(RK) 1HS, 2HS, Spear masteries & choice of KVM weapon & IB vs HS - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

(RK) 1HS, 2HS, Spear masteries & choice of KVM weapon & IB vs HS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hypark

hypark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

This is the skill build I'm aiming for once I get to a 150/50 RK:
http://irowiki.org/~...sSHOeAcFudqnsN3

I'm also following HayrohsLegacy's guide to RK stat build:
http://forums.warppo...alance-renewal/
Posted Image

so in summary: Dragon Breath + Rune Mastery + Death Bound + IB/HS for 3rd job (2nd job skills will depend on the following arguments, brace yourselves for a bit of reading. lol)

It is meant for late game pvp/woe and on some occasions, ET and MVPing. I opted to go for all 3 weapon masteries (1HSword, 2HSword, Spear) to increase my versatility of weapon choice. Is it recommend to do so? (I can use a skill reset then distribute points from 1HSword mastery to endure, etc.) I'm torn between 2nd job spear skills and bowling bash (though both will be pretty useless when I'm 150/50), IB and HS (to be discussed later)

In my defense,

2 Handed Sword:
-Parry (though I don't have it yet) seems pretty good against big mobs of players/monsters and 1 hit KOs.
-When I'm Masqueraded off my dragon, this seems like a vaible back-up plan. Of course with descent food,pots, buffs.
-Was it Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter that can only be used with 2h swords? (Correct me if I'm wrong) Are these skills even worth getting their max level or just as a pre-req for IB?
-High Upgraded Alca Bringer
-Vellum Katzbalger (I still do not know where to get this sword lol)
-2 Hand Quiken

1 Handed Sword:
-advantages of a sword (more atkspd than spear) with the capability of carrying a shield.
-Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) for fire property for IB damage. (although fire property scroll can be used instead)

Spear:
-Many available heavy weapons for CS. hunting spear, cardo, etc.
-HS (if I do get it instead of IB)
-KVM Spear***

*** : KVM Weapon Choice
I do notice a lot (if not all) RK go for +9 and up Glorious spears for crush strike and pvp. I'm just wondering why not Glorious
Claymore or Glorious Flamberge for KVM weapons? If a player has all the 3 weapon masteries, would the weapon choice matter?

IB vs HS
I do like using CS and had thoughts about getting HS over IB but after reading through countless threads and watching countless of videos of these two skills, I am unsure. I currently have loads of skill points to spend but I can't decide on which skill I want to master. I also can't decide on myself because I do not know much of the cool down, skill delay, damage mechanics first hand. (I do know the formulas)

From what I've learned from weeks of study, a typical IB does 10k-20k+ (judging by lower level pvp and mobbing) and HS does roughly about the same (sometimes 10k to well armored, 50k-100k to no armored in pvp). (Again, correct me if these numbers are way off)

This is a video of a typical RK PvP, BUT the RK shows both HS and IB (that's right, no DB lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrELI4mVHLc
From this, it seems like HS and IB have similar cool down mechanics

I do like the idea of a high damage nuke I can use against 1v1 and MVPs(resistant to DB), but I also like the idea of IB as another AOE without my dragon and DB. IB is very position dependent while HS is not, thus HS is easier to cast and spam.

Can I get opinions from you guys/gals why or why not IB/HS? also estimated DPS would help. Please consider uses in WOE, ET, and MVP.

Thank you!

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Neither sonic wave nor windcutter are terribly useful.

Hayroh's distribution of int and vit is suboptimal; better DB damage is possible for the same number of stat points with a better planned distribution.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#3 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

The masteries suck. Mastery damage sucks, it doesn't get multiplied by skill modifiers. Compare skill damage with and without a mastery, with the same stats - the difference is really depressing. Never sacrifice anything for a mastery skill.

Mastery ATK

Mastery ATK is a special kind of ATK that has no elemental properties. While most masteries come from Passive Skills, there are someActive Skills such as Camouflage or Zen.

Properties
  • Because masteries are not elemental, they are unaffected by Ghost armors or Raydric Cards.
  • Since masteries are direct increases to ATK, they are affected by skill modifiers, DEF and damage increasing/decreasing effects.

#4 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

RKs usually dont do 1 hand swords. Save those for paladins. 2 hand and spear are where RKs excell. Reason for not getting 2 handed spear is because it exposes you for more damage. Getting close for a crush strike means you will likely. Get. hit so they opt for a shield and spear combo

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

BB/IB with 1-hand sword is apparently fairly popular for leveling (1-hand swords are considerably better than 1-hand spears, as a simple database search makes clear...).

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 April 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#6 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Seems like i got to answer your questions, since noone else is really trying to do so.

First u ask if its "recommended" to get all 3 masteries. for a hybrid build i would say its recommended to have the spear mastery and the 2handed mastery, getting the 1handed mastery is a preference, if u plan to spent alot of time IBing with a 1handed sword then get it cause it will increase the dmg by abit, personaly i spent most of the time IBing with a 2handed sword and if i need to use a shield i find spears equaly good with 1handed swords. like i said its a preference. also i dont find anything special in maxing endure unless u got a Tao like Hayroh and u still wanna reach 100 MDEF but there are still other ways to achieve that :hmm:

is Parry good vs 1hitKO skills?: Yes
is Parry good vs mob of ppl?: No
is Parry good vs mob of monsters?: Depends

Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter: Yes they are -_-ing useless

Vellum Katzbalger: u get that from Woe Weapon Boxes that drop in Hall of Abyss

KVM Weapon: I dont have a Glorious Flamberge but simple logic tells me that Glorious Spear does more dmg.

Vellum Katz is far better to Kvm Claymore if u are auto-attacking.

On skills even though kvm claymore have more Atk and lvl2 Slaughter bonuses it does around the same dmg with a Glorious Spear on players, reason is the Size Modifiers (if u are on a dragon/peco spears do 100% dmg on all sizes)(i dont own a kvm claymore but i have done tests with other playes that had)

IB vs HS: PERSONAL PREFERENCE

i never bother to test IB dmg vs "naked targets" but i got a feeling it should do 30k~
i have seen my HS dmg reach 100k++ on "naked targets" and i had really simple buffs that time

Both HS and IB are bad at woe/pvp mostly cause they have huge cooldowns that u cant reduce. also since the Woe Gear show up ppl just run arround with ALOT of demi-human reductions thats means that your DPS with those skills will be really -_-ing low.

If u want AoE DPS then Dragon Breath is better cause it bypass reductions and u can spam it with Magic Strings.
if u want a high damage nuke i find Crush Strike far better than HS

Edited by Kydon, 29 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#7 hypark

hypark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hayroh's distribution of int and vit is suboptimal; better DB damage is possible for the same number of stat points with a better planned distribution.

I understand your point, but IMO spending points for int and vit above 100 or 105 gives too little increase in DB damage. Without a Tao, an average player would have an increase of roughly 500 damage when increasing vit from 100 to 110. And that's a lot of skill points used. increasing int will from 100 to 110 will give even less damage.

But considering your suggestion, I can also consider these:
Str - 90 or Str - 80
Agi - 60 | Agi - 60
Vit - 100 | Vit - 105
Int - 100 | Int - 104
Dex - 81 | Dex - 80
Luk - 30 | Luk - 21

KVM Weapon: I dont have a Glorious Flamberge but simple logic tells me that Glorious Spear does more dmg.
On skills even though kvm claymore have more Atk and lvl2 Slaughter bonuses it does around the same dmg with a Glorious Spear on players, reason is the Size Modifiers (if u are on a dragon/peco spears do 100% dmg on all sizes)(i dont own a kvm claymore but i have done tests with other playes that had)

Yes, I figured glorious spear does 95%+ to demi while the flamberge deos 75%+. ah, and I forgot about the size modifiers all along... no wonder why.

i never bother to test IB dmg vs "naked targets" but i got a feeling it should do 30k~
i have seen my HS dmg reach 100k++ on "naked targets" and i had really simple buffs that time

Both HS and IB are bad at woe/pvp mostly cause they have huge cooldowns that u cant reduce. also since the Woe Gear show up ppl just run arround with ALOT of demi-human reductions thats means that your DPS with those skills will be really -_-ing low.

I'm assuming you have HS instead of IB. Does HS ever work in an MVP situation? or is it better to just CS/DB?

A very thorough reply Kydon, :thx: hehe. Perhaps I should have spliced this thread into separate threads so that there could be a focused topic. :D

#8 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

NO WE DONT NEED YET ANOTHER HS vs IB THREAD IN THIS FORUMS SECTION <_<

I actually have IB currently but i used to have HS for long time in my build

About MVPing first u need to consider that not all MVPs die to HS or IB and the reason is Agi Up that doubles their Flee, that means that u either Crit them to death or Dragon Breath them to death cause both ignore Flee (even though u could wait for the effect to go off and then kill them before they recast it, depends on the MVP)

Also in order for HS to do alot of dmg it takes specific gears aka "Ur's Set". there is nothing really wrong with ur's set its just that sometimes its better to have an elemental armor in order to tank the MVP. Same goes for Woe, if u walk into a Tao DB precast in woe u either have a tao armor or a fire armor or u are dead in 1 second.

HS vs IB is a personal preference. just get the skill u like more and u wont miss the other

about "CS/DB" when i said Crush strike is a better dmg nuke than HS i meant Pvp/woe NOT MVPing, if u meant Clashing Spiral its too weak after the nerf and both HS/IB outdmg it.

there are also alot of small things that u need to consider on a RK skill build

#9 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Vellum Katz is far better to Kvm Claymore if u are auto-attacking.

Vellum Claymore is better in most situations, but need buffs, +ATK equipments and high refined weapon.

+13 Glorious Claymore.

Vellum Katzbalger, WoE set and Glorious Ring.

Edited by SirDouglas, 02 May 2013 - 06:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users