Got the "Blank World" while trying to get into colo - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Got the "Blank World" while trying to get into colo

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

So I had to force quit. Now I can't ever get into colo, because the icon disappeared. I hope people are having fun.

Edited by Iyeru, 15 May 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#2 Grimeg

Grimeg

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland, St. Gallen

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

happend to me aswell..... the 2nd time now.

#3 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yup, I'm in that same boat *lesigh*

#4 AnjelSyndicate

AnjelSyndicate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Likewise, so much for that idea XD

#5 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Did anyone take a screenshot or video of this?

#6 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Did anyone take a screenshot or video of this?

no video but, what it does is act like it going to take you there [ all mobs\npcs ] dissapear and you are left in an empty world.
It never actually teleports you. In my case it spit me out in prontera near the pvp arena, I was originally in Izlude forest.
This bug continues onto instances too, any time you die\teleport out of an instance you have to shut the client down.

Edited by IItzNate, 15 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#7 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'll make a video on the next colo. I have a serious feeling it'll do it again.

#8 Grimeg

Grimeg

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland, St. Gallen

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

It's not only colo for me. Since the patch i dc every time i try to join a instance....

#9 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Video will be in this thread:

http://forums.warppo...-spam-and-bugs/

#10 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I personally couldnt join the colo that just ended at all, and anytime i die in a or leave a dungeon everything despawns and it doesnt teleport me properly.

#11 Ketzzz

Ketzzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hi this had been happening to me too since colo patch. There is still a way to enter colo by reconnecting to the game before entering colo, it seems that upon reconnection warping to instance works normally for a good 5-10min time frame. But when colo ends it doesn't warp me out because 10min had passed.

#12 Hypey

Hypey

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hi this had been happening to me too since colo patch. There is still a way to enter colo by reconnecting to the game before entering colo, it seems that upon reconnection warping to instance works normally for a good 5-10min time frame. But when colo ends it doesn't warp me out because 10min had passed.

Yup, having the same problem.

#13 igotbbcd

igotbbcd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

k ffs, day 2, colo icon appears, click, gets d/c, reconnect, empty pvp arena, gotta wait hours now GG.

#14 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Still can't get into Colosseum today either...

#15 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oh thanks i was thinking this was only happening to me QQ.
Also I've been having problems with ingame chat it won't let me join any channels other than party and guild
and it also doesn't show anything that has been written in those chats.

(doubt i got banned since i rarely go into chat but if i did would've been nice to get some type of notice haha)

#16 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Still can't get into Colosseum today either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnlFQ02eVs

If you relog before entering the queue it will allow you to play, that is the only way around this bug i've found.

Like a post above me said, relogging gives you a 5-10 minute window to enter anything and it correctly teleport you.

From what I see its not teleporting us on our side but it is server side.

For me this starting happening on the day the colo patch was introduced.

I think it came from a wolf cave random dungeon queue I was allowed to enter that I shouldn't have been able too, as I was level 29.

I helped them do wolf cave so I wouldn't get the 30min debuff for dungeon finder. After finishing the dungeon and leaving party so it would teleport out, it did the above bug we are all experiencing.

If you guys could confirm that you were also allowed to enter a dungeon you didnt have the level to enter [as in it correctly teleported you] then that might be where the bug came from.

#17 vFlare

vFlare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I've been capable of getting into Colosseum perfectly fine the previous two or so times. It wasn't until today that I logged in, was standing in the middle of the shops in Prontera on Channel 1 and clicked the Colosseum icon after everything in Prontera had loaded. Everything in Prontera unloaded (NPCs disappeared, shops disappeared, players disappeared, mailbox disappeared) and I did not get teleported. I was able to talk to other players in the chat via public chat, but I was not capable of changing channels or normally exiting the game. After waiting for two minutes to see if it was ever going to load, I was forced to close Ragnarok via the task manager. When I logged back in, I was standing near the PvP/Battle Arena NPCs rather than the center of Prontera.

Maybe that'll provide more information alongside the video.

Edited by vFlare, 16 May 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#18 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I logged in again about two minutes after this next crash / video, still couldn't get in. So above "fix" or "Workaround" won't work for me.

Here's where I was two mins after I quit and logged back in...

#19 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

The 5-10m supposed window is just based on the post above.
I relog when the arenas start then queue as soon as i log in and it teleports me correctly, Ide try immediately joining the queue

Im sure the timeframe is much shorter than a minute even.
I also get stuck when colo ends and have to reload the client, atleast i get my points\boxes in the mail!

Edited by IItzNate, 16 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#20 LosPeaches

LosPeaches

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I can get into the colo but not out. I have to re log. Before i enter a dungeon everything dissapears then i have to force close the client then reopen it just to get into the dungeon. Also every time I died I had to force close and open the client again and cross my fingers the party hasn't booted me. This makes the game VERY unplayable.

#21 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

yeah. Every time I try to enter raid dungeons, dungeons, or exit them or resurrect outside. I have to force quit usually too.

#22 Ketzzz

Ketzzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Ok my problem had been fixed after rolling back from windows 8 to windows 7, thanks to a recovery using Windows.old folder. However, i dont believe it is an OS issue.

3 things i noticed after rollback:
-On windows 8 my ethernet lan driver was outdated(14.8.1.12), while on windows 7 i have a more updated version(15.4.0.10)

-On windows 8 i do not have Compatibility tab when right click>properties on RO2 Client, while on windows 7 i checked the box to run on compatibility mode with windows xp service pack 2 and Run this program as an administrator.

-Lastly by investigating the GameLog from Gravity>RO2>Logs folder, i realize there are differences in how skills were indexed when warping dungeons on both windows. On windows 8 the line "After Skill Learn List Assign ===> Index" seems to be missing which it can be seen in the log when running on windows 7. However i'm not sure on this.

Hope some experts could do a deeper analysis on this. I really want to go back to windows 8 once i can be sure that the problem lies elsewhere :D

Btw, friendlist error should be highly due to players not quitting the game properly, in other words, End Task.

Edited by Ketzzz, 16 May 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#23 chocor

chocor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

yeah. Every time I try to enter raid dungeons, dungeons, or exit them or resurrect outside. I have to force quit usually too.

same problem with u, pls fix it fast WP, this error came after colo patch, usually dungeon khara need 2 / 3 run, this mean 4 / 6 exit client lol (in and out from dun)

Edited by chocor, 17 May 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#24 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

So, today, first colo, I was in a dungeon and got blank world trying to get out of said dungeon. Was able to get into colo right after I logged in. Got to round 3 and failed to attain rank 12 or higher. Got kicked out, but I got blank world while being kicked out.

This time however, I got an error message during the "Kicking" in a big yellow message under my "You have been eliminated" orange message. I couldn't get a screen since it went so freaking fast. But I think it said "You have been channel-banned." Or something similar.

#25 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

No mercy blank world again -.- fkk this how are we even supposed to get 1m blood now sorry i've been trying not to rage but fkk this is unfkking believable seriously at least say we fkking know it's a problem and are trying to do somthing God this pisses me off so bad i've been calm you know just there but now -_- THIS!

Ps: I really hope this doesn't get me forums banned QQ

P.s.s If there is a post somewhere with a CM atleast saying we know this -_- is -_- up please do post a link here and I apologize if that is the case

Edited by Baddiez, 20 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users