Ragnarok 2 Live Q&A 4/26/13 with Heimdallr and Alteris - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok 2 Live Q&A 4/26/13 with Heimdallr and Alteris

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

i'm at work it figures

can it be recorded and watched later for the people who can't be there for the live version?

The live stream will still be hosted by Twitch for (on average) 1 week after its posting.

#27 FadInc

FadInc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

10 minutes.

#28 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Crap, just started a LoL match... totally forgot! D:

#29 FadInc

FadInc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

• *3:00PM PST is the planned time for the launch on May 1*
  • An updated client will be available to download but a patch around the size of 260MB will be available to those who already have the client.
  • = iRO2 will eventually be the main version that other territories will base the game off.
  • = Launch will only have up to 5 channels but they will expand to 20 if needed. One large server is their main focus instead of multiple 'worlds'.
  • = Resurrection CD and Pandora Box spawn will be changed. (EDIT: Pandora Box will be an EVENT ONLY drop instead of always on.)
  • = ETA for Noel and WoE expansions, This summer.
  • = Coliseum available mid-to-late May.
  • = Permanent costumes available in random boxes. Permanent mounts may be available via events.
  • = VIP animation can eventually be toggled.
  • = WP has requested a custom made mount for their version.
  • = Quote: "Super Large Bags are not required by players." (But there is a Khara quest that requires it.)
  • = Future plans for expansions. Beyond increasing level cap.
  • = Marriage system in the works, may not make it's preview this year.
  • = WP is requesting changes such as the type of font and its' size.
  • = Skill fixes will be requested from kRO2 along with other stuff. Everything has to come from Korea.
  • = "AoD/CoA won't be available until a few months after release because they're higher tiered raid dungeons and they want everyone to be equipped for it. " Thanks mijieka (Cuivert of Abyss and Abaddon of Despair) Normal and Hard version raids will be available for Lv50s by the end of summer.
  • = Bosses will be fixed but won't be a easy win. Will all depend on equipment and not Pay2Win cash shop.
  • = Large Bags are available.
  • = New Mount System
  • = No player in-guild housing is not on the drawing board.
  • = A lot of guild features are in the works.
  • = GMs will target as many gold sellers as possible.
  • = Costumes in plan for 2nd class.
  • = Camera work requested to be done to fix the glitches in place such as dungeons/raids.
  • = Translations/Typos will be fixed with every patch. Screenshot all errors you find and email them in.
  • = Dungeon EXP is the fastest EXP in the game. You will level up faster than any other method.
  • = Play tips can be turned off via Game Settings. WP has requested ability to allow players to passively block whispers.
  • = Permanent mounts and costumes can be received by participating in events. Permanent costumes available in Random Box and permanent mounts will be available in Random Mount Boxes.
  • = English voice overs. (They sound pretty damn good!)
  • = Guild leveling will take awhile.
  • = Khara system will be expanded.
Feel free to correct any mistakes or add missing information.

Edited by FadInc, 26 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#30 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Pretty much a repeat of what FadInc said above, but here is my transcription of what I heard today:

Today’s Q&A session went pretty well and the community managers spoke about many different things. If you missed it, here are some highlights of the event:

General
  • A client download will be available today (4/26/2013), but you can patch your beta client to the current release at launch.
  • The game will be live at 3PM PST on May 1, 2013.
  • The launch will include 5 channels and all people will be on the same server.
  • For now the game will be locked by region and is intended to be for North American and European players (Note: Many of you have mentioned that Australia and New Zealand was included, sorry I didn't catch that.)
  • Most of the content is at level 50 and includes farm missions, dungeons, Union quests, PVP, and WoE.
  • Updates to content are expected to occur frequently every few months, an expansion is planned in the future and will be more than just a new level cap, there will be other aspects of character development, no date has been set yet
  • RO2 will be a lot more lore-based and have more story content than RO1
  • A marriage system is in the works, but nothing will probably be released this year
  • The Korean development team intends for the western audience to be the primary game audience and will likely be developing things specifically for Warpportal’s version of RO2
  • By the end of the summer, iRO2 should be caught up or right behind kRO2 in terms of content
  • The Khara system will be continually updated and expanded in the future.
  • The time differences between the European and North American player base are being taken into consideration for events that occur on the servers, no event should disadvantage one time zone over the other
  • Morocc is planned in a future update (no date in mind yet), “Geffen dun got blown up…” Actually, the team isn’t sure when or how Geffen will be incorporated into the game.
  • Dungeon experience is the fastest way to level (given you have a good group).
Raiding
  • The Collisium will be launched in mid-May, while raids such as Fallen Fortress and CoA will be available later this summer. The raiding will be tiered so that people have the prerequisite gear to challenge those dungeons.
  • Gauntlet-type PvE arenas aren’t planned but the team is up for unique suggestions for raids
  • Boss fights will be tuned to be fair, but challenging. Cheesing bosses (i.e. bugging them out where they don’t hurt you but you can still kill them) and cheap deaths from mechanics will be fixed. The item mall will not be required to complete a raid.
Classes
  • The Noel race will be released probably in midsummer and be followed by the release of WoE. The Noel race will have access to additional classes outside what is currently available
  • Balancing changes to skills will continuously be made based on player sentiment and game balance
  • Nothing is currently in the making for expanded classes and probably won’t be for a long time, but is not out of the question
  • Resurrection cooldown will be a major item that will be adjusted
  • If you reach second class, you can still learn first class skills.
Items
  • Costumes are meant to be a thirty day item along with mounts. There will be some permanent options for costumes as well as opportunities to obtain permanent mounts
  • The Grasshopper Rigshaw is a faster mount meant for the NA release, faster mounts in addition to this mount may be created in the future
  • The card album is considered to be part of a VIP package and is not necessary in the game, VIP services are intended to make the game more accessible, but this service will not be required to enjoy the aspects of the game
  • The super luxury bag will be available through the cash shop and large bags will be available through drops. Super luxury bags are, as in the name, a luxury item, but may be obtained through trading and possibly events in the future
  • Pandora’s Boxes will be retuned to be event-drops and will not be common drops from monsters. The goal is to encourage players to use quest and dungeon items as they level instead of going after the powerful items from Pandora’s Boxes.
  • Mounts and costumes from beta won’t be available at launch, but will be available sometime in the future.
  • Costumes are in the making for advanced classes (styles from RO1 would fit well in the RO2 environment).
  • Don’t expect people to lack cards since they will be dropping liberally off of mobs and be able to be crafted (at least regarding the common quality cards).
WoE/PvP
  • Player and guild housing is not on the drawing board right now. However, WoE will be released this summer and in the meantime guild leveling will be a challenging, but rewarding way to prepare for WoE.
  • WoE will include a siege system with capture points. Guilds can strategically place their defensive points and attack other capture nodes. An emperium will exist and guardians that will be similar to raid bosses will be defending the emperium. The WoE maps have been balanced to reduce bottlenecks that have created death traps in RO1.
User Interface
  • Fonts are being updated and optimized, but will not be with the initial launch, it is high on the team’s priority
  • UI and camera panning is being modified to better fit the NA and European audiences.
  • English voices have been added and sound good. The company hired professional anime voice actors to assist with the voices. “I zay deh best dishes in zeh world!” “Toooooday we have the most elegant items (FAbuLoUS!!!)”
  • Dogs now bark in English.
  • Grammar and localization of the language is being worked on. If you find a typo or grammar mistake, highlight it in a screenshot and report it and it will be fixed.
  • Other game options will be added in the future such as the ability to block whispers.
Other
  • There will be zero tolerance for gold spammers and many deterrents will be in place to mitigate their effect on the game environment
  • Player tips can be turned off in the Game Settings menu

Edited by kwiqsilvr, 27 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#31 Aeune

Aeune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I like the statement, "Dogs bark now in english". It caught my attention. lol

#32 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Watched video and am glad to see them taking almost everything I had issues with into consideration for being altered~. :3 Also, yay Rickshaw. I'm going to be on the lookout for how to get that mount. Now that I know it was exclusive to this it explains why nobody else know about it ha ha.

#33 Micchinii

Micchinii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks a lot for the Q&A session and FadInc/kwiqsilvr's summaries.

One thing I'd like to mention is if you are adjusting Resurrection's cooldown, please also apply those changes to sorcerer's Soul Bind since it is essentially the same skill.

#34 gm2987

gm2987

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Good info, really glad to hear that they want to make IRO the prefered platform for the game.

#35 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Player/Guild housing would be so much fun :( I hope they reconsider adding it sometime.

Other than that I'm excited for release! Is it Wenesday yet?!

#36 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I like the statement, "Dogs bark now in english". It caught my attention. lol

Just about died laughing.

#37 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Just about died laughing.

It was kind of funny because as he was showcasing the voices he just kept interacting with this dog for a good ten seconds. So I figured he was showing us that the dog was in English too now!

#38 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

If you really make RO1 costumes and make them thirty day temps, I will be broke because I MUST HAVE ALL OF THEM!!

#39 Tanoshii2k1

Tanoshii2k1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Guess we'll find out how much of this they plan on following through on. I'm especially interested in iRO2 becoming the flagship version of the game. The game must be doing down right terrible everywhere else for this to be the case.

#40 denda

denda

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Dungeon experience is the fastest way to level (given you have a good group).

What does it mean? Dungeon Experience was worse than AFKing 50% of your leveling time.
Did they say the WANT the Dungeon Experience to be the fastest way to level up? If so, the experience needs to be increased by more than 100% to keep up with (the almsot infinite amount of) quests.
I would really love to play a healer and level in a Dungeon almost the entire game instead of only 1-2times every 10levels, but the EXP we saw the last patch were horrible.

And IF they want to increase it: When is this going to happen?

Edited by denda, 27 April 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#41 Shroomx3

Shroomx3

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

So wait Australian users cannot play during the release? Since it is locked for North American and European players...

#42 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

So wait Australian users cannot play during the release? Since it is locked for North American and European players...

I'm fairly certain Warp Portal stated that they would be providing service to North America, Europe, and Oceanica players (Australia being in "Oceanica").

#43 Shroomx3

Shroomx3

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'm fairly certain Warp Portal stated that they would be providing service to North America, Europe, and Oceanica players (Australia being in "Oceanica").

Ok thanks, It's just the guy above only mentioned NA and Europe.

#44 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

game will be available for south america? (besides brazil)

#45 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

It's being dubbed!? Thank you. Watching the youtube video of your RO2 livestream. Just heard the part about the dubbed voice overs. Much more excited now. I give you a A++.

Hoping it's all voiced by Heimdallr as we were promised.

Hopefully though you didn't actually dub step it. http://forums.warppo...bbed-or-subbed/

#46 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hopefully though you didn't actually dub step it. http://forums.warppo...bbed-or-subbed/

With 7+ voice folders of Wendee Lee, I would probably welcome wubbed voices.

#47 Kaytaro

Kaytaro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Classic: Loki

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

How does one dub a dog to english barks lol?

#48 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Pretty much a repeat of what FadInc said above, but here is my transcription of what I heard today:

Thank you

• For now the game will be locked by region and is intended to be for North American and European players

Oceania was mentioned too. Maybe you could add it to your post.

Now! For some questions/remarks for the community managers:

• A marriage system is in the works, but nothing will probably be released this year

Will 'same-sex marriages' be excluded from the marriage system again?

There were alot of requests for this feature in the first ragnarok online game and it was conveyed to the development team in korea, but it didn't go over well (27:50).

Aside from the obvious reason, namely:The small percentage of players that are gay/lesbian (why is the word-_- censored?) and want to marry someone of the same gender, in game. There are a few (more common) scenarios that need to be entertained:
  • If the marriage system has special benefits (there were useful marriage skills in Ragnarok Online 1), you'll either:
    • Need to find someone of the opposite gender with which you're going to play with, constantly.
    • -Or-
    • Make an opposite gender character yourself or instruct your friend (probably someone you play with constantly) to make an opposite gender character just to be able to make use of these benefits.
  • There are several players that play the opposite gender of what they are (cross-dressing), but would still like to be able to marry someone, regardless of their own in game gender.
In Ragnarok Online 1, some players had to make an opposite gender character on a new account or request their account to be 'gender-flipped' (characters in an account are tied to the gender chosen for that account), to get those marriage benefits.

I know it's far from being completed, so there's not much you can say about it. But since it is being developed right now and this concern is something that can be decided up front, it is better to get it out of the way instead of finding out after the 'system' is completed.

Personally, I have a feeling they'll ignore it again. If that's the case, then at least we'll know and be able to choose the appropriate gender for our characters from the start (if need be).

• The time differences between the European and North American player base are being taken into consideration for events that occur on the servers, no event should disadvantage one time zone over the other

And Oceania, don't forget about Australia and New Zealand (Hmm, this is going to be a scheduling nightmare).

• Balancing changes to skills will continuously be made based on player sentiment and game balance

When considering player sentiment, make sure that it is within reason as alot of player suggestions are fueled by emotion, rather than logic. In any case, game balance should always take precedence.

• Fonts are being updated and optimized, but will not be with the initial launch, it is high on the team’s priority

I don't have a problem with the font per se, just some of the text color in chat and the type of shadow (border, stroke) effect around some user interface elements (HP numbers, specifically).

• Grammar and localization of the language is being worked on. If you find a typo or grammar mistake, highlight it in a screenshot and report it and it will be fixed.

During Open Beta, I found spelling, grammatical and factual errors in alot of NPC interactions, game tips and items. You might want to do a (exhaustive) rundown of every piece of text in the game, also known as proofreading if I'm not mistaken.

I'm especially interested in iRO2 becoming the flagship version of the game. The game must be doing down right terrible everywhere else for this to be the case.

Yes, I share the same sentiment (on both points). But remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

#49 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

From what they said, they will IP Ban Korea, Japan, The SEA area(Singapore, Malaysia, and Taiwan), The Philippines, and Brazil. These are blocking country codes from entering on the router, its also blocking these players from registering an account. So chances are if the country was not mentioned, its not blocked unless it shares an the IP addressing of one of those countries due to proximity. It makes more sense to host South American countries on the NA servers than the Brazil servers. Its localizes the majority of Spanish speakers to one locality. Brazilians speak mostly Portuguese.

#50 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think you guys are correct in that Australia and New Zealand will be included in the iRO2 release. However this is what Gravity Co., Ltd.'s latest annual statement said:

In addition, we have entered into a license and distribution agreement for Ragnarok Online II with Gravity Interactive, our wholly-owned subsidiary, under which we granted Gravity Interactive the right to distribute the game in the United States, Canada, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Spain, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.

There is no mention of Australia and New Zealand, but it is highly likely that they amended the agreement to include those zones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users