armor?"

Please please please? :rice:

#23 Mistreil

Mistreil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Haha, I was kidding about the summarizing thing. That's a crazy amount of work, LOL.

As far as Eremes goes, it would be really weird if he was a descendant. Because they seem pretty identical to me, and that would be some crazy genetic work. Also who's the mom? Need some back story up in here!

#24 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Haha, I was kidding about the summarizing thing. That's a crazy amount of work, LOL.

As far as Eremes goes, it would be really weird if he was a descendant. Because they seem pretty identical to me, and that would be some crazy genetic work. Also who's the mom? Need some back story up in here!

Doesn't Eremes get Brainwashed in RO2 at some point, and you have to fight him, which kinda reinforces that he could very well be a clone... Side note, he does indeed possess a Heart of Ymir.

Edited by ODKN, 26 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#25 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Oh that's a bummer :( isn't there a wiki or something about RO's storyline?

Anyways, because of Eremes I kinda believe Loki is some kind of like him too. Well, in the norse myth, Loki was a god and the one who's responsible to Baldr's death. But in the manwha he's just an assassin with superhuman strength....in fact, Nidhogg said he's a "human and not" (wth does that mean?)....he couldn't have been a god coz Fenris would have remembered him, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users