Is my party doing something wrong? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is my party doing something wrong?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonkeeper

crimsonkeeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I ask this because so far out of the 3-4 parties I tanked or DPSed in all couldn't get past the 2nd boss of Izlude Cave because it decided to randomly switch agro to the healer and 3-shot him or her. Is there anything as a tank I can do about that or is it just hope the person has enough hp to survive the agro switch?

#2 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Join the club, I still can't get pass it.
I did once, but I died and had a 31 Archer, and a tank.
It focused me, the priest, and I died. :c
Honestly, the dungeon is harder than it should be for level's 25 or so
Imo, since I have make Holy waters, use Asperio, HH or Heal and HH only gives 2 people a heal.
I don't have enough time to buff up my skills since there is a lot going on. I wish we had a better AOE heal at this level.

Edited by Alleggretto, 07 May 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#3 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

The ranged member of you party who is being hit by Peno must move sideways for the hitting to be stopped.
When Peno summons adds, tank/offtank must AoE coz those adds will aggro the healer.
When Peno rages, summon guardian and ff on Peno.

It's easy guys...this thing isn't even near as hard as Bapho H --> PvE H --> CoA --> onwards.

Edited by iyoter, 07 May 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#4 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

The ranged member of you party who is being hit by Peno must move sideways.
When Peno summons adds, tank/offtank must AoE coz those adds will aggro the healer.
When Peno rages, summon guardian and ff on Peno.

I meant to respond to this on my own topic about this
This doesn't work...Unless you mean AS he hits you, move as soon as the water ball comes..
I moved 2-3 times and still died. I don't have that much time to move around and heal everyone since
only Renovatio is my only move around heal. Again, too much going on and this is a hard dungeon for some reason.

#5 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

It seems pretty random to me, I've tanked and DPS'd it as Beastmaster and we've had deaths before(close calls lol), but have always killed it in the end. It should be noted though that when the adds spawn they sometimes spawn inside of the Penomena so DPS/tank should be watching for that as well. They don't hit super hard but one or two on the healer can make all the difference.

#6 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

We always had everyone stick together with Penomena so the healer can AoE heal effectively. I know it's weird for ranged casters to do this but it helps.

Edited by Chocs, 07 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#7 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I meant to respond to this on my own topic about this
This doesn't work...Unless you mean AS he hits you, move as soon as the water ball comes..
I moved 2-3 times and still died. I don't have that much time to move around and heal everyone since
only Renovatio is my only move around heal. Again, too much going on and this is a hard dungeon for some reason.

Are you sure it was Peno that was hitting you and not the adds?

#8 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Peno uses the water ball thing right?
That's about a 1-3 thing hit for me to die. The adds don't hurt as much.
Does the tank need to taunt constantly or what? xD

#9 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Peno uses the water ball thing right?
That's about a 1-3 thing hit for me to die. The adds don't hurt as much.
Does the tank need to taunt constantly or what? xD

What you die in 3 hits?

Peno and the adds all uses water balls. The adds do hurt if all of them focuses on you + Peno's aoe DOT. Your a Priest right? When noone takes aggro on those adds asap, you'll get their aggro as soon as you use Heals. I really think it was the adds that 3hits you and not Peno. I've done this many times back in sea server and did this also here, even taught our Priest, so I'm pretty sure it works.

#10 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

We always had everyone stick together with Penomena so the healer can AoE heal effectively. I know it's weird for ranged casters to do this but it helps.

^ is how we did it too, with me helping the healer through my land of recovery.

#11 saizo

saizo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

As a priest who's gone through it, I can tell you that this is the dungeon where you learn the importance of crisis management.

Having updated gear and or cards with VIT. Using VIT food so your hp is over 1k buffed

Using hp pots on yourself

Aspersio stacking and proper use of heal crit + High heal (anticipate the hard hitting AoE, then use Asp+high heal on the tank group...then heal the ranged players)

And of course, your team doing its job by tanking properly, killing adds, and knowing when to dps it down

I ran through there on my alt yesterday and today and there are a lot of healers who find that they aren't built right for the fight itself. Which you can give people a pass for since the game is new. Not everyone cares about working out a proper build before playing. But If you went hybrid and or put 5 points in holy light, or if you as an aco are trying to fight with your group........it ain't gonna end well. If you are really having problems you can always just come back after you are 25+ and have more hp/skills

Edited by saizo, 07 May 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#12 crimsonkeeper

crimsonkeeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

So basically the healer has to be overly good to even stand a chance, well that is just wonderful and it seems like an overtuned boss to me.

#13 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

haha, I was killed by that fight too, initially. First time, my party members did not understand the concept of killing adds. Second time I died was sort of bad luck.
Adds would spawn, tank didn't have an AoE and no one touched the adds. So being the healer, I get all of their attention pretty quickly. First wave of their attacks would take me down by maybe 1/3 of my health. And then Penomena would take away half of my health.

I died within maybe 2-3 seconds with that first fight. No one else had any idea what happened, and someone even went, "HEALER WATCH UR HEALTH!" Went better after I told them they need to attack the adds.
Second time I died was within a second. Wave of attacks from adds, and then Penomena crit me. That wasn't something anyone could help

So key thing: make sure people take care of adds immediately.
Otherwise, keep Renovatio up on yourself, and try to be ready with Asp+HH.

You don't -need- to be overgeared or overleveled, but it would make things easier. Same with having a tank who has an AoE.
I didn't even have any cards equipped because I forgot about them, and I didn't start leveling Blessing until past Lv.35.

#14 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

That's another problem.
Warriors or tanks didn't have the AOE attacks yet one said.
So I think on the other hand, while the Adds start rolling, they all attack Peno and not the adds that end up hurting the long range.
You basically have to actually strategzied on what to do.
So in the end, get adds and we're good to go? I feel like the theives are hard to heal. xD They die so fast lol when one join us I'm like
"Oh god. xD"

#15 saizo

saizo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Bosses don't get any easier from here on out. So yes, your healer needs to be good, otherwise you gon' die!

#16 HarukaRinn

HarukaRinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

As a healer, for bosses I know that'll switch aggro, I stand near the tank and tell the ranged DDs to stand together. That way if it switches you can highness heal either one group or the other. Helps to have a sorc casting LoR on the ranged group too :p_hi:

Also, before the bosses rage (<10% HP), just keep Renovatio on all the chars continuously.

Edited by HarukaRinn, 07 May 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#17 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I also noticed no one mentioned that the boss can't be ranged, or else it resets indefinitely until you melee it. But yeah, you need a REALLY good healer.

#18 HarukaRinn

HarukaRinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only problem with that is Highness Heal only hits 3 people. If all 5 are gathered around Peno, you might miss the heal on someone who needs it, and hit someone who's on full hp.

#19 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Fast taunt can change the target to you again.

#20 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

The only problem with that is Highness Heal only hits 3 people. If all 5 are gathered around Peno, you might miss the heal on someone who needs it, and hit someone who's on full hp.

That's what I'm saying.
It hits 2 allies and heals yourself making it 3.
So that's a problem. I must not be a good healer then. xD It's going good till adds hit me or the AOE hit from Peno.

#21 saizo

saizo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

You can cast high heal on party members. So its best to keep the melee bunched up. And you stand back with your ranged members. So you can be ready to HH either group

#22 HarukaRinn

HarukaRinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

You can cast high heal on party members. So its best to keep the melee bunched up. And you stand back with your ranged members. So you can be ready to HH either group

Yep. Sometimes I get parties with only ranged DD (3 of them), so I'll stand next to the tank regardless, to make HH more effective.

#23 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

From a tank perspective, the best you can do is simply make sure that neither the boss or adds hits the healer and use a pot to try and keep your aggro up. Depending on the tank that you are (BM or Monk), you will have to leave adds to another player because the best you can hit is 3 (you can get more out of BM but it's only a knockdown skill). However, as a knight or warrior you have your up to 10 mob AoE type skill that you can use. The recommendation for beating Izlude is to do main tank, off-tank, 2 dps, 1 healer. However, if you really want to play it safe, get 2 healers. That's how I went through it without any deaths. Queue up Aspersio + HH for the affected healer, while the healer tries to heal him/herself. Basically, if your team's defense is simply too weak, try strengthening by either getting more tanky, or get another character that is capable of healing.

#24 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Is that really how it works here? I thought it was a bug.

This makes all the difference...

#25 Skize

Skize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think the main boss is the biggest issue. As someone else said, it's the adds. People have this weird problem where they forget about the adds altogether as if this was everyone's first mmorpg. Unless you're running with a group of people you KNOW will do great, you're going to have to lay down the ground rules in every run. So far, I've only had one random archer taking off adds that come for me using traps, etc. without me saying anything.

In most mmorpgs, the way to go at a boss that summons adds is to have the main tank focus on the boss, and if any adds spawn, everyone focuses down on the adds immediately, while the healer can focus on healing the main tank with relative ease. After all the adds are gone, everyone focuses back on the boss. I believe this is how it should be done here as well, but for some odd reason, everyone, inconveniently, has forgotten the most common method used when it comes to dungeon running in mmorpgs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users