[Guide] Wolfs Cave Dungeon (lvl 17) - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Guide] Wolfs Cave Dungeon (lvl 17)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

The original guide can be found here on our guild website~:
http://underdogsguil.../post/last#last

After challenging this dungeon last night with Noell and Kailie(and some other K person who wasnt in guild) I gathered a few tips and tricks to pulling it off.
(we did not beat it last night, but we will today!)

Prior to entering the cave:

1.Make sure your gear is at least lvl 13+, gear heavily influences your stats/defense/attack.
2. Bring at least 60 HP potions and 40 Blue Potions.
3. Come with a full team. (we tried it with 4 people)
Posted Image
Formation:

The best way to organize your group inside is to allow the tank to initiate all fights. Then from the tank(click on their character icon) you can target the monster the tank is targeting by clicking the monster icon attached to the tankers icon. If the tank isnt targeting a monster, you shouldnt be attacking it.

Ranged DPS classes should be far back, as well as the healer. Really the only people in any monsters face are melee DPS and tanks.

Map:
Posted Image

First Boss:
Giant Poring Pirate Dude Man Thing
Keep with same formation. But be ready to move when he casts his AoE poison under you. It will remain on the ground for some time.
He can change you into a poporing. Luckily it doesnt last long.
Kill the summons as they are summoned, the tank will be busy holding the boss. Tank on boss, healer on tank, everyone else smashing summoned monsters ASAP then back to boss.

I'm pretty sure the poring boss transforms players into popo's and when it runs out the popo pops and that is what causes the slime on the floor. So if you see a player turned into a popo, move away.

Posted Image

Second Boss:
Ugly Enormous Spidermacallit
This boss isnt melee friendly at all. It has numerous close range attacks that pin you down, and one that poisons you. They all looked like aoes. Keep the same formation as above, and follow the same procedure. You shouldnt have to move around for this boss fight.
Posted Image

Third Boss:
Big Ass Wolf Mo-fo(Scar)
This guy is really tough, not only is it a long fight. but quite a few things to look out for.
1. He sometimes changes target even if the threat is highest on the tank. In that situation, stop attacking and run away until he changes back to tank target.
2. His ground AoE looks like a red earthquake NEVER STAND ONTOP OF IT. It killed Noell in just a few second. Run away as soon as you see it. Damage dealers stop attacking so tank can reestablish threat.
3. When he gets to low health, he has a sort of rage mode. This is where we died each time. If we had another damage dealer or healer we would have won!(This is why you should always bring a full party)

When Red Scar (wolf boss) does a massive AoE stun which hits your entire party, he'll immediately place an Earthquake on the person he is targeting (which 99% of the time should be the tank) after the stun is finished. Use that as your queue to be prepared to run away from that Earthquake.

He'll also randomly switch targets at certain points. This is where the tank throws a Provoke (or any aggro grabbing skill) to grab his attention again.

Posted Image

ABOUT THIS GUIDE:
I'm still very new to RO2, so feel free to correct me if I am misinterpreting anything or misrepresenting.
EDIT: Smashed him in this morning.
Posted Image

Edited by Theoretical, 08 May 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#2 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Added a crude map.

#3 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Cool guide! Thanks :3

#4 Mazohyst

Mazohyst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Odin - LOTS

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Nice guide for players that are about to head in there. One thing that everyone needs to learn and understand is if a boss puts something below you, get the hell out of it.

If you die because you're standing in something and you KNOW that it can kill you, then you honestly deserve to die.

+1 to your post.

Edited by Mazohyst, 04 May 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#5 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the poring boss transforms players into popo's and when it runs out the popo pops and that is what causes the slime on the floor. So if you see a player turned into a popo, move away.

#6 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Added your tip to the guide!

#7 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just a tip for knights: Don't shield charge across the bridges. You will get stuck and be unable to do anything in the fight, even if the mobs are brought close enough. It traps you in a never ending charge, forcing you to log out. I just had this happen a little bit ago when charging Scar.

#8 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just a tip for knights: Don't shield charge across the bridges. You will get stuck and be unable to do anything in the fight, even if the mobs are brought close enough. It traps you in a never ending charge, forcing you to log out. I just had this happen a little bit ago when charging Scar.

This goes for beast charge as well! (Beastmaster Skill)

Because of that I just took it off my skill bar.

#9 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Might as well throw these tips in too.

When Red Scar (wolf boss) does a massive AoE stun which hits your entire party, he'll immediately place an Earthquake on the person he is targeting (which 99% of the time should be the tank) after the stun is finished. Use that as your queue to be prepared to run away from that Earthquake.

He'll also randomly switch targets at certain points. This is where the tank throws a Provoke (or any aggro grabbing skill) to grab his attention again.

Edited by frostsense, 07 May 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#10 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Might as well throw these tips in too.

Added your tip to the guide!

#11 Humm

Humm

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Great guide, thanks!!

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

this may be answered elsewhere, but what exactly do you have to do to get the "Wolf Killer"(or whatever it is) Khara title? The description makes no sense.

#13 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

this may be answered elsewhere, but what exactly do you have to do to get the "Wolf Killer"(or whatever it is) Khara title? The description makes no sense.

You have to complete all quests related to the dungeon, including Khara quests that ask to kill certain monsters inside multiple times and the quests naturally given through story progression and side quests related.

#14 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

You have to complete all quests related to the dungeon, including Khara quests that ask to kill certain monsters inside multiple times and the quests naturally given through story progression and side quests related.

I figured it out. There was a khara quest that I needed to challenge that I had missed

#15 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Great guide! It may be worth mentioning the kharas that you do in there. You could mark on the map where the Trainers are.

Also, there is a khara quest to get the weapons. You only need ONE weapon and it doesn't matter which of the molar weapons it is. You can also trade the weapons if you trade them BEFORE you leave the dungeon so if you trust people that's an easy way to help everyone complete the quest. We did it with a bow when we didn't have an archer in our party so we could all have the khara done.

#16 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Also one thing that's kind of universal, but that we ran into with Scar, make sure not to pull the boss too far from its spawning point or it will run back and be fully healed.
When we had that problem, we were just three of us, me as acolyte with a ranger and an assassin (yes, we were overleveled, which is why we could get away with being with just the three of us and no tank). We approached Scar from the north and the ranger pulled Scar to the northern platform. I was standing by the bridge to the next platform from there, away from the fight, healing the other two. At some point Scar switched to me (either because of healing threat or a random switch, don't know) and was healed and ran back to his spawnpoint. At which point, the healer was blamed, obviously ;-) they thought I had been pulling threat by damaging him, as if I could have outdamaged a ranger and assassin :P
So... if at all possible, just fight the boss at its spawnpoint and avoid this problem.

#17 autior

autior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

I did this dungeon at lvl19 with a 19 Thief and 18 Archer (I was an aco), and actually, due to team comp, Scar was the hardest boss I had to deal with until now (did Izlude Cave and Sea Temple with full 5-members party: that was a piece of cake!).

#18 ririania

ririania

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

can people help me party in wolves dungeon? pls add my id raranoa, magician level 19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users