Party Encounter Videos of RO2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Party Encounter Videos of RO2

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi there,

I just wanted to share with the community some videos I've made recenlty of different party encounters in RO2. So far, it is the Wolves Cave and Izlude Cave.

The Wolves Cave
Spoiler

The Izlude Cave
Spoiler

Edited by Nitro, 16 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#2 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Even if tank taunts, it wont matter, the tank doesn't need to taunt, it already had full aggro. The boss just randomly attacks someone else for a little while, there is nothing the tank can do. It's all on the healer and the person that is being attacked to stay alive. If our stuns actually worked on dungeon bosses then it'd be a different story, but they don't. 0% chance from what i've seen. Which is dumb cause they work on the world bosses.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Really? The tanks I've been in group with lately are getting aggro back near instantly. The Penomena use to stick to people in other parties until they died.

#4 Skize

Skize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Like someone said before in another thread, I think it's not the boss that's killing the healer, and whatnot. It's the adds. The boss does a lot of damage, but not enough that the healer can't heal. It's when your DPS isn't fast enough in reacting to adds that you'll end up wiping. The adds attacking combined with the boss is what does a LOT of damage. So just make sure your party is focusing down on the adds and you should be good to go.

#5 G1234t

G1234t

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...dark...

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Nice to see my red light saber joke in chat lol. Havent done this one yet will probably try tonight.

#6 Jaese

Jaese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Taunting does peel it back, speaking from experience. If your tank is on the ball, they can taunt immediately on the target switch and greatly minimize the damage to the random.

#7 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Bosses in this game will attack random party members on various occasions even if the tank has the most aggro. It's really up to your healer to pay attention to the damage everyone is receiving and the player themselves also there are times when adds will spawn and the dps will need to kill them. If your dps is not paying attention that is another way people will die. It just takes a bit of teamwork to make it through dungeons to tell you the truth, I had more trouble at vadon then penomena because of his aoe.

#8 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

I can honestly say I've only had a problem with this boss once and thats because people didnt listen when I told them the ranged should kill the hydras before we went at the boss. It was party stupidity and not encounter mechancis that time, otherwise I've never had an issue (as healer).

#9 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'd honestly love to heal this place if my healer could actually make it to this level. FS has been painful slow without parties for quests, at least for me.

#10 Hinano

Hinano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

After failing 5 times with the Penomena at level 25 I've given up on this dungeon and its quests and moved on to Payon.
I understand making challenging bosses but they should still be doable by a party of 5 at the appropriate level without having to rely on cash shop items or whatnot.
All this does is frustrate me and discourage me from bothering. It doesn't "motivate me" to spend money on the game (in fact it does the opposite.)

#11 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

People actually think IC is hard...?

It's a pretty easy dungeon( like wolf's cave and Sea god) if you ask me. The dungeons which require better coordination start with secret Forest Tomb.
I can't even imagine why people would be dying on IC lol. Unless your DPS isn't killing the adds when the boss spawns them, the tank isn't tanking, the healer isn't healing, and nobody is carrying emergency pots(not that they are even needed here). That or you guys play in parties with 1 healer and 5 DPS or something like that.

#12 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

After failing 5 times with the Penomena at level 25 I've given up on this dungeon and its quests and moved on to Payon.
I understand making challenging bosses but they should still be doable by a party of 5 at the appropriate level without having to rely on cash shop items or whatnot.
All this does is frustrate me and discourage me from bothering. It doesn't "motivate me" to spend money on the game (in fact it does the opposite.)

Sounds like you need to check your parties skill and stats. This is reminding me real hard of a DPS priest griping he couldn't keep a party up on Penomena with his weaksauce heals.

I ran it the first time at level 24 as thief, and had no issues. I recorded that video as an assassin because I had forgot to record one prior. As for your "pay 2 win" arguement, I'm old school. I had to pay to play games up hill both ways in the snow and grind like a mad dog to progress. If that bugs you, then so sorry! :)

People actually think IC is hard...?

It's a pretty easy dungeon( like wolf's cave and Sea god) if you ask me. The dungeons which require better coordination start with secret Forest Tomb.
I can't even imagine why people would be dying on IC lol. Unless your DPS isn't killing the adds when the boss spawns them, the tank isn't tanking, the healer isn't healing, and nobody is carrying emergency pots(not that they are even needed here). That or you guys play in parties with 1 healer and 5 DPS or something like that.

I and many others 1-shot it the first time we ever set foot in the place. The idea to make a video came after hearing many complaints of people not being able to beat Penomena... Most things I'm seeing in parties in DPS tunnel vision on boss allowing adds to ravage the healer, tanks that sit in one spot and don't taunt, and healers spec DPS. Penomena makes a welcome meal of those kind of parties, unless they over level the dungeon and come back! :)

Edited by Nitro, 14 May 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#13 WongDai

WongDai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

i cant even find a party to do this lol

#14 Owlsu

Owlsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

To anyone who's having problems with this dungeon, you're going to be pretty angry after you finish it's quests...the next bunch of quests you get are to go do another dungeon :)

Edited by Owlsu, 14 May 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#15 Hinano

Hinano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like you need to check your parties skill and stats. This is reminding me real hard of a DPS priest griping he couldn't keep a party up on Penomena with his weaksauce heals.

I ran it the first time at level 24 as thief, and had no issues. I recorded that video as an assassin because I had forgot to record one prior. As for your "pay 2 win" arguement, I'm old school. I had to pay to play games up hill both ways in the snow and grind like a mad dog to progress. If that bugs you, then so sorry! :)

I and many others 1-shot it the first time we ever set foot in the place. The idea to make a video came after hearing many complaints of people not being able to beat Penomena... Most things I'm seeing in parties in DPS tunnel vision on boss allowing adds to ravage the healer, tanks that sit in one spot and don't taunt, and healers spec DPS. Penomena makes a welcome meal of those kind of parties, unless they over level the dungeon and come back! :)

I was a level 25 wizard at the time and my friend was a 25 assassin. I was doing about 200-400 damage a hit on the Penomena and when its sidekicks showed up I'd usually attack them first. Our healer was some random person who I think was a priest but I don't know his stats and he barely spoke any English. For all I know he could have been a bad healer and while our Knight was also a random person, he said he kept trying to get every aggro thing on to him. The other person was a level 25 hunter.

Let's say that the hunter, priest and knight weren't so great. That's not the point I am making. For dungeons I will often join up with random parties so it's never a guarantee that you will have the perfect party of people who will know what they are doing. The problem with the game is, it EXPECTS everyone playing to "know what they are doing" and be a perfectly efficient party. It does not give room for error and what I meant with the cash items is that it expects you to be "stupid and pay money unless you know how to make a perfectly efficient character in your class".

Sure dungeons should be a challenge, but just because a priest isn't full support and maybe a battle priest it doesn't mean that the dungeon should be unclearable?? It should allow room for error and as long as you got your party of 5 you should still be able to clear it even if your priest doesn't heal well enough etc. This game is ridiculously unforgiving in dungeons as I've not had problems clearing mini bosses outside the dungeon and to me that's just poor balance.

I also want to add that we had no problems clearing Vadon king twice, but the Penomena wiped us out multiple times. That kind of imbalance is ridiculous.

Edited by Hinano, 14 May 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#16 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

But with a coordinated party, it's pretty easy to clear. If you make it so almost anyone can clear, there goes any bit of challenge to everyone else. Even with a random party, I've found some people who are willing to figure out what's going on and strategize to clear.. and others who are not. If so, it's best to just try again with another group, and maybe look at what you could be doing better in the future.

#17 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

An additional video has been uploaded showing the first party dungeon in RO2: the Wolves Cave. I hope this is useful for those that are just starting their adventure in Ragnarok Online 2. Additional videos will be uploaded overtime as I am able to progress.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users