Screenshot of the Ragnarok folders' contents, anyone? ^^" - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Screenshot of the Ragnarok folders' contents, anyone? ^^"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OmenDrals

OmenDrals

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hi guys, I've been playing ragnarok for years now, but lately I took some break. Now, since then I got my computer repaired a few times... And having no more money for repair, I have to get around a problem that I have with my PC. My problem is amusingly simple: I can't run .msi files.

Like, at all. ^^"""

I've been trying desperately to overcome this issue, been browsing the web for weeks, tried several solutions to no avail. I guess it's time to admit defeat. Now, Ragnarok comes into the picture as I would like to play here, but the installer file is indeed my very favourite one, an .msi. I have found and downloaded the official kro one which I can just put together without having any .msi installer involved, but I came to realize iRO is just iRO and I can't really use my kro files for this one.

So I tried this: I downloaded the .msi installer from here, Warpportal, and using 7zip I just copied the files it contained. All is good, now I have all the files from the installer, but my problem is that I have not the slightest which file goes to what folder, or what folder should I have and where to begin with.

This is roughly what it looks like just the .msi executed, some files are missing as I created the Gravity\Ragnarok Online folder manually and put some files and created folders that you guys have already (I used a picture from this forum somewhere as a reference):

Posted Image
("media1" and "media2" are the most interesting ones, media1 contains the actual RO files, such as bgms, .exe files and so on, whilst media2 contained one big, fat data.grf file, already put into the RO folder. I just didn't want to bother taking a screen of that too.)

So on the picture above you can see all the files that I have no idea where to put in the actual RO folder.

And this is how my ro folder looks like at the moment (the folders AI, data... System are all completely empty).

Posted Image

So what I would like to ask is, could someone list or take a screenshot of their healthy, working RO folders and subfolders (all of them) how should it look like? So I can put my files into their places.

I beg you T_T

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I recommend that you follow my instructions for performing a manual installation of the IRO client. I think doing so will make your life much easier. :lol:

Edited by Axylus, 27 April 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#3 OmenDrals

OmenDrals

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

That seems to work, thanks a lot! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users