Laggy Ro once I hold a button down? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Laggy Ro once I hold a button down?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

I know, it sounds weird. It doesn't even seem like a huge issue unless im continously tapping buttons like when I spam potions, but man, the game get's laggy our of nowhere. I use wtfast, gameplay is not happening under a bad connection ( ive sent in a tracert before ), and this issue happened before last weeks maintenance, the maintenance on Tuesday, April 23 seemed to cure it but the maintenance that followed on the 30th, returned the issue to me. That can't be an issue with my computer since it happened all week, and I never run all kinds of different programs while I play Ragnarok. The issue is not on my end, but I firmly believe that something changed during the maintenance that is causing this issue. And I have tried running as admin, the issue persists. Oh also, It doesnt lag ro if I hold a button down on a different tab ( i.e Writing this post in the browser while ro runs int he background.

Any help? Much appreciated.

EDIT*
I seemed to have resolved the issue. Weird. Don't even know what I did. Please delete this post!

Edited by Thallein, 06 May 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I've un-deleted this thread. You're not the only one who's reported this issue - I'm very interested in what you might have done to fix it (though I also wouldn't be surprised if the behavior is unpredictable, like the lag-while-moving-the-mouse issue)

#3 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm glad you undeleted it. I was about to post about it again. The lag that night somehow left. I don't know what I did. But now, I can't get it to go away. It's a BIG problem. I remember doing something like...closing all clients, opening classic normally, running sakray as admin, running renewal as admin, closing classic, running that as admin with the others open. then closing sakray and classic. I dont know. I did so much that night, I could't not even tell you where i started. I barely remember any of it, Azzy.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Is it lagging when you hold a button down? Or when you're rapidly pressing a button repeatedly (as in the using potions example)?

When you lag, does mouse movement get laggy, or is it just network communication that's lagging?

#5 EthanWulf

EthanWulf

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I have been having this same problem for some time now (I choose to ignore it, but I know a number of people that have this rare issue) I still have reason to believe that its a client side issue that happens while in windows mode for along time while having multiple background programs on the desktop open and alt+tabbing.

Right now I am playing the game in Full-Screen mode (in hope of finding a answer) or looking more into what is causing this game-play problem.

The times that it happen for me are when;
-Fighting monsters.
-Moving camera around in the middle of a lot of objects, monsters, people.
-Standing idle near a lot of objects, monsters, people.
-During a dungeon raid with party.

**The drop if FPS spikes really hard for a few seconds then drops to a sketchy (still playable) frame rate. But after a few minutes or hours of running the client while the FPS is slightly bad. The spike comes back up and stays forever (or in some cases that I read it stays for 10~30 minutes) rendering the client unplayable.**

The only fixes I found and read are:
-Re-installing the client. (Always works, but when I did this for the 4th time that it happen the FPS came back much more quicker that I had to do this fix 3 times through-out the weekend...annoying)
-Logging off and staying idle at the log-in screen till the client animation smooths it-self out. (only happen one time for me, I waited for a good 20 minutes)
-Exiting the client and starting it again (rarely works)
-Restarting your computer (Never try'd it. I might do it next time it happens.)

**All of these problems only happen while in windows mode for me. If anyone that reads this can vouch for it happening while in full-screen that would be great (because I would rather now have it happen at all, Window mode or Full.**

I hope this patch that will happen soon fix all of these bugs, spelling errors, graphical glitches, UI bugs, etc etc. That makes the game unbearable for a potential number of people that would like to enjoy Ragnarok Online 2.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

That makes the game unbearable for a potential number of people that would like to enjoy Ragnarok Online 2.

Wait, are you experiencing these problems with Ragnarok Online, or Ragnarok Online 2?

#7 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Why was this thread deleted? I have the same problem with pressing down the shift key to party buff. I have sticky keys turned off.

#8 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is it lagging when you hold a button down? Or when you're rapidly pressing a button repeatedly (as in the using potions example)?

When you lag, does mouse movement get laggy, or is it just network communication that's lagging?

If I hold a button down, or tap a button fast enough, the whole RO client lags. The mouse, the graphics...and it's just RO, not my computer or anything. So if I am tabbed with RO in the background like now, and I hold the button down, there is no issue.

I had deleted this thread because I must have done something that fixed it. I thought it was only something on my end but now I know it's not.

Wait, are you experiencing these problems with Ragnarok Online, or Ragnarok Online 2?

Ragnarok Online 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users