Galaxia! New content coming soon - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Galaxia! New content coming soon

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#51 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

and pls no matter how nagging demand u guys get do not do an event involving the galaxia weapon.

Of course~

#52 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

will the drop rate on Zodiac dungeon will be fixed on the complete galaxia?

it almost drop like 2 items per run and yet you need 1 week to enter your desired dungeon.
even the Quest items on mobs are low chance to drop so are elga mats.

I am hoping that there will be a crit damage on Destroyers set , perfect as Ninja's rather health.

#53 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

i agree with that ^ its extremely low drop rate of elga mats, and its been bugged for over a week now. I hope it gets fixed.

#54 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I miss the days when THQ would announce a patch, and they would actually hype up the changes and actually let us know what was going to happen. This whole lets keep everything in the dark philosophy is quite distasteful to me. "oh throw them some breadcrumbs, they'll be happy with that." Is it because you guys lack manpower, or you wish to keep things quiet so if something slips through its easier for you to cover your behinds? I don't get it.

Why on earth would a company want to not advertise, hype and encourage people to come check out their patch is beyond me. Sure there is the whole mmorpg articles, but there's nothing more than little teaser issues there.

I just simply do not understand this strategy (if you can call it one) of Warpportal/Gravity.

EDIT: Just like the rumor i've been hearing of skill balances for some classes. Don't you think that would be something the majority of the player base wants to know about?

Edited by Endbringer, 28 August 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#55 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

i agree with that ^ its extremely low drop rate of elga mats, and its been bugged for over a week now. I hope it gets fixed.

That might affect the drops of the new dungeon though.

#56 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Why on earth would a company want to not advertise, hype and encourage people to come check out their patch is beyond me. Sure there is the whole mmorpg articles, but there's nothing more than little teaser issues there.

I just simply do not understand this strategy (if you can call it one) of Warpportal/Gravity.

EDIT: Just like the rumor i've been hearing of skill balances for some classes. Don't you think that would be something the majority of the player base wants to know about?

I completely agree with this statement. Allowing the community knows about the content of the new patch before the actual maintenance gives excitements and something to look forward to. I played other mmorpg and they kept posting the info of the updates and I couldn't tell you how happy the community was. Informed community = happy players = happy game.

#57 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I am giving out information as much as time allows me.  I personally don't feel it's necessary for me to show EVERY single piece of armor or weapon since showing one shows if the items are desirable. 

I do plan to show what is planned to be changed skill wise and such later when I do have the time to post it.

#58 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

I think it is safe to assume that zodiac is just a high tier version of Elga.

#59 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

I am giving out information as much as time allows me.  I personally don't feel it's necessary for me to show EVERY single piece of armor or weapon since showing one shows if the items are desirable. 

I do plan to show what is planned to be changed skill wise and such later when I do have the time to post it.

Just because one item is desirable doesn't mean they all are. The issue here is that everyone has their own "favorite" or "main" class, and that's usually the one they want the info for. This is especially true for armor sets, since the usefulness of each successive generation of new armor sets varies wildly depending on the class (see: savage Elga set vs. pally Elga set).

I have to agree with them, I don't see why WarpPortal isn't more forthcoming with this information. Then again, considering how many updates over the past year or so have been "duds" that fizzled shortly after release (see: Ragnarok update), maybe it's simply to prevent players from being disappointed with content and generating negative feedback before it's released. But if that's the case, that's all the more reason to release the information as early as possible.

The playerbase is quite knowledgeable about the game and most players will be able to tell almost at a glance whether a particular skill balance or new item is something worth getting excited or upset about, so why not give them full access so they can point out potential problems with proposed updates before they hit the server and make suggestions to help improve proposed additions or changes to the game before they are released and it's (usually) too late?

I'm not saying the developers should just blindly follow the community's advice, because some aspects of the game or changes to it might fit into a bigger network of changes we're not aware of, but at the very least we could offer immediate feedback when we see potential issues with something that's going to have a profound impact on gameplay (see: element damage in PvP).

Even better, why don't the developers provide some kind of rationale for the changes they make? So many are made to the game that leave players wondering what the heck they were thinking, so why not provide some justification when, for instance, you add a kind of "absolute" damage to PvP which benefits some classes far more than others and dramatically affects the value of armor/weapon enchantments, two staples of the game which in all likelihood have a sizable impact on its cash flow? There's already a blog started, so it would be nice to see some discussion from the developers there explaining certain game-changing elements (no pun intended). Like a development diary of sorts.

Shazam, you are by far the best thing to happen to this game since you started taking care of us, and that says something. You have done more through in-game and out-of-game events to help liven up this community than any game update in the past year, IMO, and, well, that really says something -- both about you and the game's developers. I guess I just wish they were a little more "accessible," like you are, because IMO this game has incredible potential but year after year it sees nothing but pointless meandering updates that do little or nothing to build upon its strengths and tend to its weaknesses. So many good ideas have been proposed, but only a small sample of those ever make it through and get implemented, and of those that do, most are abandoned or screwed up by later updates -- sometimes it feels like the development of this game has just completely gone off the rails.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but there you have it.

Edited by Rimmy, 29 August 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#60 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Rim tends to say what i intend in a much more nicer and eloquent manner. I apolgozie if i'm coming off as critical of you Shazam, I'm not. Its the state of the game, I've been along for this ride since the day THQ opened its doors, and as Rim has said, this game as so much potential that many of us feels has been heavily squandered. You personally are a step in the right direction, a big one at that. But that dosen't fix everything, and thus critical and negative opinions will still be brought forth.

#61 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Regarding the information dealt out about upcoming content, it hinders on time I don't really have.  If I could, I would at least one piece from each class and every # change done to the stats but I just don't have the time. It sucks and I apologize.

We can request to have our Devs be more active on our blog regarding the latest changes. :ok:

And thank you, I try. 

#62 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Shazam, appreciate all you do for us.

#63 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

I updated the list with a small list of skills. I'll try to do more tomorrow and I will post some weapons up tomorrow as well.

Enjoy~

#64 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

that silence trap buff HNNNNNNGHHH

#65 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the skill changes play into the tournament. Hopefully we'll have some time for practice after the changes are implemented and before the tourney matches begin. I'm assuming so since it seems the registration is open until Sept. 10.

#66 GuysWhySoSerious

GuysWhySoSerious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm mainly curious of how the skill sword dance is going to work. Is it going to stun? In the sense that when they are hit with it they are knocked to the ground and there is a by period of where they can no longer move or is the stun effect no longer going to be a part of it? If the stun still works will the current cooldown of sword dance wouldn't this lead to a possibility of infinite locking with just one skill? I'm only curious because of the description being long range damage so I assume some sort of delay to be at hand.

#67 Buckcherry

Buckcherry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

• fire grenade instant cast....jesus, thank god, finally someone is thinking on destroyers

#68 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm mainly curious of how the skill sword dance is going to work. Is it going to stun? In the sense that when they are hit with it they are knocked to the ground and there is a by period of where they can no longer move or is the stun effect no longer going to be a part of it? If the stun still works will the current cooldown of sword dance wouldn't this lead to a possibility of infinite locking with just one skill? I'm only curious because of the description being long range damage so I assume some sort of delay to be at hand.

It lost it's hitscan and now only hit targets at the end of the animation.

#69 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

I like them so far!

#70 Buckcherry

Buckcherry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

something I note is.that.. normal sets are lvl 79.... rare lvl 80 and hero lvl 81.. so.for hero sets u ll need grade 8 card.. how this gonna work? I see grade 8 thinks on Midas.. so with the same ingredient u can make grade 6 7 or 8 things?? :p_omg: ..anyway I don't think that they gonna add 1 more ingredient lvl.. that's mean change farm map to :p_omg:  :p_omg:.  .. lets wait and see what happen hehe.

Edited by Buckcherry, 29 August 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#71 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm guessing block is staying the same for pally? :3

#72 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm guessing block is staying the same for pally? :3

Like Shazam said this is only a small list of skills that are getting changed, we won't know exactly what will be changed and what will stay the same till the patch will come. I don't have any info on this, just my opinion.

#73 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

It lost it's hitscan and now only hit targets at the end of the animation.

So that means people who 5/5'ed Sword Dance for the range are gonna get screwed while people who left it below 5/5 are also gonna have a small difficulty catching?

#74 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

So that means people who 5/5'ed Sword Dance for the range are gonna get screwed while people who left it below 5/5 are also gonna have a small difficulty catching?

Maybe we'll all get free skill resets to help cope with the changes....

#75 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Moar Skill info has been updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users