• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Baneling

Baneling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hello, today I am having terrible FPS issues playing this game. (Frame skips repeatedly and non stop, not for a couple seconds at a time)

I was able to play for a little yesterday and after I got kicked off for the hackshield error is when this started acting up.

Anyone have any idea why? Im not running any virus scans/updates/anything intensive on my computer. Just iRO2 and its really bad.

#2 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

You're not alone, it started doing this to me while I was in the middle of fighting a monster in an aggro area. It was an incredible pain to get out of there.

At first I thought it was just my graphics card acting up, but after a restart and a check of other games, that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know what's causing it, but suddenly RO2 is unplayable.

#3 Inkkk

Inkkk

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Nope. Just turn off Shadows completely. Same as any other game. Games are killed by shadows.
Both the checkbox and the line.

Edited by Inkkk, 02 May 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#4 Demeon

Demeon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I have exactly the same problem! I played some time without any lag, freez or concerns of this kind and of a sudden this has happened since the launch of the same game on the login screen I have worries

I do not include it or I'm still looking for the cause ....

#5 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Actually, I didn't do anything, but it fixed itself after a minute of sitting. Weird.

#6 Baneling

Baneling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

So this seems to be a problem for some but not as much as the hackshield block from yesterday.

At the moment I am redownloading the game and installing it, I will let you guys know if its a quick fix (downloading from the iRO website took me about 30min)

EDIT::: Ok looks like after downloading a fresh game off the website my FPS issues have been fixed.

Go here http://playragnarok2.../clientdownload for the download, took me about 30 minutes. Also its a fully updated one (no patching for me when i did it)

Edited by Baneling, 02 May 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#7 Jkaotic

Jkaotic

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

I have the same issue. I played yesterday like 6 hours withouth problems. I even reached level 11. But since 10 minutes ago, i can not even move my character because the fps just dropped to almost 0.

It will be good if we can have an official answer.

Thanks.

Edited by Jkaotic, 02 May 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#8 Demeon

Demeon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

I try to change the setting and all set at the lowest nothing changes I expect a response from the media is all simply unplayable

#9 Baneling

Baneling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

i updated my second post.

EDIT::: Ok looks like after downloading a fresh game off the website my FPS issues have been fixed.

Go here http://playragnarok2.../clientdownload for the download, took me about 30 minutes. Also its a fully updated one (no patching for me when i did it)

#10 Jkaotic

Jkaotic

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I run the "repair" tool but it did not work. It will be a shame if the only solution its download the game again.

#11 Maroh

Maroh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

basically for me it happens randomly every once in a while, i get really bad frame skips and fps drops it runs at like 60~ fps most of the time, and just randomly out of nowhere, sometimes when im entering a new area, sometimes when im just crafting, or farming, anything it just drops to 10 fps, and it just goes REALLY choppy, like you can notice a skipped 2-3 frames every 2 or so seconds. the only way it fixes for me is if i go back to the character selection screen, then come back into the game.

Edited by Maroh, 02 May 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#12 CyanST

CyanST

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I fixed this problem by leaving the game open at the Login screen, and waiting like 5 mins. didnt happen again.

#13 Mysticstrider

Mysticstrider

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Bump! I have a high end computer that can run any game at high settings without suffering FPS problems, you know games that I play: "World of Warcraft, Battlefield 3, Tomb Raider, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Crysis 3, etc." Even these games I don't suffer FPS loss and in Ragnarok 2 I get like 20-30 fps average, like wtf I even meet pass the recommended requirements for this game and I'm suffering heavy FPS loss!!! Someone needs to fix this problem. I think this game is really poorly optimized, don't you guys think?
My specs:
i5-3570k
GTX 560ti
8gb(2x4gb) DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 Pro

#14 Jells

Jells

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yes, it is poorly optimised in most ways, especially concerning high-end machines.

Luckily I've been running on 30fps most of the time, I didn't really check because I can tell what's 30fps and what's 20fps. And it never dropped down to something really suspiciously weird. I was concerned though when I read it limits one to 30fps.. I mean, what's that -_-?

I even got a better system than the poster above me. I've got everything organised properly, software, drivers and whatnot. Maybe it's that. Maybe RO2 is somehow optimised for me...

#15 Leaon

Leaon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

There was another thread that had a similar problem and wrote how I dealt with my FPS issue. It didnt permanently fix the problem, but at least made RO2 playable and smooth time to time. After messing around with the settings, i noticed Sunlight Effect is whats causing my framerate to jittered so I turned it off while everything else is at maxed and checked (except for shadow, I dropped it to 3).
I even went into my GPU control panel and switched on Vsync and tripple buffering. So far my FPS been stable for a couple of hours but would occasionally drop for a couple of min and gets back up again . . . which is really annoying. They really need to optimize the game.

Edit: Just in case my specs are pretty high end so for sure its not the lack of power.

Edited by Leaon, 02 May 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#16 Silversun21

Silversun21

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Yea seems like RO2 is just terribly optimized, just like RO1 was. Got and i7 3770k and a 660Ti and it still plays like crap... Generally it feels like it's between 20 and 30 fps and in densely populated areas and towns/cities it can become a slide show (guesstimate:15 fps ..).

Redownloading the client via the download manager, as suggested above, did seem to help a bit... but not much.

The FMVs are a total jitter-fest as well, sadly.

I really hope this gets pick up on by WarpPortal because the game is such a lightweight programme, this should not be happening,

#17 yerai.castellanos.juegos@gmail.com

yerai.castellanos.juegos@gmail.com

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have an amd hd 7870 with and i5 and still the same -_- :(. Going with 40fps then turn the camera and like 20fps or something. Hope warpPortal will fix this issue.

#18 Xanos

Xanos

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I just encountered the same problem today...i will let you all know if I find a solution.

#19 Pathog3n

Pathog3n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Using fraps I can confirm I'm getting a constant 30 frames which seems what the game is locked at. Even when its choppy, it stays locked at 30. My guess is its server sided because all of the traffic the server is getting at launch and from the Europeans flooding the server too..

#20 Silversun21

Silversun21

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

If it's true that the game is locked at 30 FPS then I really, reaaaally hope it's a bug. Judging by the other topic it does seem like a bug or fix to handle server load. Thank goodness, hope this clears up soon though!

Edited by Silversun21, 04 May 2013 - 03:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users