• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zeffyr2

zeffyr2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ok, this issue just started for me. I actually did not experience it until a few hours after I had been already in game and was able to open the friends list just fine.

This error started happening after I attempted to enter a dungeon and got disconnected. See other bug post here for that issue (http://forums.warppo...ing-connection/).

Now, whenever I attempt to open my friends list I am greeted with this error message. Keep it mind it never actually manages to connect to this messenger server.

Hopefully this is fixed soon... I can't tell when and what friends are online >_>

Posted Image

#2 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

The messenger system seems to be a separate server than the game's server. So sometimes people will go into a blank world, and still see incoming chat (Just can't reply to any of it.)

I get this a lot as of late.

Edit: Just got it again now...

Posted Image

Edited by Iyeru, 15 May 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#3 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

I sometimes get this as well, on certain toons more often than others...

#4 Gemsky

Gemsky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

I also got same error - intermitently. But my Friend List only works 5% of the time since recent update.

Now I am also experiencing dificulties changing channel - after clicking chnage channel - nothign happens - but i also unable to chat or chagne char - only way to play again is to restart game.

#5 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Now I am also experiencing dificulties changing channel - after clicking chnage channel - nothign happens - but i also unable to chat or chagne char - only way to play again is to restart game.

I also got this quite a few times, but never when switching channels.
Instead when entering or leaving dungeons...

Related?

#6 ch3n

ch3n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

up.. March 27, 2015 frequent "Connecting to messenger server"

Normal chat only appears on the chat box. Only restarting the client solves the bug, then will appear again.

Edited by ch3n, 27 March 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

You shouldn't necro threads that are so old, unless you have new relevant information to add about it. But in any case, this issue was reported, but I can't find a certain method to reproduce it (seems to happen randomly when i'm afk).

Going to Char Selection screen and re-choosing your character is enough to fix the issue, from what i've seen.

If you or anyone has reliable information about what causes the error (aside from "being afk"), that'd help. I don't think it's related to changing channels and/or dungeons however, but it's hard to say for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users